"Both" implies two people.

For f' sakes, I made a mistake. Sorry, kinda wished instead of pointing out my foibles someone would add to the conversation.

What Prince did was entirely stupid and should not be tolerated in the game of baseball. He does not show respect for the game. He got off easy with just a fine. I am not talking kicking him out of baseball, but 1 -2 days would not be excessive.

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I agree. Fielder and Mota should both have been suspended for a couple games. Taking the argument off the field and into the clubhouse is worse than charging the mound, IMO, because it's beyond the heat of the moment.

I couldn't watch last night's disaster. Went to bed after the top of ninth. Doesn't look good now for the Sox but did the United States give up after the German's bombed Pearl Harbor? The Sox have lost a few in a row to the MFY before as I remember and things turned out just fine. Not quite sure this time though. Injuries are a big problem and there is no Curt Schilling walking out to the mound.

The Blue Jays are reportedly going to let the White Sox have Alex Rios' contract (accepted waiver claim without negotiating a trade).

I wonder how this will shake out. A lot of people think he is over paid. This statistical write-up suggests he's a good value:

http://www.hardballtimes.com/main/blog_article/why-should-i-care-about-alex-rios/

I'm excited for the White Sox to have a plus defender, at least. Quentin-Podsednik-Dye must be the worst defensive outfield in the bigs.

gorzy in the rotation does not help the situation.

I actaully Gorzy in the Rotation as a sub, he had a bad break last night. His first start as a Cub was outstanding. The offense needs to get going again, and that seems to happen with AmRam.

I actaully Gorzy in the Rotation as a sub, he had a bad break last night. His first start as a Cub was outstanding. The offense needs to get going again, and that seems to happen with AmRam.

i do not. he has struggled for at least a year. hopefully lily gets back soon.

i agree that the offense is more the issue.

i do not. he has struggled for at least a year. hopefully lily gets back soon.

i agree that the offense is more the issue.

See the thing with Cubs is on paper they should be able to put up 6-10 runs a night. And Gorzelanny ERA is like 4 or something? For a fifth starter not too bad. They should be winning a lot more games. Too Bad Gorzelanny is now the Cubs number 3 guy.

ick

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOiUV3xNlOI

I know I hate the Red Sox and wah wah wah and all that, but who throws a helmet, honestly?

Seriously, this video is all kinds of funny. Porcello looks terrified as Youk charges, and Youk just looks like he lost his fucking mind. And everytime he throws his helmet I giggle. He's acting so aggressively and then he does that? He looks like an older brother chasing his little brother, and Porcello plays his little brother role to perfection by lamely trying to palm it away with his glove while running away. Funny stuff.

Not a very manly throw by Youk, and then he gets tackled anyways.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOiUV3xNlOI

I know I hate the Red Sox and wah wah wah and all that, but who throws a helmet, honestly?

Someone who is getting sick of being thrown at (see also: Edwin Jackson, Joba Chamberlain), I would imagine. The helmet throwing was a bit much, though.

Your boy Mike Lowell did pretty well for an old guy after pinch running for probably the first and last time of his career.

And a nice performance after he got tossed. Guess he was pissed he got thrown out of the game when his family had driven six hours from New Jersey to watch him pitch. Note to Rick Porcello: if you don't want to get thrown out of the game, don't try to hit two opposing batters.