Wilco -- 7/18/09, Wappingers Falls, Ny

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks to nyctaper for the fantastic recording. Really superb.

This was my first Wilco show, though I've been a fan for years. With two kids, my concert going over the years has steadily declined, but when I attended a Renegades game with my boy and saw that Wilco would be playing so close to home I HAD to go. Needless to say, I was not disappointed. A couple of friends came up from Brooklyn and we had a fantastic time. I didn't think we would be treated to such an incredible set list or that they would be so generous with the encores. Probably ranks in my top five of of concerts all time and it was perhaps the best outdoor concert I've ever attended. Great vibe, great weather and above all great music.

One of the top 10 shows to which I have ever been, and I have been to thousands. Easily the best Wilco show I have seen (out of about 20). Venue was amazing. The band totally was on point. The Llama was on fire--his solo on Impossible Germany was so ridiculous!

It's really too bad that Wilco doesn't do a live archive series-this definitely sounds like a show for the history books-I haven't heard the performance, but just the run of the setlist shows the potential of being a face melting show.

I wish I had seen that. Fun IS good! Good is fun, too! Wilco combines the two quite nicely. They just make it all feel so good. FYI for next time (please let there be a next time) - we parked in someone's yard down the road and had no trouble getting out.

And Happy Anniversary! We just celebrated our 10th, too - the tin anniversary. The couple that rocks together stays together! :dancing :rock (That's actually a pretty good likeness of us rockin out, with me on the right.)

Happy Anniversary to you as well!! "The couple that rocks together stays together"....I like that. Very true.

We were great, weren't we? Can I ask where you saw Wilco (The Burger) that's pictured in your avatar? And was it any good?

It was at a place on Main Street in Beacon, a few miles down the road from Wappingers Falls. But I don't know if it was any good...we ate (very well) at Homespun Foods, a nice little bourgeois hippie sandwich and salad place with a garden, also on Main Street. I recommend it!

Who's got the post-concert blues? I do!

Hands down -- this was the best Wilco show I've seen -- they really hit it out of park (ugh -- bad pun) The venue, the music, the people -- a total trifecta.

It was nice to meet Wilco Worshipper by the bus (my fellow die-hard stalker! -- I followed the bus a bit on the way home) -- as well as Laurie and Missy in the front row. Only bummer was the slighty wasted girl who clammerd her way to the front during the encore. Some people really need to learn their Geneal Admission Etiquette -- and have a bit more respect for personal space.

Jeff was just gorgeous and hysterical -- loved how he lifted his shirt during "she lifted up her shirt". And he made sounds with his guitar and voice that made me squeal with delight.

Highlights -- Too far Apart, Hoodoo Voodoo, Blue Black Nove, Spiders and I'm A Wheel.

Anyone discover what the deal was with the tux jackets on the roadies?

And Conor did a good job, give the boy a break, he's troubled. It was not too long ago that our Jeff was a troubled boy, too.

Who's got the post-concert blues? I do!

I'm still basking in the afterglow. Can we please keep talking about it and keep this thread alive 4evah!

My husband was unable to go at the last minute and I am trying so hard not to gush too much about it, but it keeps seeping out. I'm downloading the show now, so he'll get a little taste. But it was the crowd, the sweet beautiful crowd, that really made it so great. I remember thinking at the time that I had never smelled that much pot at a Wilco show before (left centerfield area, anyways) - maybe that's why everyone was so nice and friendly. I mean, I didn't get annoyed once, and that's a rarity for me.

Sigh.

I believe it was Hummingbird. Those were some sweet moves!!

You are correct. He's been performing those moves all week. It's pretty adorable :wub

It was nice to meet Wilco Worshipper by the bus (my fellow die-hard stalker! -- I followed the bus a bit on the way home) -- as well as Laurie and Missy in the front row.

stalker = determined fan ;)

Of all my shows this week, this is the only one I really had the chance to TRY to see them afterward.

why is conor a troubled boy?

i'm not tryin to be a downer, but Jeff seemed kinda fucked up on Saturday. I mean...he was probably just being Jeff, but he stumbled around quite a bit. and how about when he went up to the mic and was like "sooo..uh....yeahhh..."

typical jeff, but idk.....seemed a little loopy :)

And Conor did a good job, give the boy a break, he's troubled. It was not too long ago that our Jeff was a troubled boy, too.

From all I've seen and heard, Conor is the calmest and happiest he's been in his career.

His earlier Bright Eyes recordings versus the latest MVB record? He's definitely calmed down. I don't think I'd consider him 'troubled" anymore.

From all I've seen and heard, Conor is the calmest and happiest he's been in his career.

His earlier Bright Eyes recordings versus the latest MVB record? He's definitely calmed down. I don't think I'd consider him 'troubled" anymore.

I disagree with most of everyone's comments, I thought Conor was great. His Bright Eyes work is rather whiny at times, but he's a great songwriter. His set was much more energetic than Wolf Trap and I really dig the MVB albums. Cape Canaveral is a f-ing great tune. He definitely looked a little fucked up but whatever. He may have been a little out of his element in a cavernous ballpark but I thought his performance was great. He plays really well off the other guys in the band. How about that freakin acoustic guitar solo! You don't see that often. I loved his set.

The recording is a dream. Absolutely perfect conditions, and the results are fabulous.

I hope to have it posted to nyctaper by tomorrow night. Its one of my best. Ever.

He is not kidding. It sounds fantastic!

why is conor a troubled boy?

i'm not tryin to be a downer, but Jeff seemed kinda fucked up on Saturday. I mean...he was probably just being Jeff, but he stumbled around quite a bit. and how about when he went up to the mic and was like "sooo..uh....yeahhh..."

typical jeff, but idk.....seemed a little loopy :)

I didn't get that.

I disagree with most of everyone's comments, I thought Conor was great. His Bright Eyes work is rather whiny at times, but he's a great songwriter. His set was much more energetic than Wolf Trap and I really dig the MVB albums. Cape Canaveral is a f-ing great tune. He definitely looked a little fucked up but whatever. He may have been a little out of his element in a cavernous ballpark but I thought his performance was great. He plays really well off the other guys in the band. How about that freakin acoustic guitar solo! You don't see that often. I loved his set.

I also liked Conor. It was only the second time I've seen him live (the first was at Frawley 7/10). Great songwriting - I had low expectations but was really impressed. I do think they must LOVE to party. They looked really messed up on Friday too!

This was a magic show, for sure! Pure awesomeness with bad-ass on top. I snagged a floating set-list, and John signed my tour book. Hello Wilco Worshiper, Barb and Laurie. I got home at 6:30am, slept two hours and went to Lewiston the next night. Great show as well but not like this one.

wiillcco.jpg

wiillcco 2.jpg

wiillcco 4.jpg

wiillcco 6.jpg

wiillcco 3.jpg

wiillcco 5.jpg

wiillcco 7.jpg