• Replies 711
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to know more about what the hell the smoke monster is exactly. How did MIB become it? Is Jacob able to be the smoke monster too? Why a pillar of smoke?

My question about smokey right now is how he fits in with the Others. If you remember, in "No Place Like Home" Ben went in a super secret room and did something to "summon" smokey (MIB) to take out the Freighter people. So obviously the Others (presumably Richard) had control over MIB at some point and in the recent past. Now they are not. What do you supposed happened there?

My question about smokey right now is how he fits in with the Others. If you remember, in "No Place Like Home" Ben went in a super secret room and did something to "summon" smokey (MIB) to take out the Freighter people. So obviously the Others (presumably Richard) had control over MIB at some point and in the recent past. Now they are not. What do you supposed happened there?

We assume Ben summoned the smoke monster because he said he did. I have no reason to doubt that.

Keamy broke the rules by killing Alex (Whidmore and Linus are apparently part of the game). I think Keamy's life was forfeit after that.

I think Kate belongs on team Jacob. I don't think MIB was happy to see her. I think his look was more like "You don't belong here, but it's not like you can kill me, so what the fuck, tag along a while."

I got this same vibe. It also felt like an important moment, like MIB blew it off but it could come back to bite him.

Of course you all realise that not every little thing that has happened in Lostworld will be explained come the end of the show and there will be hundreds of little questions and loose ends that we will obsess over for years afterwards. Bastards.

Maybe some of the unanswered questions after May 23rd will be answered in the extras of the complete series box set?? $$$$$$$

Ben might of thought he was summoning MiB, but my guess is that he came because he wanted to.

Maybe some of the unanswered questions after May 23rd will be answered in the extras of the complete series box set?? $$$$$$$

I think the producers recently stated that they would be making no comments about the finale after it had aired. Take that as you will.

Guest Runaway Jim

Ben might of thought he was summoning MiB, but my guess is that he came because he wanted to.

I don't think Ben knew there was a MIB until he turned into the smoke monster this season. Or I think he thought MIB was Jacob. I'm not sure.

I am sort of thinking that the smoke monster we saw previously, was not MIB, but rather Jacob. It wasn't until Ben killed Jacob that MIB could become the smoke monster.

Who knows.

We assume Ben summoned the smoke monster because he said he did. I have no reason to doubt that.

I'm not saying I disagree, but the irony of that statement made me :lol, considering that we all know Ben is a pathological liar.

I am sort of thinking that the smoke monster we saw previously, was not MIB, but rather Jacob. It wasn't until Ben killed Jacob that MIB could become the smoke monster.

Nice theory. It hadn't crossed my mind, but I like it.

I don't think Ben knew there was a MIB until he turned into the smoke monster this season. Or I think he thought MIB was Jacob. I'm not sure.

Who knows.

Hmmm...very interesting.

The smoke monster has been a fixture since the first. We are now led to believe that it was the MIB in the cabin (the circle of ash) and he was freed when Locke disturbed the ash.

There is a really creepy element in the avatars (i.e., Christian, Locke): they seem to refer or think of themselves as somehow blended with the identities they assume though definitely apart: (Christian/MIB referring to Jack as his son) and the very evident Lockian possession. Blended or something akin to it.

I seem to recall somebody posting an oddball theory on a LOST site that there was a community of souls/gods/being who would in turn inhabit the bodies/souls of the various Losties. The Losties do seem to have mood swings and personality changes at times.

I am glad I don't drink or partake of the friendly herb anymore. I can't imagine watching LOST with a buzz on.

Ben is not getting to much love in this episode. Maybe that is not true after all.

That may be one of the weirdest changes - not seeing him in charge anymore.

Is it possible that we have seen one more/last redemption?

Great episode last night. I think it was the best one yet that showed the parallels and contrasts between the "main timeline" and the "alt timeline." We also got confirmation that Widmore is coming to the island(!) and that the Dharma Initiative was on the island in the alt timeline (implied by the sunken houses). Miles had an important part, but he, Frank and Sun just seem like extras. What's their purpose? If I have to hear Sun say "Do you know where Jin is?" one more time I'm going to scream!

