• Replies 807
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Runaway Jim

I'm really bummed that Ronnie Brown is out for the year. Not just because he is on my fantasy team. Luckily I picked up Ricky Williams before the season and the two of them have carried my team (to an average record). But I really like watching him play and was hoping he could carry the Dolphins to a wildcard berth. Without him, I don't know. I love Ricky Williams - probably my favorite current NFL player - but I think without Brown, they are doomed. The Panthers will run them down tonight.

I'm really bummed that Ronnie Brown is out for the year. Not just because he is on my fantasy team. Luckily I picked up Ricky Williams before the season and the two of them have carried my team (to an average record). But I really like watching him play and was hoping he could carry the Dolphins to a wildcard berth. Without him, I don't know. I love Ricky Williams - probably my favorite current NFL player - but I think without Brown, they are doomed. The Panthers will run them down tonight.

I picked up Ricky early yesterday before Ronnie officially went on IR.

The Dolphins have been one, if not the funnest team to watch since last season. You gotta love a guy like Ronnie Brown.

I picked up Ricky early yesterday before Ronnie officially went on IR.

And how in the name of the Dude did Ricky end up on waivers for you? Like, I don't think anyone would drop him. Unless you're in like a 5-team league. But 10-team+, if someone is not owning Ricky something is not right.

Either way, I was surprised to learn in a sidebar that John Mayer is one of America's Most Wanted.

Must be all the bad pop songs.

Unless you're in like a 5-team league. But 10-team+, if someone is not owning Ricky something is not right.

We are only six strong this season in an office league. And we're all a little prone to ADD, in that we've been picking up and floating players all season long.

He's pretty crappy now anyways. He might be an improvement on Sage, but I don't think he realizes he's not good anymore, and is going to keep trying to be good despite all evidence to the contrary.

I know it's still early and all, but Brett's 17 TDs vs. 3 interceptions are probably a little bit better than "pretty crappy".

We are only six strong this season in an office league. And we're all a little prone to ADD, in that we've been picking up and floating players all season long.

Ah, ok. You're going to have a lot more open players in a 6-team league. I'm in a 10-team and I would be appalled at the rest of the league (and myself) if Ricky Williams even went onto the waiver wire.

I know it's still early and all, but Brett's 17 TDs vs. 3 interceptions are probably a little bit better than "pretty crappy".

All-Day's omnipresence in the Vikings' offense has really lightened the Favre's load. Favre will be fine for the rest of the season. The Pack never really had a back as talented as AP to take the heat off of Favre gunslinging it downfield, which probably has something to do with his excessive picks count.

Can we now stop referring to Mike Tomlin as a genius?

He won his superbowl piggybacking on Cowher's last team.

Can we now stop referring to Mike Tomlin as a genius?

He won his superbowl piggybacking on Cowher's last team.

Ummm... no. The Steelers are still one of the premier teams in the league, despite today's horrible performance. The Vikings defense is still showing the good effects of his coaching. He is now and will be for years to come one of the great NFL coaches. And one hell of a doctor, too.

mike-tomlin-omar-epps(AaronJosefczyk-IconSMI-KevinWinter-GI).jpg

Tomlin's a great coach, in fact I might even go as far to say that in my entire history of being a sports fan, I have never felt more comfortable with a coach of my favorite team than I do with Tomlin (the John Beilein-era West Virginia University basketball team may be the one exception). So far his teams haven't had the tendency to self-destruct like Cowher's did. Cowher was a great coach, but quarterbacks certainly had a tendency to implode under his watch: O'Donnell in Super Bowl XXX, Kordell Stewart, Tommy Maddox, Big Ben in 2006 after the motorcycle accident. Dick LeBeau deserves a quite a bit of credit for their continued success, but Tomlin was a great hire for the Steelers. I know they didn't play well yesterday, and they (along with the Bengals) killed me in my picks league, but after winning last year's Super Bowl the way they did, they're playing with house money this year. That being said they better beat the Ravens next week.

--Mike