(As a Chiefs fan, I'm loving all of it. Kansas City will probably suck this year. But Denver may suck worse.)

While living in KC for a few years i always found when the city thought the team was going to dominate they usually sucked, and when they thought the team would suck they would surprise.

I think this is a year for surprises. I'm predicting a 10-6 season for the Chiefs.

• Replies 807
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As my maiden name is Cutler, it sure is weird to have all of these people screaming it now. If I went to a game, I'd be inclined to turn around and yell "WHAT DO YOU WANT??" every time.

Yup, that crackback block was bullshit. I only watched a few minutes of that game, but I saw that happen live, and had to wonder what Favre would be saying if someone had done that to him and messed up his consecutive-starts streak.

Yup, that crackback block was bullshit. I only watched a few minutes of that game, but I saw that happen live, and had to wonder what Favre would be saying if someone had done that to him and messed up his consecutive-starts streak.

The play was WAY over-blown by the announcers. Favre looked clueless as to how to actually block a guy. He was waist level, and to avoid getting hit on his throwing shoulder, he kind of twisted and dropped to make it appear worse than it actually was. Favre didn't look like he was purposely cheap-shotting the guy.

The bigger question is why the hell did the Vikings call a play to have their Hall of Fame, $12 million quarterback BLOCK....in a freakin' pre-season game?! Dumb!

It was the worst kind of cheap shot -- one thrown by a guy who didn't have the stones to throw a real block so he pussed out and went low. He knew what he was doing.

Yeah, it was a bad block. That's why the flag was thrown. But, give me a break, Favre has never been a dirty player throughout his whole career.

It was the worst kind of cheap shot -- one thrown by a guy who didn't have the stones to throw a real block so he pussed out and went low. He knew what he was doing.

You oviously hate Brett Favre and/or hate his prima donna-like perception and/or hate all the offseason back and forths he's had with his not retiring then retiring then not retiring again. That's all fair.

But Favre's not a cheap-shot kind of player. He found himself in a bad spot, and did what he thought would help protect himself. It was more of "oh, shit, I'm gonna get pummeled so I better twist my body to take the hit as safely as possible" than "I'm goonn hit that guy in his knees".

Wouldn't be surprised if the NFL drops a little fine on him to send a message.

The story isn't the block. The story is why the f*ck would Minnesota's coach line up Favre to block in a pre-season game? It's begging the Texans' defenders to rough Favre up. INCREDIBLY STUPID!!

The play was WAY over-blown by the announcers. Favre looked clueless as to how to actually block a guy. He was waist level, and to avoid getting hit on his throwing shoulder, he kind of twisted and dropped to make it appear worse than it actually was. Favre didn't look like he was purposely cheap-shotting the guy.

The bigger question is why the hell did the Vikings call a play to have their Hall of Fame, $12 million quarterback BLOCK....in a freakin' pre-season game?! Dumb!

QFT!!

Why do you say this with such certainty. How often in his career has he been called upon to block from the WR position? Watch his body language, it's almost like he was trying to figure out what to do.

It's like everyone's just looking for a reason to make more of a spectacle of Favre's every action. I guarantee this was not the first chop block of the pre-season, but did we hear about any of the others?

You oviously hate Brett Favre and/or hate his prima donna-like perception...

HE HATES THESE CANS!!!

SteveHatesCans.jpg

I'm not sure what is more surprising, in the last 5 minutes I found out this story (with Tila Tequila? wtf?)

Also, http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4450767

Richard Seymour to the Raiders for their 2011 1st round pick. I wonder why the pats could not get this years first rounder?