• Replies 807
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which makes them all the more unlikeable.

Oh yeah...Cowboys fans are more obnoxious than the stinking Jets/Giants/Eagles/Bears fans...suuuuure they are.

On a more serious vein, CBS is scared to death. The Jets hae very limited appeal nationwide. The big draw would be the Vikings vs. the Colts (or rather Favre vs. Manning)

Does it really matter who plays in the Super Bowl? Everyone I know watches it and I know a lot of people who watch no other football. Commercials, halftime, etc, etc.

that is definitely true, but I don't know if I can handle it if the Jets get to the Super Bowl...there's a few New Yorkers that I work with here in South Florida that will be unbearable if they do. ;)

I am so happy for the city of New Orleans. Lord knows the people there need something to get psyched about.

Damn, that was an INSANE football game.

Now that's the Brett Favre I remember. I may have to reconsider my stance on karma.

Just like his last play for the Packers v. the Giants. I can't say I regret him coming on board, but right now I'm just freakin' numb. :barf

edit: I needed to dump the Viking avatar, I googled uncool2pillow and this was the first image that came up.

that is definitely true, but I don't know if I can handle it if the Jets get to the Super Bowl...there's a few New Yorkers that I work with here in South Florida that will be unbearable if they do. ;)

Luckily that isn't a problem this year

I can't explain how happy I am that the Jets didn't make the Super Bowl.

Any other year against any other team, I think the Jets might win. But against Peyton Manning...at home? Manning may be the best quarterback to ever play the position.

Any other year against any other team, I think the Jets might win. But against Peyton Manning...at home? Manning may be the best quarterback to ever play the position.

I only really saw Marino's twilight, so I can safely say Peyton has reached the point where he is the best QB I've ever seen play the position.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/images/01/25/FavreINT.mp3

Great reaction by the Vikes PBP crew.

That game was a microcosm of who Brett Favre is. If it's not for Favre, they aren't in the situation where he had the opportunity to lose the game for them. He puts you in a situation to win, but he tries to do too much and sometimes (the last three seasons) he throws a season ending interception.

as a lifelong Packer fan and one who has seen many of Favre's interceptions,i feel close to the vikings fans right now. they can feel our pain. sorry guys, Favre is great but damn, another bad way to end an opportunity to go the Super Bowl.

I appreciate that. So many Packers fans are (understandably) gloating. It was so reminiscent of Favre's last Packer game. I always had mixed feelings about his becoming a Viking, and I still do. As much as I dislike the way the whole thing happened this preseason, but watching his postgame conference. The main played a gutsy, gutsy game. I just wanted to hug the poor guy.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/images/01/25/FavreINT.mp3

Great reaction by the Vikes PBP crew.

That game was a microcosm of who Brett Favre is. If it's not for Favre, they aren't in the situation where he had the opportunity to lose the game for them. He puts you in a situation to win, but he tries to do too much and sometimes (the last three seasons) he throws a season ending interception.

I was waiting for the dude at the end to say something about Bill Plaschke.

I think Joe Montana was the best at the position during his and Marino's era. Marino only won one SB -- and Montana kept the 49ers on top for so long. He regularly killed the Bears so trust me I know from whence I speak.

Marino did not get a ring.

I was clearly in the bar at the time of their SB "victory" :P They were IN one though, correct?

And BB, I don't think you should either. I am talking about all the many times that Montana played clutch when it didn't matter, as well as when it did.