• Replies 807
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brett Favre, Green Bay Packers (P): Although Favre is on the injury report with three body parts listed (foot, knee, ankle), by now we know his leg would literally have to be falling off for him not to play. Favre's probable designation confirms the Vikings' plan to start him Sunday. The limited practice all week is no doubt their means of protecting their quarterback, who celebrated his 40th birthday this week. Many happy returns, Brett.

This appeared yesterday on espn.com :o

I also saw a headline yesterday on ESPN's mobile site stating that #1 Florida was leading #4 Florida. Not a great day for ESPN.com copy-editors.

As far as I'm concerned no day is a good day for espn.

Guest Runaway Jim

Agreed. Im glad the Dolphins have been on MNF so I can watch them. It's like watching a dominant high school football team. They just run over whoever they want. Ricky Williams has long been one of my favorite players and I'm so glad to see him back in the game. And Ronnie Brown is becoming a machine.

I'm really rooting for them to win the AFC East, but don't think they're going to make it to the playoffs. With games against the Saints, Jets, Patriots (2) and 6 more road games, they might be 7-9 at best. The secondary is just too vulnerable.

We can't stop the pass even a little bit. Maybe if we get a more consistent pass rush we could do something about that. I want more roided up ex CFL-er Cameron Wake in my life.

This is a fun team to watch, that's for sure. And Henne looked absolutely legit last night. If he is, then the Dolphins are going to be really, really good for the next decade. Just draft a WR this year in the first round and go.

And Henne looked absolutely legit last night.

The Dolphins completely manhandled the Jets D and smacked them around good. But, bobbob, Henne threw one pass more than 10 yds downfield. Granted, it was a perfect throw to Ginn, but the wildcat won that game last night. Henne wasn't even on the field for the last play.

Henne made some great throws last night, though. Especially on that last drive. The 3rd-down out against the blitz. The 3rd-and-10 completion to Camarillo to get them inside the 5. A quarterback doesn't go 20-26 by accident.

They do need to address the defense, though. More than a receiver.

Henne made some great throws last night, though. Especially on that last drive. The 3rd-down out against the blitz. The 3rd-and-10 completion to Camarillo to get them inside the 5. A quarterback doesn't go 20-26 by accident.

Yeah, I agree. The 3rd down out was impressive too. I just thought the Jets D was completely overwhelmed and intimidated last night, and the vast majority of Henne's throws were short passes exploiting a D that didn't know how to adjust to the wildcat. Henne would not have gone 20-26 if there wasn't a wildcat. Of course, if my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle, etc., but it seems like an odd game to judge Henne by.

Yeah, I agree. The 3rd down out was impressive too. I just thought the Jets D was completely overwhelmed and intimidated last night, and the vast majority of Henne's throws were short passes exploiting a D that didn't know how to adjust to the wildcat. Henne would not have gone 20-26 if there wasn't a wildcat. Of course, if my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle, etc., but it seems like an odd game to judge Henne by.

20-26 is pretty great though. I'm not drawing any conclusions about his future, just saying that he looked fantastic last night, and made some really impressive passes on the run. And more importantly, didn't make any mistakes.

This is the story of my fantasy team thus far this week:

Matt Schaub: 29pts

Adrian Peterson: 16pts

Ahmad Bradshaw: 10pts

Thomas Jones: 25pts (4th qtr)

Randy Moss: 30pts (4th qtr)

Marques Colston: 22pts

Antonio Gates: 0pts (plays MNF)

Packers D/ST: 21pts

Ryan Longwell: 16pts

Total: 169pts

And this is even with me benching Steve Slaton (18pts), and Gates not even have played yet. So this is one zany week of NFL. I'm happy because I have about twice my opponent's fantasy points currently. Haha.

This is the story of my fantasy team thus far this week:

Matt Schaub: 29pts

Adrian Peterson: 16pts

Ahmad Bradshaw: 10pts

Thomas Jones: 25pts (4th qtr)

Randy Moss: 30pts (4th qtr)

Marques Colston: 22pts

Antonio Gates: 0pts (plays MNF)

Packers D/ST: 21pts

Ryan Longwell: 16pts

Total: 169pts

And this is even with me benching Steve Slaton (18pts), and Gates not even have played yet. So this is one zany week of NFL. I'm happy because I have about twice my opponent's fantasy points currently. Haha.

Christ that is an EXCELLENT team, what are you in a 4 team league? Good job man, I have Schaub and I'm still surprised he caught up with my opponents QB (he had Brees)

Congrats to all the Raiders fans! I do feel bad for Donavon though :(

Christ that is an EXCELLENT team, what are you in a 4 team league? Good job man, I have Schaub and I'm still surprised he caught up with my opponents QB (he had Brees)

10-team league. I missed the draft so the majority is auto-drafted. Only real pickups were Packers D/ST and Longwell. Picked up the Packers like in the second week when the Pats D wasn't netting me any points and then Longwell when Nick Folk wasn't doing so hot and Neil Rackers (my replacement) sucked it up the week after. I ended up with that good of a team because one guy was being really dumb about drafting and took a bunch of Pittsburgh players really early, like Rothlisberger with the 3rd pick, Hines Ward in round 2, Pit's D in round 3, stuff like that. Now on any given Sunday the Steelers are a good team, but fantasy-wise you are pretty senseless to be picking those guys up that early. So it autodrafted me that team, for the most part.

I'm going to be honest, I will never not start Schaub at this point ever again unless it's his bye week. Also I ended up with 172 points (Jones got 3 more on the night).

Guest Runaway Jim

That Patriots/Titans game was just silly. It was lopsided like a high school game.

And the Bears proved that you can't play mistake-ridden football and expect to win. Unless you're playing the Redskins or something.

I'm looking for an absolute shootout in San Diego tonight. I'd like to see Rivers go all Brady or Brees, but also would like to see Knowshon go all Adrian Petersen on the Bolts.

Guest Runaway Jim

I picked Brady for a little weekly pick-to-click type pool my brothers and i do and literally said "fuck, no way brady's throwing in this weather". Then I watched him dismantle the Titans.