10/2/2009 St. Paul, MN

I haven't been to Roy Wilkins since seeing the Crowes there in the mid-90s, but it was said in another thread that the sound there is worse than at Eagles Ballroom in Milwaukee. That is shocking.

I haven't been to Roy Wilkins since seeing the Crowes there in the mid-90s, but it was said in another thread that the sound there is worse than at Eagles Ballroom in Milwaukee. That is shocking.

Wow. I'm excited they'll be in St. Paul, but if they pick up a date at a better venue within driving distance I might skip this show and go to that.

--Mike

Wow. I'm excited they'll be in St. Paul, but if they pick up a date at a better venue within driving distance I might skip this show and go to that.

--Mike

I'm curious to see what other spots they'll hit in the Midwest, but a GA floor (assuming...) show in St. Paul would be hard to miss.

I'm curious to see what other spots they'll hit in the Midwest, but a GA floor (assuming...) show in St. Paul would be hard to miss.

A Friday night too?!? So tempting!

...it was said in another thread that the sound there is worse than at Eagles Ballroom in Milwaukee.

Can't be. Can it? (Eagles Ballroom isn't far from me, but I stopped going there... the venue is atrocious in every way.)

Can't be. Can it? (Eagles Ballroom isn't far from me, but I stopped going there... the venue is atrocious in every way.)

I know. It's hard to imagine, isn't it? However, I've enjoyed myself at shows at both venues, so the "sound thing" probably means more to others than to me.

I wish some of these dates had been this summer, before it's back to the classroom. I don't foresee this being an approved field trip.

totally is true.

this venue is definitely along the lines of Eagles & the Aragon.

it's one of the worst mid sized venues i've been to in the midwest. even the lame Myth nightclub in Maplewood (which is a former shoe-store) and seats 4000+ has really good sound at least

I've always liked the Orpheum; I guess it's just a little too small now for Wilco (??)

yeah, 2500 vs. almost 6000

they'd have to play 2 shows at the Orpheum, which would be fine by me, but then that usually limits bands to just the major markets and they'd skip a place like Iowa City

I know. It's hard to imagine, isn't it? However, I've enjoyed myself at shows at both venues, so the "sound thing" probably means more to others than to me.

I wish some of these dates had been this summer, before it's back to the classroom. I don't foresee this being an approved field trip.

:lol I think the same thing: Hope I don't get sick this year, because all of my school personal days are going to concerts!