I suppose it could be possible that Hurley encountered Richard via the DI in the 70's. We know Sawyer knows who Richard is. It's not my intent to nitpick by any means, I just couldn't remember if Hurley & Richard had ever shared screen time.

Keep in mind that Hurley was only in the Dharma Initiative a few days between when he flashed from the Ajira flight until "The Incident."

I like to nitpick in discussions but in the end I don't really care because the stories are so good even with little flubs.

• Replies 711
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BUT... Kwon was only listed once, and didn't Ilana make a comment that she didn't know which of them was a candidate?

Also (unrelated) - MIB told Ben that someone needs to stay behind to protect the island, when not too long ago he told Sawyer it was just an island and didn't need protecting. I'm starting to think Jacob may be the "good" guy after all. I do have to say though, that both Jacob and MIB are master manipulators. Judging by Ben's choice to stay on the beach, he seems to have regained his faith in Jacob.

So, Ilana said there are only six candidates left. I tried counting them - Sawyer, Hurley, Jack, Sayid, Sun and/or Jin... am I forgetting someone else or are we to assume that Kate is also a candidate based on the lighthouse list?

BUT... Kwon was only listed once, and didn't Ilana make a comment that she didn't know which of them was a candidate?

ILANA: Trust me, if anyone wants to find him, it's me. But I don't know where to look.

SUN: Why do you want to find Jin?

ILANA: Because your last name is Kwon. So is his. And I don't know whether I'm supposed to protect you, him, or both of you.

SUN: Protect us? What are you talking about?

ILANA: You're candidates. To replace Jacob.

SUN: Replace him? To do what?

ILANA: If you're the one selected, I imagine you'll find out.

SUN: Wait... you said candidates. How many are there?

ILANA: Six. There are only six left.

i think you've got the 6. There's been a lot of debate on Lospedia about this, but I think you're right. Some people think that there's no way Ilana could be counting Sayer or Sayid, becuase they're on Locke's side, but I don't think she's counting anyone on Jacob's list/cave/lighthouse out just yet.

And I think Kate is the dark horse/unknown variable in this whole big equation.

Also (unrelated) - MIB told Ben that someone needs to stay behind to protect the island, when not too long ago he told Sawyer it was just an island and didn't need protecting. I'm starting to think Jacob may be the "good" guy after all. I do have to say though, that both Jacob and MIB are master manipulators.

Yeah, I caught that too. Very odd. Maybe he's just telling people what they want to hear? It looks like both MiB and Jacob make hard bargains with people (Dogan, Sayid, Richard). Can't wait to see how it all plays out!

Very good episode. One of the most interesting parts of this season so far was Flocke talking about his mom. I have a feeling we know who his mother is.... I still subscribe to the theory that his "home" is the alternate time line.

A really amazing episode yet again.

Does anyone else not feel the need to "over" analyze the episodes after the LA X premiere?

I'm assuming we'll gain more insight into the Flash Sideways once the Finale comes and goes.

Also, a sexy episode too. Rebecca Mader looked :blink and so did Jodi Lyn O'Keefe (the other one in Sawyer's bed :pirate )

I think Sawyer has a pretty good thing going with having sex with the women of Lost:

Ana Lucia, Kate, Juliet, Ava, & Charlotte in the SIDEWAYS :shifty reality.

I really liked seeing Charlie's brother briefly. It's been awhile since we've seen him. Very 1st seasonish, when you use to see characters unknowingly run into each other.

Somewhat spoilerish

Zoe's name is changed to Kendall for the Richard Alpert centric episode. I highly doubt that she's been around as long as Richard but who knows. I'm guessing the episode is all Richard and nothing with the typical gang a la The Other 48 Days.

Somewhat spoilerish

Zoe's name is changed to Kendall for the Richard Alpert centric episode. I highly doubt that she's been around as long as Richard but who knows. I'm guessing the episode is all Richard and nothing with the typical gang a la The Other 48 Days.

Are you sure? The clip I saw in Canadaland seemed to show Jack and the crew. But that could have been archive footage I suppose.

This episode is the stuff.

I wonder who thought of using the episode of Little House On The Prairie?

One of the most interesting parts of this season so far was Flocke talking about his mom.

A really amazing episode yet again.

I really liked seeing Charlie's brother briefly.

Yes, yes, yes to you all.

I LOVE that Miles & Sawyer are partners in the sideways flash. I LOVE that they showed Sawyer watching Little House. I LOVE that we saw Charlie's brother!!! :wub I LOVE that LaFleur was Sawyer's safe word... :lol

I wanted Juliet to be Miles' friend that he set Sawyer up with, but I still have hope that Juliet will appear again this season. I know the sideways flash has its detractors, but I am just loving it. It's almost like a whole new show. :lol

And... GO SAWYER!!! I knew that he knew what he was doing all along. Me, on the other hand... it took until Widmore's cronies came out of the jungle with guns to realize who "Zoe" was... And so Widmore is NOT on "team MIB"? And MIB is being just as sweet, kind, and manipulative as Jacob... makes me = :stunned

Just another fabulous episode, it will take me some more time to digest it.

Only one complaint: can someone please give Claire a comb?

It is interesting that Richard is now running around scared, like Ben.

He has always been one of my favorite characters. I have always particularly liked the scene where he comes to visit Locke as a boy. It reminded me of Taken for some reason.

And this scene also:

Baby Locke and the return of Richard Alpert

I wonder who thought of using the episode of Little House On The Prairie?

Sawyer mentioned back in season 3's "Tricia Tanaka Is Dead" that he used to watch Little House on the Prairie.

