Lewiston, Ny 7.19.09

Another great show...Conor and the band started with their matching sailor caps and jackets....my wife wondered where Tenille was. Saw at least two tapers by me (15 rows back to the right)

Setlist:

Wilco (The Song)

ELT

IATTBYH

Shot In The Arm

At Least That's What You Said

Bull Black Nova

Radio Cure

One Wing

Handshake Drugs

Deeper Down

Impossible Germany

Jesus, etc.

Sonny Feeling

Can't Stand It

Hate It Here

Walken

I'm The Man Who Loves You

Hummingbird

First Encore:

Misunderstood (43 Nothings)

Spiders (Kidsmoke)

Second Encore:

The Late Greats

Heavy Metal Drummer

California Stars (w/ Conor & MVB)

Hoodoo Voodoo (killer guitar duel between Nels & Pat)

I'm A Wheel

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1) I'm guessing Conor and the boys visited Niagara Falls. Those caps are all over the souvenir shops there.

2) I'm really looking forward to future shows as the new material separates from the studio versions and the songs evolve into more organic live forms. I'm glad they have incorporated so many tunes from the new album into the set.

3) Peculiar crowd. Pretty quiet until very late in the show (at Misunderstood maybe?) - then they erupted.

4) Note from (me) one of the chief "Twerds" (Tweedy nerds - I just made that up) - while all Wilco shows are of very high quality, for me this show ranks in the middle of my Wilco pack. #1 for me (of my 10 or so) remains Charlottesville, Va., Oct '07.

Did anyone else think the sound inside sounded really bad. Everything was so loud it distorted. It was fun at first but after 10 songs of blistering noise it bothered me.

Overall it was a great show, they sounded good (aside from being too loud) and Jeff was in high spirits. Setlist was a tad disappointing but some great versions. I was a huge fan of Hoodoo Voodoo, Pat was going nuts!

Love will keep us together

Another great show...Conor and the band started with their matching sailor caps and jackets....my wife wondered where Tenille was. Saw at least two tapers by me (15 rows back to the right)

Songs played (opener/closer/encores correct...middle stuff is not in order):

Wilco (The Song) (opener)

Can't Stand It

Shot In The Arm

ELT

IATTBYH

Radio Cure

Jesus, etc.

Heavy Metal Drummer

I'm The Man Who Loves You

At Least That's What You Said

Handshake Drugs

Impossible Germany

Hate It Here

Walken

Deeper Down

One Wing

Bull Black Nova

Sonny Feeling

Hummingbird (set closer)

First Encore:

Misunderstood (43 Nothings)

Spiders (Kidsmoke)

Second Encore:

The Late Greats

California Stars (w/ Conor & MVB)

Hoodoo Voodoo (killer guitar duel between Nels & Pat)

I'm A Wheel

Wow, what a great show. Loved that we got to hear Radio Cure & Can't Stand It.

My wife got to meet Pat & John at the Niagara Falls State Park a few hours before the show - said they were really nice guys and didn't seem to mind that she stalked them for a good ten minutes before getting up the nerve to say something.

Wilcocropped.jpg

Wow, what a great show. Loved that we got to hear Radio Cure & Can't Stand It.

My wife got to meet Pat & John at the Niagara Falls State Park a few hours before the show - said they were really nice guys and didn't seem to mind that she stalked them for a good ten minutes before getting up the nerve to say something.

Wilcocropped.jpg

Hey man! You're the dude that was sitting right beside us last night, the 2 guys from Toronto!

You showed us that pic on your blackberry during the show!

It was a pretty decent show, beautiful venue, overall good atmosphere, pretty energetic crowd...but the sound was a god awful mess. Nels`amps were drowning out Jeff`s mic a good part of the time, some songs didn't work well at all (Deeper Down), just too many overdriven amps competing during parts of songs that should have been audible. Also Jeff seemed "off" for most of the evening, my guess either tired from the long Wappingers show or he didn't really like the venue (management?), given some of the comments. He also told someone up front to 'get lost', not sure what that was about.

Also Jeff seemed "off" for most of the evening, my guess either tired from the long Wappingers show or he didn't really like the venue (management?), given some of the comments. He also told someone up front to 'get lost', not sure what that was about.

Jeff was kidding when he said that. It was right after one of the girls asked for his towel. Then the guy asked for his shoe, to which he replied "get lost". :D

Hey man! You're the dude that was sitting right beside us last night, the 2 guys from Toronto!

You showed us that pic on your blackberry during the show!

