NHL 2010-2011 Season Thread

So Ottawa's cup counts because they were in the NHL but Vancouver's doesn't because they were in another league that was at the time on par (if not better) than the NHL (not to mention the beat an NHL team)? You do realize that the Ottawa Senators who won the cup are not recognized as the same franchise that today calls themselves the Ottawa Senators, yes?

Not that any of this matters but I will defend my team, my city, and my province till the bitter end! ;)

The distinctions I chose were NHL-only Stanley Cups and Cities that experienced a win. Your great-Grandfather might be able to describe to you how Ottawa reacted to the 1927 Cup win. He might also be able to describe Vancouver of the PCHA defeating Ottawa of the NHA for the Cup in 1915 but, to me, thats different :)

However, if Vancouver's name is on the Cup then I think I'm technically wrong :dontgetit We could probably make that the deciding factor. I don't know the answer. :cheers

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a Blackhawks Cup sure feels inevitable. That has to give you pause, right? Like everyone and their uncle who doesn't even watch hockey KNOWS Chicago is about to win the cup.

I feel the inevitability, I agree with it; and because of that, I'm saying Flyers win it. Say 7 games. I'm pulling for the Hawks though.

A couple of ugly goals, but that was a pretty exciting Game 1. This is going to be a great series.

Pronger actually didn't look great last night, he missed a few passes on the power play and seemed a bit sluggish?

Love me some Flyers - that doc is great, that was the era i was growing up with the team.

Pronger is a character - he took the pucks after games 1 and 2, much to the chagrin of some Hawks.

Asked what he was going to do with it it he said "Put it in the trash where it belongs...."

Saw him grab the puck after game 4 last night. Imagine it won't be going to the same place...

Great matchup, great series!

Tweedy at Hawks game

Was trolling the Blackhawks site yesterday -- came across this, and not sure if anyone else posted it. Looks like Michael was in the shoot the puck contest too. This must have been the game where the hawks were down 5-0 and came back to win 6-5.

Don't mean to be rude but what the hell happened to the Star Spangled Banner? :dontgetit

It's Philly and the Flyers always won when Kate Smith sang God Bless America. Too bad they ruined it by having that hot blonde do the Natalie/Nat King Cole style duet. This Red Wings' fan says Go Hawks!

Holy shit. I've lived in Chicago my whole life and this is the greatest thing I've ever experienced as a die hard hockey fan. Just awesome. Flat out awesome.

I'm envious!! I was rooting for the Flyers, but seeing the Hawks get the cup, I was really happy for them, especially given all the BC players on that team. Just realized why Ladd wears #16 :cheers Loved seeing Toews pass the cup to Hossa.

This all went on way too long. Maybe because of the Olympics but I'm feeling some hockey overload right now. The final should be done in May. I don't know what it's like where you guys are, but in Northern BC right now, the grass is green, the leaves are out, and the air is warm. Come September I'll be ready for some regular season, unfortunately.

I consider myself a very lucky Chicago sports fan. I've seen a Chicago White Sox World Series win, six Chicago Bulls championships, the Chicago Bears in the Super Bowl, and now a Chicago Blackhawks Stanley Cup championship!

Oh, and the sCrUBS hit the century mark.