I am trying to find that image from Revenge of the Nerds (?) of the dude wearing the helmet with the rocket through it as a protest.

• Replies 807
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am trying to find that image from Revenge of the Nerds (?) of the dude wearing the helmet with the rocket through it as a protest.

backtoschool2.jpg

Robert Downey, Jr. in Back to School

I think the playoffs will wind up looking like this...

NFC:

Cowboys

Vikings

Saints

Cardinals

Falcons

Packers

AFC:

Patriots

Colts

Steelers

Broncos

Texans

Ravens

Still rooting for the Bears though!

Don't sleep on the Bengals. Stout defense, rejuvenated Cedric Benson, healthy Carson Palmer.

Guest Runaway Jim

Don't sleep on the Bengals. Stout defense, rejuvenated Cedric Benson, healthy Carson Palmer.

I'm not. I was very impressed with their destruction of the Bears, as well as their wins over Pittsburgh, Baltimore and Green Bay. And they lost to Houston and Denver, who are both playing very well.

Bengals could very well win the division. They are firing on all cylinders. I just think they have 4 very tough road games (Pitt, Minn, SD, NYJ) and a tough home game against the Ravens that could turn into 5 loses.

Playoff Picks

AFC

1.) Indianapolis

2.) Denver

3.) New England

4.) Pittsburgh

5.) Cincinnati

6.) Baltimore

Outside looking in: San Diego, NY Jets.

NFC

1.) New Orleans

2.) Arizona

3.) New York Giants

4.) Green Bay

5.) Minnesota

6.) Philadelphia

Outside looking in: Dallas, Atlanta, Chicago.

Still feeling a Manning Brothers Super Bowl: Indy/NY Giants, but we've got a long way to go, and the Giants need to play a lot better than they have the last two weeks.

--Mike

Did Good Old Neon really get attacked from all sides for posting that story?

Maybe 'all sides' was poor phrasing - should've said 'any reply that wasn't bjorn's was reactionary and weirdly defensive'.

Matt makes a good point though - Gladwell's logic in linking dogfighting to the NFL is spurious.

Matt makes a good point though - Gladwell's logic in linking dogfighting to the NFL is spurious.

I just finished the article on my subway ride in to work this morning. I agree that the connection to dogfighting was a stretch and probably unnecessary. However, some of what several of the doctors said about what a lineman's head goes through over the course of a career was pretty sobering.

“My father got more credentials than most of these pro coaches. … google my father!!!!!!!”

“My father played for the coach from ‘remember the titans’. Our coachplayed golf. My father played for redskins briefly. Our coach. Nuthn”

The news on Johnson has been pretty good all week. It looks like he'll play Sunday.

If Johnson is any less than 100%, it will be really hard for Schaub to get the offense rolling. Like, really hard. And I'm rooting for the Texans (mostly because Schaub and Slaton are on my fantasy team, hah).

If Johnson is any less than 100%, it will be really hard for Schaub to get the offense rolling. Like, really hard. And I'm rooting for the Texans (mostly because Schaub and Slaton are on my fantasy team, hah).

I don't know, I feel like they have numerous receviers who can step up. I think Walter could carry the team for a while. I don't know the status of their roster though, as pertains to injuries, etc.

I don't know, I feel like they have numerous receviers who can step up. I think Walter could carry the team for a while. I don't know the status of their roster though, as pertains to injuries, etc.

Obviously Johnson is among the NFL's elite wideouts, and in years past could probably have been considered the most valuable in the league, but I think you're right. That offense is something else. Walter and Jacoby Jones are weapons, Owen Daniels is maybe the most underrated tight end in the league, and Slaton's been doing most of his damage out of the backfield this year.

Anyway, Johnson was a full participant in today's practice, so he'll likely play. I've got him and Slats on my fantasy team as well.

Obviously Johnson is among the NFL's elite wideouts, and in years past could probably have been considered the most valuable in the league, but I think you're right. That offense is something else. Walter and Jacoby Jones are weapons, Owen Daniels is maybe the most underrated tight end in the league, and Slaton's been doing most of his damage out of the backfield this year.

Anyway, Johnson was a full participant in today's practice, so he'll likely play. I've got him and Slats on my fantasy team as well.