Yep, that's me - I didn't know you were a member - are you the one w/ the glasses? I asked your friend and he said he didn't know about this board. It was nice talking with you both - Did you enjoy the show?

Yep, that's me - I didn't know you were a member - are you the one w/ the glasses? I asked your friend and he said he didn't know about this board. It was nice talking with you both - Did you enjoy the show?

Yeah, I'm the one with the glasses. Show was awesome, couldn't beat the seats either! It was pretty cool to see Jeff only inches away when he had the girl beside me strum his guitar. Just because he was that close, I had to throw in a pat on Jeff's back! hahahahaha....

That setlist is messed. Not that I have the correct one, but it's certainly out of order. And HMD was in encore II.

Captains hats worn by Mystic Valley Band read "Maid of the Mist" across the brim. That's the tourist boat ride you can take to the Falls.

Agreed, sound was horrible, and venue was very strange. Like they took an amphitheater, made it twice as steep, encased it in brick, then poked out a slit in the back wall and put some lawn seats up there. Just weird.

IMG_7963.jpg

IMG_7976.jpg

IMG_7984.jpg

IMG_7994.jpg

IMG_8008.jpg

IMG_8013.jpg

IMG_8022.jpg

It was a pretty decent show, beautiful venue, overall good atmosphere, pretty energetic crowd...but the sound was a god awful mess. Nels`amps were drowning out Jeff`s mic a good part of the time, some songs didn't work well at all (Deeper Down), just too many overdriven amps competing during parts of songs that should have been audible. Also Jeff seemed "off" for most of the evening, my guess either tired from the long Wappingers show or he didn't really like the venue (management?), given some of the comments. He also told someone up front to 'get lost', not sure what that was about.

I'm wondering if it's were you were. We were about 20 rows back on the right (to the right of Pat's mike), and the sound wasn't terrible for Wilco. It was for CO&MVB, though.

I've only been to five shows, but I agree, Jeff was acting a little weird.

Overall, I thought it was a good show, it was nice to hear the new stuff live.

I'm wondering if it's were you were. We were about 20 rows back on the right (to the right of Pat's mike), and the sound wasn't terrible for Wilco. It was for CO&MVB, though.

Here's the setlist that was grabbed from the stage in front of John. In the second encore, they never played You Never Know as indicated.

After California Stars they went into Hoodoo Voodoo and ended with I'm a Wheel.

6532_124135007455_685537455_3045081_6753120_n.jpg

6532_124136067455_685537455_3045092_4127991_n.jpg

6532_124133227455_685537455_3045072_5033638_n.jpg

6532_124135467455_685537455_3045085_3927674_n.jpg

6532_124136927455_685537455_3045102_1084365_n.jpg

Here's the setlist that was grabbed from the stage in front of John. In the second encore, they never played You Never Know as indicated.

After California Stars they went into Hoodoo Voodoo and ended with I'm a Wheel.

Thanks for posting it.

They didn't play Candyfloss either.

omggggggggggg :wub can't wait to hear this!!

I've been saying they should've been on stage together this whole mini tour. Damn them for doing it at a show I wasn't at! Lol, but it does sound awesome & i'm looking forward to hearing it too!

Long time board reader but rarely post (this might even be my virgin posting :innocent

Great show last night. Anyone who says Jeff was off or complains about this band not giving it 100% is nuts. This was my 11th or 12th Wilco show (not sure if that makes me a vet or just a pretty loyal fan) but this one was by far the best I've seen. The guys are playing great, they're tight and they're having fun. A few observations: We came down to the show from Toronto and there is a definite difference between a Toronto crowd and US crowd. I love that as soon as the lights dimmed, everyone stood up and stayed that way for the next 2hrs and 15 minutes. At the last few Wilco shows in T.O. the crowd has, in a typical, conservative, Canadian way, sat down for a lot of the show and the mood was pretty mellow. The crowd last night was excited, singing, dancing and most importantly clapping over our heads collectively when instructed to do so!

The venue was strange indeed. From where I was sitting (20 rows back in the center) you couldn't see the lawns...they just disappeared because of the weird angle of the slope. I think Jeff had a similarly difficult time "working" the room. The ushers were also a riot - not one under the age of 75. Probably all Art Park volunteers. I saw a few holding their ears during the Nels/Jeff feedback battles on Handshake Drugs and ALTWYS.

