The Cowboys were using time outs in the drive prior to this touchdown. They thought they were still in it. A blocked field goal returned for a touchdown and an onside kick recovered suddenly changes things. Vikings fans have seen major disasters like this play out before our eyes.

Sir Stewart hit the nail on the head.

At least I didn't call them the Vi-queens :ninja

• Replies 807
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Runaway Jim

For me, it's not so much that running up the score is a myth in professional sports, but rather that I just don't have a problem with it. Especially not in football. A players mindset going into a game should be "I'm going to destroy you", and it should last all 60 minutes. With a late lead, precautions should be taken with respect to injuries, sure, but if you can score, than score.

I'm fully behind the "If the Cowboys didn't want them to score, they should've stopped them" agrument.

That being said, I can understand the bitter taste the Cowboys players and fans may have. You'll get over it.

That being said, I can understand the bitter taste the Cowboys players and fans may have. You'll get over it.

Oh no they won't. Cowboy fans have Yankees-level expectations for their team.

uncool2pillow opens up the early lead with a perfect first round. Can you run the table? That would be magical.

Indy over Baltimore

San Diego over NYJ

Minnesota over Dallas

Arizona over New Orleans

IND over BAL

SD over NYJ

DAL over MIN

ARI over NO

I might change both my NFC picks later this weekend though. Those are tough, tough games.

I am in fact changing my NFC picks. I'm taking all four home teams this week. Because I think they're the better teams.

I can't and won't predict the MIN/DAL game. Too much at stake for me. Too biased to think rationally.

IND over BAL

SD over NYJ

NO over AZ

DAL over MIN

SD over NYJ

BAL over IND

NO over AZ

BAL over IND

NYJ over SD

ARI over NO

DAL over MIN

If I am wrong, I will submit my pinky toe to the board.

MIN over DAL

SD over NYJ

BAL over IND

AZ over NO

looks like a couple 3-1s, no perfection this week.

Conference Championships:

Indy over NYJ

Minnesota over NO

I see the Saints and the Colts both winning rather comfortably. They've been the best two teams all year (despite the late season slides), and I don't see anything changing.

Defense wins championships! J!E!T!S! jets! jets! jets! :rock

The seed of Buddy has risen!

Defense wins championships! J!E!T!S! jets! jets! jets! :rock

The seed of Buddy has risen!

The Colts won a Super Bowl against a stellar Chicago defense a couple of years ago.

The Colts won a Super Bowl against a stellar Chicago defense a couple of years ago.

Comparing this Jets D with the Bears D of '06 is pretty fair, but still in the Jets favor.

RK TEAM YDS YDS/G PASS P YDS/G RUSH R YDS/G PTS PTS/G

5 Chicago 4706 294.1 3116 194.8 1590 99.4 255 15.9

1 NY Jets 4037 252.3 2459 153.7 1578 98.6 236 14.8

If you really want to make a comparison of the quality of those two teams, you must figure the D as well as the rushing game. Which IMO if you have both the #1 D and the # 1 rushing team it enhances both. We have Jones who was the Bears Back in 2006 but we also have rookie Shonn Greene who is fresh coming into the playoffs, hangs on to the ball and is explosive.

RK TEAM ATT YDS YDS/A LONG TD YDS/G FUM FUML

15 Chicago 503 1918 3.8 30 14 119.9 5 4

1 NY Jets 607 2756 4.5 71 21 172.3 9 4

Look... i know it will be a challenge for the Jets who are young, on the road and playing a very good team with a future HOF QB. But running the ball and playing stout defense have historically proved successful in the NFL. Even with the pass happy rule adjustments made by the league.

Guest Runaway Jim

The Jets can win the game with their running game, as you suggest. If they're able to control a significant chunk of the clock each half, they'll keep Manning on the sidelines, which is how you beat the Colts. But even then, Manning is a special enough player to guide his team to a victory while barely on the field. Give him the ball 4 times and he might put up 28.

The Colts can win the game by getting a lead early, forcing the Jets to abandon a run-heavy game plan and rely on Sanchez.

I am starting to really like the Jets chances in this one, but still think the Colts win it. I really don't care who wins, so I'm really excited to watch this game unfold and just have fun.

The Jets can win the game with their running game, as you suggest. If they're able to control a significant chunk of the clock each half, they'll keep Manning on the sidelines, which is how you beat the Colts. But even then, Manning is a special enough player to guide his team to a victory while barely on the field. Give him the ball 4 times and he might put up 28.

The Colts can win the game by getting a lead early, forcing the Jets to abandon a run-heavy game plan and rely on Sanchez.

I am starting to really like the Jets chances in this one, but still think the Colts win it. I really don't care who wins, so I'm really excited to watch this game unfold and just have fun.

The key for the Jets is to shorten the game, the field and to stay injury and turnover free... Not looking for much hu? :mellow

BTW bad luck in Jets practice today. Rhodes banged up his knee. Swollen and heavily rapped. It's that f@#ken' SI Jinx i tell ya! Sanchez is the cover boy this week! :ohwell

I can see the vegas line jumping a field goal! :shifty

The key for the Jets is to shorten the game, the field and to stay injury and turnover free... Not looking for much hu? :mellow

BTW bad luck in Jets practice today. Rhodes banged up his knee. Swollen and heavily rapped. It's that f@#ken' SI Jinx i tell ya! Sanchez is the cover boy this week! :ohwell

I can see the vegas line jumping a field goal! :shifty

fwiw I think they're doing regional covers of SI; I heard someone say the Vikes were on the cover.

I was kinda hoping to see the Vikings and the Chargers in the Super Bowl and watch Merriman and the Williams avoid question about steroid use on Press Day.

Althought the Vikings and Saints is a bit of the Steroid Bowl