If I have to hear Sun say "Do you know where Jin is?" one more time I'm going to scream!

I hear you because Sun is a character that has a lot more to add (as seen by her actions against her father and with Widmore off the island). However, Sun's constant questioning of "Do you know where Jin is?" is the very same question that I have been asking. I'm rather curious as to where Jin is in respect to what side he is on. Just because he was being cared for by Claire (or was he really her captive?) two episodes ago, does that mean he is on the side of MIB? Whether Sun and Jin end up on opposing sides and how it all works out between these two is the storyline I'm most excited to see resolved.

Great episode last night. I think it was the best one yet that showed the parallels and contrasts between the "main timeline" and the "alt timeline." We also got confirmation that Widmore is coming to the island(!) and that the Dharma Initiative was on the island in the alt timeline (implied by the sunken houses). Miles had an important part, but he, Frank and Sun just seem like extras. What's their purpose? If I have to hear Sun say "Do you know where Jin is?" one more time I'm going to scream!

She's like the Michael of season 6.

Guest Runaway Jim

She's like the Michael of season 6.

God he was annoying. Between his screaming "my boy" and Claire's generally non-sensical screaming, Season 1 is tough to sit through.

Last night's episode was my favorite of the year so far, mainly just because Michael Emerson is great. Also, we got some confirmation of theories about Richard - having arrived on the Black Rock, having been given the gift of eternal life (or something to that effect) by Jacob. Also had maybe the best tender moment in the entire series when Ilana told Ben that she'd have him. Good shit.

Whether Sun and Jin end up on opposing sides and how it all works out between these two is the storyline I'm most excited to see resolved.

My current theory is that Sun and Jin are "Adam and eve" On opposite sides at the end and chose each other over either MiB or Jacob. Then go back in time..........still haven't work that one out yet.

So can we surmise that Ben in the alt time line was shot by Sayid?

You mean, what NOT shot by Sayid, right? ...............

You mean, what NOT shot by Sayid, right? ...............

see this is where it gets funny. Here is a quick time line to better understand my question,

2004 - Plane Crashes,

2005 Oceanic 6 leave the island,

2008 Jack et al get transported back to 1977

1977 Sayid shoots Ben. Juliet detonates the bomb

2004 alt time line happens

So I guess that this means in 2008 Jack et al never get transported back to 1977 so Sayid can't shoot Ben. But then why was the island underwater? The DI existed in the alt time line.

I had thought that whatever happened pre bomb still happened, but now that I see that they (jack et al) were never there, I am not sure what to think.

This is very confusing.

saw this on Bestweekever.tv Lost Recap.

So wait… we have Napoleon, dynamite, and Uncle Rico. Coincidence, or was this entire episode a veiled allusion to that offbeat comedy from 2004… THE SAME YEAR OCEANIC FLIGHT CRASHED! Oh man, I’m on to something here. I just figured out all of Lost. I don’t even need to watch the rest of the season. I got it all.

Oddly makes sense

Excellent episode! Definitely need to rewatch that and Sundown later this week.

So was Widmore's submarine coming away from the shore on the island and heading to the Hydra?

I need to rewatch this as it happened so quick?

Does Widmore want to unleash the MIB onto the world and destroy it?

Perhaps that's why he wanted the Black Rock journal at that auction.

see this is where it gets funny. Here is a quick time line to better understand my question,

2004 - Plane Crashes,

2005 Oceanic 6 leave the island,

2008 Jack et al get transported back to 1977

1977 Sayid shoots Ben. Juliet detonates the bomb

2004 alt time line happens

So I guess that this means in 2008 Jack et al never get transported back to 1977 so Sayid can't shoot Ben. But then why was the island underwater? The DI existed in the alt time line.

I had thought that whatever happened pre bomb still happened, but now that I see that they (jack et al) were never there, I am not sure what to think.

This is very confusing.

If this alt timeline is what happened if the bomb detonated, then I'm going to guess that the bomb detonating caused the universe to unravel events further back in time, to ultimately create a timeline with no conflicts where the island ends up underwater due to a different event.