Well, I could maybe do without 'Black Man' on there - maybe. I mean, I like it and all, but it's the one I sometimes skip when listening all the way through.

WRONG!!!!!

art.mc.cnn.jpg

I love 'the lamb' but I do agree we could trim it down a bit. I could live without 'The Grand Parade Of Lifeless Packaging' and some segments on side two. It wouldn't really interfere with the 'concept' as I never really understood what it was about in the first place!!. Great album though, as was Foxtrot and Selling England.

and Trespass and Nursery Cryme and Trick of the Tail and Wind & Wuthering!

for me, title track, Carpet Crawlers, Lillywhite Lillith, In the Cage, counting out time, cuckoo cocoon, slipperman, maybe riding the scree and it are standout tracks on Lamb ... a few other decent tracks but mostly filler

I love 'the lamb' but I do agree we could trim it down a bit. I could live without 'The Grand Parade Of Lifeless Packaging' and some segments on side two. It wouldn't really interfere with the 'concept' as I never really understood what it was about in the first place!!. Great album though, as was Foxtrot and Selling England.

and Trespass and Nursery Cryme and Trick of the Tail and Wind & Wuthering!

for me, title track, Carpet Crawlers, Lillywhite Lillith, In the Cage, counting out time, cuckoo cocoon, slipperman, maybe riding the scree and it are standout tracks on Lamb ... a few other decent tracks but mostly filler

I'll probably get busted on for this because I know these guys were EXTREMELY overplayed (especially back in the day), and they eventually went "Air Supply" on us, but Chicago Transit Authority has it all me thinks.A hell of a debut LP.

It has clever, well crafted horn-driven pop (Does Anybody Know What Time It Is?, Questions 67&68)a real nice cover (I'm A Man), and some great long jams (Poem 58, Liberation).

God bless Terry Kath - his playing on this record is FIERCE, and on stuff like Poem 58 he out-claps Clapton and out-pages Page.

Really, these guys could have hung it up after their first record (or at least after the first few)

I've listened to this record for nearly 40 years and felt no pain.

I'll probably get busted on for this because I know these guys were EXTREMELY overplayed (especially back in the day), and they eventually went "Air Supply" on us, but Chicago Transit Authority has it all me thinks.A hell of a debut LP.

It has clever, well crafted horn-driven pop (Does Anybody Know What Time It Is?, Questions 67&68)a real nice cover (I'm A Man), and some great long jams (Poem 58, Liberation).

God bless Terry Kath - his playing on this record is FIERCE, and on stuff like Poem 58 he out-claps Clapton and out-pages Page.

Really, these guys could have hung it up after their first record (or at least after the first few)

I've listened to this record for nearly 40 years and felt no pain.

I just listened to this yesterday for the first time in probably ten years. Awesome album, and all your observations are spot on.

Jimi Hendrix loved Terry Kath.

http://www.timmwood.com/kathfaq.html

Did Jimi Hendrix like Kath?

Hendrix once told Chicago saxophonist Walter Parazaider "Your guitar player is better than me." The two guitarists knew each other, and when Hendrix took Chicago on tour, he reportedly jammed with Kath on stage.

A long-time Chicago fan has reported that at one Hendrix concert, Jimi made a reference to Kath out of the blue, saying something to the effect, "You gotta check out this guy Terry Kath. His band is CTA. He's the best guitar player in the universe."