• Replies 807
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CUTLER!!! So happy I'm not a Bears fans!

Cutler was crappy, but a fair amount of the blame can be given to the offensive line, which sucked, and those coddamn receivers, who can't run a decent route to save their lives. I'd give blame for two of Cutler's interceptions to the receivers, and maybe a third (but probably not -- Jay's got to learn when NOT to throw the ball downfield).

A shameful loss, but for the Packers, a pretty shameful win. I mean, they needed a last-minute score to beat a team that was playing that badly? Neither team looks Super Bowl-bound to me.

Cutler was crappy, but a fair amount of the blame can be given to the offensive line, which sucked, and those coddamn receivers, who can't run a decent route to save their lives. I'd give blame for two of Cutler's interceptions to the receivers, and maybe a third (but probably not -- Jay's got to learn when NOT to throw the ball downfield).

A shameful loss, but for the Packers, a pretty shameful win. I mean, they needed a last-minute score to beat a team that was playing that badly? Neither team looks Super Bowl-bound to me.

what about the fake punt. wtf?

Yeah, no idea what happened there. If you're going to try to catch the other team with twelve men on the field, you damn sure better do it. Seems like it would make more sense to snap it to the punter and punt the ball, then hope for a flag -- especially when it's 4th and 11.

I would expect that there should be fines for the late hit on McNabb in the endzone.

Yeah, no idea what happened there. If you're going to try to catch the other team with twelve men on the field, you damn sure better do it. Seems like it would make more sense to snap it to the punter and punt the ball, then hope for a flag -- especially when it's 4th and 11.

agreed. a quick snap does not have to be a fake. it looked to me like the center called a run play at the line, which is even more strange.

Urlacher probably out for the season following a wrist injury? WTF?

Admittedly, I know nothing about this injury aside from what's being reported, but how does a WRIST injury keep a linebacker out for the whole season? I know, he has to be able to grab guys and tackle them ... but I can't help but feel like he's wussing out here. (Easy for me to say, sitting on my couch and never having played a single down of organized football.)

As a fan, I'd much rather team get the breaks than to actually be good.

The Packers didn't really deserve to win. They intercepted 4 passes, but most of them I can't really give the Packers credit for. The 4th down snap to the running back was a HUGE break for the Packers. Saying all this, the Bears didn't deserve to win either with all their stupid decisions. Why were they passing so much?

How about the Broncos? Winning on a desparation heave that's tipped from on receiver to another. Wow!

The crappy Chiefs were tied with a great Baltimore team 24-24....ON THE ROAD...with just 3 minutes left.

Admittedly, I know nothing about this injury aside from what's being reported, but how does a WRIST injury keep a linebacker out for the whole season? I know, he has to be able to grab guys and tackle them ... but I can't help but feel like he's wussing out here. (Easy for me to say, sitting on my couch and never having played a single down of organized football.)

Wow! Big blow to Chicago. I just read that on Yahoo.

Last night's game was a nightmare to watch for both teams.

So, how many Bears fans who rushed out and bought Jay Cutler jerseys are now sewing a "B" over the "C" to turn them in to Kevin Butler jerseys?

Probably a little early for that, but I'm enjoying the fact that Butler and Cutler wore the same number. :lol

Guest Runaway Jim

So, how many Bears fans who rushed out and bought Jay Cutler jerseys are now sewing a "B" over the "C" to turn them in to Kevin Butler jerseys?

Probably a little early for that, but I'm enjoying the fact that Butler and Cutler wore the same number. :lol

That's pretty funny, but it's way too early for that...

That game was pretty painful to watch. But I'm not really down on Cutler. Yes, he had a terrible game. But he's certainly not the first visiting QB to have a bad game at Lambeau Field.

Really, the Bears offense had a terrible game. Specifically the O line, as you pointed out earlier. If they're not going to block anyone, we aren't going to win more than a couple games. It starts there, and it needs to be addressed ASAP. Collinsworth pointed out a couple times in the second half how much better they were doing (still not great) and how much it helped Cutler. An unflustered Cutler is money. I believe we saw him at his worst, and it will be up hill from here. But he needs to show some composure for fuck's sake. Take a sack. Throw the ball away. Dump it to Forte. Do something other than just heave it wherever. And then there's the issue with route running. Receivers need to run their routes. It's proven that the great receivers in the history of the game are great route runners (see Jerry Rice). And there's also the fucking drops. It's so deflating to me as a fan (imagine how it is to a player) when they drop balls. It's unforgiveable in my book.

There's a lot that needs to be done with the Bears, but I'm still hopeful. The loss of Urlacher is just terrible though.

As for the Packers, I thought they looked off, but not bad like the Bears. I see the Packers bouncing back and having a pretty great O this season. If they're D can keep playing well and causing turnovers, they're playoff bound or close.

"Severely dislocated wrist"

That is a very serious injury

I would like to blame one of Jay Cutler's interceptions on an awesome play by Johnny Jolly. Dude is huge and makes a one handed/diving catch. Otherwise I have to assume we just saw the worst of both offenses. Defenses should be good all the way through, Urlacher or not. That guy has been overrated his entire career.

Actually, let's get into that. At least let's hear why he's "overrated".

There's really no argument to be made. Regardless of whether or not you like the overrated/underrated argument and the vagueness that always surrounds it, Urlacher is a first-ballot hall of famer. Bottom line.

And yeah, I'm a Bears fan, so I guess I'm biased, but I don't really care for Urlacher as a person. Talk about a slime ball. Regardless, I'll defend his place on the linebacker list.

McKelvin's front lawn vandalized

HAMBURG, N.Y. -- Bills players are concerned with their privacy and safety after the front lawn of a home belonging to cornerback Leodis McKelvin was vandalized following Buffalo's season-opening loss to New England.

Hamburg police on Tuesday confirmed the home of a Bills player was vandalized, but declined to release details of their investigation after an obscenity and the score of Monday night's game -- a 25-24 loss to the Patriots -- were painted in white on the player's lawn in suburban Buffalo.

McKelvin fumbled a kickoff return with under two minutes to play and the Bills leading 24-19. Three plays later, New England's Tom Brady hit Benjamin Watson for the go-ahead touchdown as the Patriots overcome an 11-point deficit in the final 2:06.

Bills linebacker Kawika Mitchell referred to a teammate's home being vandalized in a post on his Twitter page, though he did not say it was McKelvin's home. Mitchell warned fans that such behavior is disturbing.

"W/ all the safety issues n the NFL its not funny at all," Mitchell wrote. "We have Fam at our homes to protect. If u show ur face on my prop Ill make sure I do everythin to keep my Fam safe."

Mitchell warned that he would consider vandalism threatening behavior if it happened to his home.

"Its my job to protect my home as it is the job of all home owners. Dont push the limit," Mitchell wrote.

Though Bills fans are passionate about their team, Monday's night's vandalism is surprising. Bills players previously have hailed the team's fans for being respectful and allowing players their privacy.

Bills spokesman Scott Berchtold declined comment by saying the team considers this a police matter.

Guest Runaway Jim

Urlacher is a first-ballot hall of famer. Bottom line.

I'll 2nd that.

Urlacher is the second most dominant Middle Linbacker of his era, behind only Ray Lewis, who might be one of the Top 5 greatest to ever play the game. People saying Urlacher is overrated just makes no sense to me.

Find a copy of the 2005 season Arizona game. The "They are who we thought they were" game. Watch that and tell me Brian Urlacher is overrated.

I like Urlacher as a player...but unless he has 3-4 great years after this one, there is no way he is getting in the hall of fame. Much less on the first ballot.

You are out of your mind. He could be done now and get in no problem.