as a lifelong Packer fan and Favre fan (when he was a Packer) i was tired of the overloading of Favre when he was a Packer.

Over-rated? yeah maybe due to the over-hype from media. he has won one Super Bowl yet he has a ton of personal records. People in media, John Madden, John Gruden, speak of Favre in a poetic, over-the-top, man crush way. it is sort of ridiculous. yeah he is great, a HOF, but not God.

I love the way he plays, that's it. Off the field, i don't get involved in all the craziness.

Peyton Manning should break a lot of his records.

• Replies 807
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sweet! Going to the Bears/Packers game Sunday. For free!

How was it? How were the seats?

After today I'm thinking Drew Brees MVP and I can't believe I'm saying this about a Norv Turner coached team but San Diego wins the Superbowl.

I think San Diego wins out and fails spectacularly, as usual. At least, I hope; I dislike their key players.

i dont see San Diego winning it all. they are one of the hottest teams right now along with colts, saints, Vikings, packers. Great offense. lots of options. is the defense that dominating?

Brees is top notch. but how is he having a better year than Peyton? Manning had 4 straight 4th quarter comebacks in a row? it is a toss up.

Guest Runaway Jim

Shouldn't Chris Johnson be the runaway winner of mvp, player of the year, coach of the year, heisman and every other trophy that exists??

I think it could be one of those cases where he doesn't win MVP but does win Offensive POY. Mainly because his team isn't a winning team. He may very well be only the 6th to player eclipse the 2000 yard mark. If he keeps playing the way he has, he is projected to do so. Which also means, that if he plays exceptionally well, he has a legitimate chance to eclipse Dickerson's record of 2105 yards. He is also third in scoring so far (non-kickers) behind Jones-Drew and Petersen, and leading the league in total yards by more than 300. But if the Titans don't make the playoffs, which is possible at this point but probably only if they win out, then I don't think Johnson will have a real chance at winning MVP. Add in the fact that the Colts and Saints both have very good chances of going undefeated, I don't see how the MVP won't go to Manning or Brees. Or both.

But I've never really bought into the whole MVP award stuff. It's a great honor, don't get me wrong, but the debate of whether the MVP has to be on a winning team has always bored me. Chris Johnson, to date, is having the best statistical year of any player in the league. But his numbers don't overshadow the numbers of Manning and Brees by that much. They are clearly both also having ridiculous years. So in the end, he may not win the award, but Chris Johnson has certainly put himself in the talks for the best player in the NFL.

ChrisHenry_SYR.jpg

He was always a knucklehead, but he was our knucklehead. RIP.

--Mike

Falling out of a truck while his fiance was trying to leave? I wonder if there might be more to this sad, sad story.

I think San Diego wins out and fails spectacularly, as usual. At least, I hope; I dislike their key players.

??? fails spectacularly, as usual ???

I'll grant you that when we lost to the Pats 3 years ago back during the days of Martyball, but I'm not sure that holds up recently

2008- Upset the Colts and lost to eventual Superbowl Champ Pittsuburgh 35-24

2007- Beat the Titans in round 1, Upset the Colts with Billy Volek leading the 4th quarter comeback(Rivers and LT knocked out of game, and Gates too if I remember right). Lost to the still undefeated Pats 21-12 in New England. Rivers was playing with a torn MCL (I think he had surgery that week)

Sure we haven't won the Super Bowl, but those have been some pretty decent playoff runs. I really think this is the year for the Chargers. Their Defense has been palying well and making the key stops when the need to, something the Chargers never seemed to do recently.

As a Charger fan in Indiana I'm really looking forwad to a Colts-Chargers AFC Championship

Chargers over Saints in Superbowl shootout

Guest Runaway Jim

At this point, I agree that it will be either the Chargers or Colts in the SB from the AFC.

But I don't buy the Saints being the NFC representative. Vikings or Eagles. Maybe even the Packers.

I'll say Vikings over Chargers.

Note: I'm terrible at this stuff. A few weeks back I said the Steelers were hands down the team to beat in the NFL. They've since lost like 6 straight. Oops. I am winning my confidence pool this year though. I'm dominating.

Edited by Runaway Jim

But I don't buy the Saints being the NFC representative. Vikings or Eagles. Maybe even the Packers.

I could see that on the NFC side. I guess I just like the idea of a Brees v Rivers match up more than anything.

R.I.P. to Chris Henry. Always a tragedy to see an NFL player go, especially one on the road to redemption like Henry was.

I can see NO "brees" (haha!) into the NFC championship game, but they could very well lose it to whomever they play there. AFC, I don't really see too many problems for the Colts in the projected playoff bracket.

I posted that I hoped SD would fail as usual.. I didn't really look it up or anything and I don't follow the afc so closely. I just know they've been hyped for seemingly 5-6 years now and haven't made a SB. I was wrong there.

Rank your superbowl contenders by conference!!

afc:

Indy

SD

Balt

nfc:

NO

Philly

Minny

AZ

GB

I really like Philly right now. They scare the sh!t out of me as a Vikes fan.

AFC:

Colts

Patriots

Bengals

SD

NFC:

Saints

Vikings

Eagles

I have them about in ranked order of what I think the outcome would be, with top most likely. Pats are always dangerous. I don't like 'em but I wouldn't count them out. I don't see the Ravens as contenders; their lack of offseason moves has now exposed the team, and people are making them pay. Through the secondary for opposing offenses (holes at CB especially) and lack of a dominant receiving corps against opposing defenses (which means their passing game is passing to Ray Rice). I really don't think they will get a Wild Card spot. It'll probably be the Broncos and then whoever makes it to second place in the AFC South or East. So either Jags/Titans/Texans or Jets/Dolphins.

Guest Runaway Jim

Rank your superbowl contenders by conference!!

AFC:

Chargers/Colts

Patriots

NFC:

Vikings

Eagles/Packers

Saints

I can't really decide between the Colts and Chargers. I was very impressed with the Colts win this week, and clearly they seem like the better team, but I like the Chargers to do things too. The Patriots are the only other AFC team I think has a chance.

I think the Vikings are the favorite in the NFC. I know the Saints are undefeated as of now, but I just feel like they've been charmed all year. I seem them faltering soon, and for their sake, I hope it's before the regular season ends. But I can see them be the 1 seed in the NFC and losing their first game, at home. I also think both the Eagles and Packers have a chance to really make a run. Especially the Packers, who have look really impressive as of late (despite a loss to the Bucs).

For now, I'm sticking with Vikings/Chargers. Not sure who I think will come out on top. I'll go with the Vikings.

I think the Vikings are the favorite in the NFC. I know the Saints are undefeated as of now, but I just feel like they've been charmed all year.

The Vikings aren't charmed?

They've got quality wins over Green Bay twice and Cincy. That's nice.

They've beat Cleveland, Detroit (twice), SF (at home on a complete fluke), Baltimore (on a missed field goal), Seattle, Chicago and St. Louis.

They've played nobody, pretty much. I mean, the wins over GB are nice, but that team is going to be cursed everytime they play Favre. The Cincy win is nice, and the Baltimore and SF wins are over decent/good-ish teams that had every chance to beat them.

They then lost to three flawed teams. Yeah all were on the road, but that team seems like a lot of smoke and mirrors to me.

I'm rooting hard for them to lose their first game. I hope Favre cements a legacy as a guy who doesn't know his own limitations (even if the media will never accept this image.) and causes them to lose with a 3 pick game.