KATE: Yeah, well, anticipation's the worst part. I thought I would spare you. [she sits next to him and they share a long look] You know, all you have to do is say sorry. You could start again -- give each other a clean slate.

SAWYER: [sighing] Slate. Like on Little House?

KATE: What?

SAWYER: Little House on the Prairie? Laura Ingalls used to write on this little chalkboard at school.

KATE: [laughing] You call it Little House?

SAWYER: I had mono when I was a kid -- missed 2 months of school -- we only got one channel in my trailer.

I think I only remember that because I've only been watching the show about 9 months! I saw season 3 about 6 months ago! It was a nice touch to the previous seasons. I'm waiting to read a transcript of the episode to see what they were saying on the Little House episode.

Very good episode. One of the most interesting parts of this season so far was Flocke talking about his mom. I have a feeling we know who his mother is....

The mom reference was unusual and so was his interactions with Claire. He did say a couple of weeks ago that he used to be a normal man. Makes me wonder what their "relationship" was like in the 3 years that they were alone in the jungle. Does he really just have Mommy issues? Are you in the MiB is Aaron camp?

Does anyone else not feel the need to "over" analyze the episodes after the LA X premiere?

Nope! :) But I've just joined the party this season, so I'm new to over analyzing.

I really liked seeing Charlie's brother briefly. It's been awhile since we've seen him. Very 1st seasonish, when you use to see characters unknowingly run into each other.

Ditto. Makes me think that Charlie's story in the ALT isn't over. We've already seen Sawyer run into Kate again and jack briefly see Sayid. I like how it's playing out. This week's episode was similar to last week's with the parallels and contrasts for the character, but it played more on Sawyer's whole character, not just his actions in the episode.

Are you sure? The clip I saw in Canadaland seemed to show Jack and the crew. But that could have been archive footage I suppose.

My guess is that all of next week's episode won't take place in the past, but it won't be the formula of this season with the flash sideways. My guess is that it'll have regular flashbacks, more like "The Life and Death of Jeremy Bentham" than "The Other 48 Days."

Sawyer mentioned back in season 3's "Tricia Tanaka Is Dead" that he used to watch Little House on the Prairie.

I think I only remember that because I've only been watching the show about 9 months! I saw season 3 about 6 months ago! It was a nice touch to the previous seasons. I'm waiting to read a transcript of the episode to see what they were saying on the Little House episode.

I sort of recall that. I am just curious to know how someone knew there was an episode of the show that would fit in with the episode of Lost they were writing.

Guest Runaway Jim

Very good episode. One of the most interesting parts of this season so far was Flocke talking about his mom. I have a feeling we know who his mother is.... I still subscribe to the theory that his "home" is the alternate time line.

Yes! That's exactly what I thought... "Who is his mother? I'm sure we know her..."

Great episode. Sawyer continues to be my favorite character. I'm so pumped for the Richard episode next week.

Guest Runaway Jim

He said his mother was crazy. So what crazy women have we seen on the show so far - Rousseau, Real Locke's mom, Libby maybe, and now Claire. Anyone else? Of course, MIB seems to be very old, so typically that would mean his mother is even older.

Eh, never mind. I have no idea.

I sort of recall that. I am just curious to know how someone knew there was an episode of the show that would fit in with the episode of Lost they were writing.

I hear you. I wonder the same thing when I'm watching something like "The Daily Show" and they dig up 10 year old footage of senator looking like a hypocrite. Can you imagine the database of footage or the hours of tape they had to watch?

He said his mother was crazy. So what crazy women have we seen on the show so far - Rousseau, Real Locke's mom, Libby maybe, and now Claire. Anyone else? Of course, MIB seems to be very old, so typically that would mean his mother is even older.

Eh, never mind. I have no idea.

MIB's mother is crazy. Claire is crazy. Claire is Aaron's mother. Aaron is MIB. With all the time travelling going on in this show, why not?

I hear you. I wonder the same thing when I'm watching something like "The Daily Show" and they dig up 10 year old footage of senator looking like a hypocrite. Can you imagine the database of footage or the hours of tape they had to watch?

Either that, or someone has been very busy indexing footage for many years.

When this show began, a friend of mine said that he hoped they would not spring an alien story on us (see Highlander 2).

I suppose we may still end up with some sort of ancient Egypt connection. We shall know more after next week, I think.

Only one complaint: can someone please give Claire a comb?

Very interesting that you wrote that. I remember a scene in Season 1 where they're going through the luggage and there's no combs or brushes anywhere.

The big theory back then was that they were being manipulated via brain waves through some electronic device and by combing their hair it would create static electricity which would of course cause some interference or damage. :stunned

So it is still kind of a mystery why someone from the Dharma Initiative came out to the beach and took all of the combs (allegedly).

CONSIDERING the fact that almost all of the main cast has had different haircuts/dos over the course of 6 seasons.

Maybe there's a Supercuts on the Hydra Island? A Walk In type of place for a Walkabout.

RE: MIB'S MAMA (Warning: This is a BIG ONE!) (Obviously, read at your own risk)

Alison Janney was cast to play MIB & Jacob's mother for their centric episode.

RE: Knowing What Episode To Use or How The Daily Show Does It

Well, a friend of mine worked on The Daily Show as an intern for 3 months and I never asked him what he did.

But my guess would be that the 15 interns watch all of the news shows etc and make notes and log it.

Little House On The Prairie: It's possible that there's a really big fan on there. Or they typed in a particular portion of dialog that we saw on last's night episode into Google and found the episode through that.

Also, did you notice that the 3 books that Sawyer had on his night stand were all books that he read on the Island? (via Lostpedia, of course)