NHL 2010-2011 Season Thread

NNNNNNNNNNIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEMMMMMMMMMMMMIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII... says "No!".

What a game!

:nono

And the Hawks take game 1 in a series that they will probably win in 6. Awesome! TBH, I could not watch the last minute. My husband had to provide the play by play out the den window while I dug up a few weeds in the back yard.

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

caught the last period -- two zip hawks and it wasn't at all nerve wracking. Though, since I am on the road I am stuck watching ESPN waiting for highlights. Do they even know hockey exists??

caught the last period -- two zip hawks and it wasn't at all nerve wracking. Though, since I am on the road I am stuck watching ESPN waiting for highlights. Do they even know hockey exists??

This is a good matchup for the Hawks. The Sharks are like a bigger, slower version of the Blackhawks. They cant keep up so far, and are not aggressively fore checking like they would need to to slow the Hawks down. They're a good team, but we've got their number. Hawks in 5.

no way I can root for the Habs, or the Flyers. Hawks ? I guess it will be them.

:cheers Welcome to the light side!

If the hawks win tonight, stick a fork in the sharks.

DO... DO DA DO... DO DA DO... DO DA DO DA DO DA DO... DO DA DO... DO DA DO... DO DA DO DA DOOOOOOOOOOO (RINSE AND REPEAT)

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3-0

Good to know that "San Jose" won't appear on the Stanley Cup... it's bad enough "Tampa Bay", "Carolina", and "Anaheim" are on there.

Good to know that "Vancouver" won't appear on the Stanley Cup... it's bad enough "Calgary", "Edmonton", "Toronto", "Ottawa" and "Montreal" are on there.

Oh, Canada.

Congrats to the mighty Blackhawks, it's hard to see anyone beating them this year!

Assuming Philly prevails, they should be able to give the Hawks a better fight than the Sharks did.

I can't believe the Sharks were swept - perhaps they were too focused on getting past the Wings and ran out of gas?

The Stanley Cup is Chicago's to lose. Personally, I like the Richards/Carter duo more than Toews/Kane, but Hawks' D is way deeper. Both teams have good grit, and Leighton has motivation to beat his old club. I just hope the series is good, and goes at least 6 games.

If you count Ottawa on there then you have to count Vancouver. Americans... :P

54'40" or fight!

If you count Ottawa on there then you have to count Vancouver. Americans... :P

Ottawa won the first Stanley Cup awarded within the NHL in 1927. Since then the Cup has been awarded exclusively to the NHL Champion and Vancouver remains the only non-defunct Canadian franchise never to have won it.

I mean, it was a bad joke anyway so I feel stupid defending it, but I know what I'm talking about here :ninja

Ottawa won the first Stanley Cup awarded within the NHL in 1927. Since then the Cup has been awarded exclusively to the NHL Champion and Vancouver remains the only non-defunct Canadian franchise never to have won it.

I mean, it was a bad joke anyway so I feel stupid defending it, but I know what I'm talking about here :ninja

So Ottawa's cup counts because they were in the NHL but Vancouver's doesn't because they were in another league that was at the time on par (if not better) than the NHL (not to mention the beat an NHL team)? You do realize that the Ottawa Senators who won the cup are not recognized as the same franchise that today calls themselves the Ottawa Senators, yes?

Not that any of this matters but I will defend my team, my city, and my province till the bitter end! ;)