I don't know why, but I have feeling the Lions are gonna surprise people this year. Maybe they won't win a game again, maybe they will win it all. I dunno, just a feeling they will be talked about this year.

I think they'll go something like 4-12, which is a good improvement from 0-16. Then again, anything else is generally an improvement from 0-16.

• Replies 807
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jesus. I did not think I could hate the Eagles any more than I already did, but they have now pulled even with Dallas in the contempt department. I hope to God the Giants decide to hold "Humane Society night" when Philly visits.

So Sage Rosenfels starts for the Vikings tonight, playing against (I assume) the Colts' 1st team defense and puts up a rating of 95.4. Then Tarvaris Jackson comes in, maybe playing against 1st or 2nd team defense and puts up a rating of 53.5.

Rosenfels should certainly have the nod for the starting position right now.

edit: Jackson was playing mostly w/ 2nd team offense and will probably start the next game w/ the 1st team. Will reserve judgment for now.

Rumor is that the McNabb is not too enthused with this.

I doubt it. He said that he's been friends with Vick since Vick was in high school and he was pushing for the Eagles to give Vick a chance.

This does kinda signify the end of the McNabb era in Philly. I was hoping a few years back he would be with the Bears, but alas that prolly won't happen.

Uh...not really. Vick was not a great passer when he left the league and has been in prison for a long while.

I doubt it. He said that he's been friends with Vick since Vick was in high school and he was pushing for the Eagles to give Vick a chance.

i am not convinced that mcnabb was happy about acquiring vick or had any role in "pushing" the eagles.

Guest Runaway Jim

I've really grown to hate Brett Favre. I mean, I hated him as a kid because I'm a Bears fan but wound up respecting him for his play. Now I'm just sick of this shit.

I hope he has a terrible year. Fuck Favre. Fuck the ViQueens.

Guest Speed Racer

Michael Jordan set a poor precedent for fake-out retirements in pro sports. Favre will likely blow (relative) chunks, and lord knows the Vikings will blow chunks. I see absolutely know reason they shouldn't blow chunks together. And depending on how awful he is, heaven knows there's a spot for him with the Gophers.

Guest Speed Racer

I turned on espn.

brettfavrebrettfavrebrettfavrebrettfavre

Try living/working/following local news in Minnesota! My co-workers don't know footballs from colons, but my friends are sending up S.O.S.'s from their places of work. I'm happy for the local Vikings news teams though, who finally have something to report on for once.

A come back is one thing, but to come back to the Vikings is the worst thing he could have possibly done. Does he have any respect or loyalty to the team that pretty much was his whole career? I thought last year was kinda off but I gave Favre a pass and didnt think too much of it, but this is just bad. Favre is an idiot. You just do things like this.

Guest Speed Racer

A come back is one thing, but to come back to the Vikings is the worst thing he could have possibly done. Does he have any respect or loyalty to the team that pretty much was his whole career?

jordan_wizards.jpg

A come back is one thing, but to come back to the Vikings is the worst thing he could have possibly done. Does he have any respect or loyalty to the team that pretty much was his whole career? I thought last year was kinda off but I gave Favre a pass and didnt think too much of it, but this is just bad. Favre is an idiot. You just do things like this.

Give the guy a break. He just wants to play football. Let the man play football.

And the drama, he loves the drama.

Loyalty, preserving his legacy, blah blah blah. Doesn't mean anything in sports any more. Perfect post, Speed Racer. Jordan played for the Wizards, but when we think of him, don't we really focus on his Bulls days?

I'm both a Packer fanboy and a Favre fanboy. The season will be played and life will move on. Favre's legacy won't be tarnished. The biggest risk here is really for the Vikings.

I also look at it this way ... if Jim McMahon can put on a Packer helmet, Favre can put on a Viking helmet even if it makes me throw up in my mouth a little.

and hates training camp.

Actually, I don't think Favre has really ever missed training camp for noninjury reasons. This seemed to be more about guaranteed money in the contract as opposed to an incentive-laden one that was initially offered.