The only rub against Slaton are all the fumbles lost. And the fact that most of the damage he does is from the screen game, not actually his running game. Hopefully the soft-as-heck Buffalo run D will remedy that. But Houston has always been a pass team, no matter what Kubiak thinks. While certainly Jones and Walter can step up, I don't think they can fit the role nearly as well as Johnson does, because when Johnson goes deep and stuff, they have to cover him up a lot more than your typical wideout, leaving Walter, Jones, Daniels, and Slaton open to do some real big damage. And that's why Houston's offense has been really damn good this year, and why they can totally nab a Wild Card spot (also, their defense isn't terrible anymore).

Am I the last person on earth not counting the Titans out? I don't necessarily mean out of the playoffs, it'd be a shock if they made it that far, but I can still see 6-8 wins. They've had a murderers-row schedule so far (Pitt, Hou, NYJ, Jax, Indy, NE) and it gets a bit easier in the second half of the season (though still kinda tough: AZ, Indy, SD, SF, Mia...). Vince Young is the ultimate wild card. After last year nobody expects a GD thing from him, and he just might sneak up on us.

Guest Runaway Jim

The Titans have played terrible this year. Yes, they've been beat by some good teams, but they've been absolutely destroyed in their last 3 games. I picked them to win this week against Jacksonville at home, but aside from that, the only other games I see them winning are at home against Buffalo (maybe) and St. Louis. I also do not believe that Vince Young should be playing quarterback in the NFL. They should move him to WR and hope for the best.

As for the Texans, I have been on their bandwagon for a few years now. I picked them as a WC team this preseason and I'm sticking with it. There is no doubt that Andre Johnson is their star player and a top 2 or 3 receiver in the game, but they can survive for a few games if he winds up out. Slaton is getting his shit together and will hopefully start running the ball better, and Daniels, Walters, Jones, etc. can carry the load. Matt Shaub is also playing stellar. However, if Johnson winds up being out long-term, that could be a bit too much for them to recover from.

The Titans have played terrible this year. Yes, they've been beat by some good teams, but they've been absolutely destroyed in their last 3 games. I picked them to win this week against Jacksonville at home, but aside from that, the only other games I see them winning are at home against Buffalo (maybe) and St. Louis. I also do not believe that Vince Young should be playing quarterback in the NFL. They should move him to WR and hope for the best.

As for the Texans, I have been on their bandwagon for a few years now. I picked them as a WC team this preseason and I'm sticking with it. There is no doubt that Andre Johnson is their star player and a top 2 or 3 receiver in the game, but they can survive for a few games if he winds up out. Slaton is getting his shit together and will hopefully start running the ball better, and Daniels, Walters, Jones, etc. can carry the load. Matt Shaub is also playing stellar. However, if Johnson winds up being out long-term, that could be a bit too much for them to recover from.

While not a good QB technically, I hope Young can make it harder for defenses because of his running ability. Limit him to dump off passees to uber-dangerous Chris Johnson and dink-and-dunk crap and cut him loose to run and he could be effective.

I think thats the recipe for his success, however unlikely it may be.

While not a good QB technically, I hope Young can make it harder for defenses because of his running ability. Limit him to dump off passees to uber-dangerous Chris Johnson and dink-and-dunk crap and cut him loose to run and he could be effective.

I think thats the recipe for his success, however unlikely it may be.

chuck cecil is no jim schwartz and looks at times out of his league (donnie). haynesworth is gone, harper, bulluck and vandenbosch are playing much older, finnegan is hurt, and michael griffin is "working on blocking out off the field issues."

in short, the defense is terrible. a strong, physical defense is key for fisherball. the owner has forced fisher to start young. i hope it works but cannot see it resulting in anything more than 5 wins. i suppose they could possibly beat a jax team that lost 41-0 to the seahawks, but i do not plan on taking this bag off anytime soon.

chuck cecil is no jim schwartz and looks at times out of his league (donnie). haynesworth is gone, harper, bulluck and vandenbosch are playing much older, finnegan is hurt, and michael griffin is "working on blocking out off the field issues."

in short, the defense is terrible. a strong, physical defense is key for fisherball. the owner has forced fisher to start young. i hope it works but cannot see it resulting in anything more than 5 wins. i suppose they could possibly beat a jax team that lost 41-0 to the seahawks, but i do not plan on taking this bag off anytime soon.

haha. I read their D was not good this season, and I haven't seen them play yet, but I couldn't believe it! They've always been so GD tough. The reasons you enumerate could explain it. I guess we'll see.

Hey, Ted Ginn! Nice of you to make an appearance.

Did you hear Simmons' joke about him this week? "Ted Ginn Jr's career gives us a chance to imagine what it would be like if someone tried to play wide receiver without arms."

--Mike

Christ, what a bed-shitting by the Giants. When's Plex eligible for parole?