But i find it interesting that when the Cowboys lost in the first round as a #1 seed they were widely ridiculed. But when the Giants did the same thing last year, not a freaking peep.

I think it's because the Giants won the Super Bowl the year before, people might have been upset, but then they watched the tape of the Helmet catch, and put on their 18-1 t-shirts. After Roethlisberger to Holmes last year, pretty much anything the Steelers do this year is just gravy, unless they get beat in the playoffs by the Ravens, then I'll probably be pissed off.

--Mike

• Replies 807
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eli played wonderfully in that game. His turnaround from the end of 2007 onward has been amazing, there are only a few other quarterbacks in the league I'd rather have.

--Mike

Indeed. He was SO cool at the end of that game - looking so calm. Reminded me quite a bit of his brother of about 4-5 years ago. And that scramble with the little spin around before he dumped the ball off for a completion. Man, that was the kind of thing his old man could do.

I have a feeling that this may be the norm for him.

I don't know that a game that bad would ever be the norm for him. But he needs to do a better job of protecting the ball. And there is no excuse, the OL did an excellent job last night and Romo pissed the game away with three terrible throws. All at key moments, too.

He's still forcing the ball too much and seems to be afraid of checking down to anyone other than Witten.

It must be nice to have your Super Bowl in September.

My memory could be a bit foggy, but haven't the Jets beat the Pats at least 2 or 3 times over the past few years? I think espn is going a little bit overboard claiming that the Jets are now the big boys in the AFC East, its still week 2! As far as I am concerned, this division could go to anyone, even those 0-2 Phins!

Now, open question to all of you, will ESPN call the Saints out for "running up the score"? I hope not, in pro football I think that is just silly talk, but they did it in 07 for the Pats...

My memory could be a bit foggy, but haven't the Jets beat the Pats at least 2 or 3 times over the past few years? I think espn is going a little bit overboard claiming that the Jets are now the big boys in the AFC East, its still week 2! As far as I am concerned, this division could go to anyone, even those 0-2 Phins!

The Jets hadn't beaten the Pats at home since Sept 2000. While the hype is completely ridiculous (of course), so is the backlash. Let the Jets have some fun. It was a big win. Everyone knows, Jets fans included, that this is week 2. New coach, new qb, and new D has people excited.

I don't care how they look if they lose. The defense is fucking pathetic.

Peyton Manning makes a LOT of defenses look pathetic.

Those Manning boys know how to play them some football.

Guest Runaway Jim

Can't really comment on the Dolphins D as I didn't get to watch the first week nor much of last nights game, but they've lost to 2 very good teams.

The AFC East race will finally be fun to watch.

Why are the Jets and Giants on at the same time today?

Edit: Oh yeah, Yom Kippur.

The Patriots are very quietly playing some good defense this year!

:brow

They're nowhere near as good as they were in previous years. Especially from a fantasy perspective.

But the Jets look really, really good at the moment. Taking down a (traditionally, but probably not as good anymore) stingy defense in the Titans.

Also, are the Browns this year's Lions?

Holy smokes what a play by Farve. I still think the combination of an aging quarterback plus a barely competent coach is going to equal disaster for the Vikes down the stretch, but they finally beat a team with a pulse.

Congrats, btw, to the Lions.

--Mike

:brow

They're nowhere near as good as they were in previous years. Especially from a fantasy perspective.

But the Jets look really, really good at the moment. Taking down a (traditionally, but probably not as good anymore) stingy defense in the Titans.

Also, are the Browns this year's Lions?

-I don't think that there is much of a correlation between the Pats fantasy defense and their real defense. Their defense so far has made stops when necessary, which does not translate to fantasy points. BUT I do agree that previous years defenses were better on paper. The Pats D is 6th in passing yards and 3rd in total yards. At this rate, when mayo comes back this could be a top 10 defense.

-The Jets could be this year Ravens for sure, I would not count out the Bills just yet.

-The Browns are a disgrace, but the Tampa Bay Yucks are this years Lions

The Patriots have a good defense. Yeah, I know! Crazy!

If the offense can shake off the rust, this team will play it's best football after Thanksgiving.

Looking at their schedule, the Pats will close against, Miami, Carolina, Buffalo, Jacksonville, and Houston. They have the opportunity to go into the playoffs on a big roll. They are at least a 10 win team, but if they can survive their early schedule, they could win a lot more. That stretch of Indy, Jets & at New Orleans scares me a bit

-The Browns are a disgrace, but the Tampa Bay Yucks are this years Lions

I don't know about that. The Browns really look like the worst team in football, there just nothing that team does well. Cribbs is the only player that scares me on either side of the ball. It's so bad right now, when I got a taunting e-mail after the Steelers/Bengals game from my Uncle, who is a Browns fan, I didn't even fire back something about the Ravens game. At this point, he's suffering enough.

The Rams, Buccaneers, Chiefs and Redskins look equally putrid, it's going to be a banner year for really bad teams, I think.

--Mike

Edit: And now the Dolphins look boned as well: ESPN: Sources: Pennington done for season