This means nothing. My brother (a football coach) swore off fantasy football years ago due to its effect on how he watched the games. I'm starting to agree with him.

I dont play fantasy football for this reason.

You've got to learn not to watch games for fantasy purposes. You set your lineup(s), pay attention to things during the middle of the week and gauge performances after the games are over. But on Sunday, I strictly watch the games...however my players do is beyond my control, so I don't worry about it.

And I only play fantasy baseball if it involves the AL. Since that's not real baseball anyway.

Boooooooooo! :realmad ;)

• Replies 807
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You've got to learn not to watch games for fantasy purposes. You set your lineup(s), pay attention to things during the middle of the week and gauge performances after the games are over. But on Sunday, I strictly watch the games...however my players do is beyond my control, so I don't worry about it.

Oh yeah, I know. I just can't do it, though.

Boooooooooo! :realmad ;)

:lol

This means nothing. My brother (a football coach) swore off fantasy football years ago due to its effect on how he watched the games. I'm starting to agree with him.

it meant $1200 to me! you are correct however in that the bears defense ranked 16th in points and 21st in yards last year. i guess they scored a lot of touchdowns on defense or something.

from wikipedia

Originally estimated to cost $650 million, the stadium's currentconstruction cost was $1.15 billion, making it one of the mostexpensive sports venues ever built.[8]To aid Cowboys owner and general manager Jerry Jones in paying theconstruction costs of the new stadium, Arlington voters approved theincrease of the city's sales tax by one-half of a percent, the hoteloccupancy tax by 2 percent, and car rental tax by 5 percent. The Cityof Arlington provided $325 million in funding, and Jones covered anycost overruns. Also, the NFL provided the Cowboys with an additional$150 million, as per their policy for giving teams a certain lump sumof money for stadium financing.[9]

Tedy Bruschi's announcing his retirement tomorrow.

One of my all time favorite Patriots. Class act.

tedy-bruschi--snow-game-12703-%C2%A9photofile.jpg

The press conference just ended - Tedy, didn't you get the memo that retirement speeches are supposed to squirm-inducing, rambling sobfests?

Josh McDaniels looks like a kid dressing up as Bill Belichek for Halloween.

I understand he likes wearing sweatshirts, but why must he look like mini-B?

None of this matters, of course, but he's surely under a microscope in Denver after the Jay Cutler debacle. Orton DID NOT look close to the level of Jay Cutler last night.

Well, of course Kyle Orton isn't close to Jay Cutler's level. There's a reason he was traded with a bunch of draft picks.

Uh....yeah, I know.

It seemed like a HUGE mistake by McDaniels then, and after last night, it seems 10 times HUGER (is that a word?)

Looking like a little kid in a Bill Belichek uniform surely can't help the perception that he's in over his head. Denver got tired of Shanahan's controlling ways, but might it be better to have Shanahan and Cutler (and a happy Brandon Marshall), than an inexperienced coach, a mediocre-at-best QB and a pissed off all-pro reviever?

(As a Chiefs fan, I'm loving all of it. Kansas City will probably suck this year. But Denver may suck worse.)

Uh....yeah, I know.

It seemed like a HUGE mistake by McDaniels then, and after last night, it seems 10 times HUGER (is that a word?)

Looking like a little kid in a Bill Belichek uniform surely can't help the perception that he's in over his head. Denver got tired of Shanahan's controlling ways, but might it be better to have Shanahan and Cutler (and a happy Brandon Marshall), than an inexperienced coach, a mediocre-at-best QB and a pissed off all-pro reviever?

(As a Chiefs fan, I'm loving all of it. Kansas City will probably suck this year. But Denver may suck worse.)

I didn't think Orton was bad last night. He completed 75% of his passes. And you have to remember that since the last Super Bowl, Shanahan had only led the Broncos to the playoffs 4 times in 10 years with just one playoff win.

The verdict is still out on McDaniels since he hasn't even coached a regular season game yet, regardless of what he wears on the sideline. That's a pretty weak division, so anything can happen (especially if San Diego underachieves yet again).

I didn't think Orton was bad last night. He completed 75% of his passes. And you have to remember that since the last Super Bowl, Shanahan had only led the Broncos to the playoffs 4 times in 10 years with just one playoff win.

The verdict is still out on McDaniels since he hasn't even coached a regular season game yet, regardless of what he wears on the sideline. That's a pretty weak division, so anything can happen (especially if San Diego underachieves yet again).

I think Denver made the right move to get rid of Shanahan. BUT....hind-sight 20/20, I'd think most Denver fans would rather have Shanahan/Cutler/Marshall. McDaniels has a lot of work to do.

Orton just looks like most NFL QB's. Cutler has the look of a franchise QB. Time will tell.

San Diego WILL under-achieve, but will almost surely win the West. I'd be shocked if Denver, KC or Oakland got to 9 wins.

5a4cc7c31b_joshbill_03182009.jpg

can I cut my sleeves off dad?

340x.jpg

Bill-BelichickII.jpg

...besides that though I think McDaniels is doing a good job as a coach in Denver. The Cutler trade may seem a little strange now, but I honestly think that within the next few years his system will pay dividends for Denver.

His future could depend on how he handles this Marshall situation, I personally think he should let him ride the bench this year to send a message that he's not a push-over.

If McDaniels is given enough time to show what he can do for the team, he'll be the best post-New England head coach yet (suck it Mangini).

His future could depend on how he handles this Marshall situation, I personally think he should let him ride the bench this year to send a message that he's not a push-over.

Don't you think his future depends more on whether or not he gets a real quarterback?

His future could depend on how he handles this Marshall situation, I personally think he should let him ride the bench this year trade him to the Giants to send a message that he's not a push-over.