Pet Peeves:

1) Cell phones/cameras at concerts. It is so damn distracting sitting behind people that constantly put their arms in the air trying to get a photo or video and then watch their footage back during the show. When Jeff had the young lady strum along during Spiders some dude was taking shots of himself with Jeff as the backdrop. Jeff just shook his head and didn't look impressed that this cool moment in the show was being upstaged by this knobs self-portrait. Put the cameras away people and enjoy the show.

2) The Lewiston border crossing back to Canada. 2.5 hrs to go 3 miles. Ridiculous. :realmad

Looking forward to a Toronto show later in 2009 or early 2010!

I was about 20 rows back (row V) but on the far left..Nels' side. I enjoyed the show & glad I went....not complaining--at all-- that was a helluva concert for 36 bucks. It just ranks 3rd of the three Wilco shows I've been to.

Long time board reader but rarely post (this might even be my virgin posting :innocent

Great show last night. Anyone who says Jeff was off or complains about this band not giving it 100% is nuts. This was my 11th or 12th Wilco show (not sure if that makes me a vet or just a pretty loyal fan) but this one was by far the best I've seen. The guys are playing great, they're tight and they're having fun. A few observations: We came down to the show from Toronto and there is a definite difference between a Toronto crowd and US crowd. I love that as soon as the lights dimmed, everyone stood up and stayed that way for the next 2hrs and 15 minutes. At the last few Wilco shows in T.O. the crowd has, in a typical, conservative, Canadian way, sat down for a lot of the show and the mood was pretty mellow. The crowd last night was excited, singing, dancing and most importantly clapping over our heads collectively when instructed to do so!

The venue was strange indeed. From where I was sitting (20 rows back in the center) you couldn't see the lawns...they just disappeared because of the weird angle of the slope. I think Jeff had a similarly difficult time "working" the room. The ushers were also a riot - not one under the age of 75. Probably all Art Park volunteers. I saw a few holding their ears during the Nels/Jeff feedback battles on Handshake Drugs and ALTWYS.

Pet Peeves:

1) Cell phones/cameras at concerts. It is so damn distracting sitting behind people that constantly put their arms in the air trying to get a photo or video and then watch their footage back during the show. When Jeff had the young lady strum along during Spiders some dude was taking shots of himself with Jeff as the backdrop. Jeff just shook his head and didn't look impressed that this cool moment in the show was being upstaged by this knobs self-portrait. Put the cameras away people and enjoy the show.

2) The Lewiston border crossing back to Canada. 2.5 hrs to go 3 miles. Ridiculous. :realmad

Should've crossed at Niagara! Rainbow Bridge was a 7 minute drive on a scenic (and I'm being serious) Robert Moses Parkway, along the Gorge. Got to Rainbow bridge, three lanes open, 2 cars total on bridge, we pulled right up to the window! Best part is that you drive under the Lewiston bridge and we saw how long that line was....yikes!

Great show though, horrid sound! Muddier than anything I've experienced in a while...I just saw Springsteen in Pittsburgh where the Penguins play at the Igloo, that place is a death trap for sound, and the Artpark was way worse!

Pet Peeves:

I laughed when Jeff smacked that kid in the head when he was trying to take a picture, it was pretty funny.

As for the traffic getting into Canada, it was backed up almost 2 miles before the show even started, not sure what the problem was but it made my wait to get off the exit almost twice as long (2.5 hours to get to the show and 1.5 hours to get home). Usually getting into Canada is easy coming back to the US usually proves to be difficult.

The venue was probably the weirdest I've ever been to, did any of you sit in the lawn? I went up to visit a friend during Conor's set, I'd be afraid to get drunk in the lawn for fear of tripping and tumbling down the whole thing, the angle of the slope was insane. As for Jeff, he didn't seem off at all, he seemed to be having a good time and joked around quite a bit, although he was pretty silent for the first 5 songs or so, my friend asked me if he ever talks, pretty much the exact moment he started talking and did not stop the rest of the night.

Aside from the sound I was very pleased with the show.

Should've crossed at Niagara! Rainbow Bridge was a 7 minute drive on a scenic (and I'm being serious) Robert Moses Parkway, along the Gorge. Got to Rainbow bridge, three lanes open, 2 cars total on bridge, we pulled right up to the window! Best part is that you drive under the Lewiston bridge and we saw how long that line was....yikes!

Great show though, horrid sound! Muddier than anything I've experienced in a while...I just saw Springsteen in Pittsburgh where the Penguins play at the Igloo, that place is a death trap for sound, and the Artpark was way worse!

My plan all along was to go Rainbow but it was just so easy getting out of there and it seemed like there was no traffic at all heading to Lewiston...bad call on my part.