A pretty big left curve ball of a spoiler:

Zoe figures to be central to the overall mythology of the show according to a recent interview that is on the DarkUFO site. Sheila Kelley (Zoe) mentions to look up the word Zoe in Greek Mythology to figure out why the character is important and why now.

If it is a spoiler...it is a weird ass, block buster of one

Zoe Means "life" in Greek. From early times it was adopted by Hellenized Jews as a translation of EVE.

• Replies 711
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Runaway Jim

So, essentially, what you're getting at with this Zoe stuff is that she is MIB's mother? Or Jacob's mother?

Or she's one of the skeletons found in season one?

They already cast someone else to play Jacob's mother. I think it has to do with the concept that the Island was DEATH you know no woman could conceive, smoke monster let loose, etc. So Zoe may represent a shift in that. Could she be Eve? Yeah, why not? That would be a huge curveball.

"were gonna take the sub..."

is it just me, or was that a bad ending? definitely didnt warrant the dramatic music. i feel the last few episodes have been tame, and next weeks should be a crazy "wtf" episode. cant wait.

Agreed, the wife and I burst out laughing when the music kicked in.

My big thing is a sub easier to pilot then a plane? Or did Sawyer spend some time in the Navy that we don't know about.

My big thing (among many other things) is how in the hell are they going to, a.) fix a jumbo jet on a deserted island, and then b.) build a sufficient runway, and then c.) fly the damn plane?

Guest Runaway Jim

My big thing (among many other things) is how in the hell are they going to, a.) fix a jumbo jet on a deserted island, and then b.) build a sufficient runway, and then c.) fly the damn plane?

a.) Sayid, despite now being evil, is basically McGuyver.

b.)There is already a runway

c.) Lupidus

Word of the wise: DO NOT MISS TONIGHT'S EPISODE IT WILL NOT BE REPEATED NEXT WEEK LIKE THEY HAVE BEEN DOING!!! DVR it. DVD R it. It runs until 10:06, so that obviously sounds doubtful to put into an 8-9 time slot next week. There'd be no commercials. Enjoy!

Kind of disappointed that Richard was not Egyptian -- but I'm glad that gave some answers without giving it all away. Very interesting concept.

7 episodes left... sad. :no But that Happy Town might be a contender to fill my mystery void

I've never heard of that show.

I would think ABC will be scrambling to keep the audience they have gained from LOST.

They should have a show called Lonesome Town. Rick Nelson (as a ghost, of course) could be the guy who helps people that suddenly find themselves in a deserted town in the middle of nowhere.

That episode was pretty good.

So maybe Jacob's job is to not only guard The Island but to ensure that whatever "evil" it is holding back does not get released. This must be why Jacob will not let Flocke go "home", because doing so will unleash said evil.

Anyone else find it weird that MiB and Jacob both have modern accents in the 1800s?

Great episode.

IT still left me wondering, which side will Richard be on? Was that the same knife that Dogan gave Sayid? How/why did Jacob take the MIB's boby/humanity?

Nice to see one the Hansos show up.

I thought the editing at the beginning was a little choppy. Jacob and Ilana, beach, Jacob and Ilana, beach, canary islands.

i liked the idea of the island being hell and the people being dead was good. It was a very early fan theory about the island.

I was surprised that the MIB did make Richard agree to some more firm conditions before he released him.

I liked the parallels between MiB's conversation with Richard and earlier (later) conversations ("It is good to see you out of those chains" "DO not hesitate, do not let him speak, if he speaks it's already too late.")

BTW, here's the transcript of the Little House on the Prairie episode on "Recon"

LAURA: It's not me I'm worried about. I just don't know what I would do if anything ever happened to you or Ma.

CHARLES: Anyway, nothing's gonna happen to us. Not today, anyway. That's the way you live this life. Each day, one at a time. Now, if you spend your whole life worryin' about something that's gonna happen, before you know it, your life's over and you spent an awful lot of it just worryin'.

[Laughter is heard in the background on the show.]

CHARLES: Hey, you heard that? Now that's what life's all about. Laughin' and lovin' each other. And knowin' that people aren't really gone when they die. We have all the good memories to sustain us until we see 'em again.

LAURA: It's hard not being afraid, Pa...

CHARLES: I know, sweetheart. I know.

A little something to munch on:

Over the course of the Canary Islands' history, people claimed to have seen a vanishing and reappearing eighth island. So there you go, the number 8, and a mysterious island. Oh, and the Canary Islands were the location of a famous plane crash in 1977, the year of the Incident in the Lost universe. Thanks to Lostpedia for the info.

RE: Jacob and his easy to leave The Island ways:

One question that my best friend and I came up with was "how could Jacob leave the Island and let MIB stay there while he was gone?" Was he like "hey, bro...I'm going out for some milk...be back later..need anything.?.."

And Jacob put up a big fight with Richard moreso than with Ben in last season's finale. Maybe he wanted to finally die? I understand that his whole ideology revolves around free choice and Ben proved to exercise that by stabbing him via manipulation and anger.

I'll have more when I come to it.

Oh, I do have one more thing: last season's finale we assumed that that ship was the Black Rock as viewed by Jacob & MIB at the beach, but I think it's safe to say that it wasn't because the Black Rock came in during a huge storm.

While I highly doubt the following theory, I do find it rather intriguing on so many levels: What if Jacob & MIB are one and the same kind of like Smeagol & Gollum. You know whomever was banished there alone started to develop a split personality and voila two separate identities.

But seriously you must be kidding?! No. Where is Jacob when MIB comes in & kills a whole pirate ship full of slaves? Is he in his cool Foot Locker ( :music ) threading together some shit? It's almost like he lets MIB take care of business and then he only had an idea for Richard on the spot. "Hey you want to be my agent?!"

So yeah, if Jacob is claiming to bring all of these people here and he wants them to be his "replacement" then what's the point if he doesn't pay them a visit? Is he late to the party? Is MIB ruining it for him by killing everyone?

But why is MIB killing these people? Doesn't he want some sort of army of evil followers? Doesn't it look like he's judging them when the lights flicker from smokey? I think coming in early and saving slaves would be a smart idea to use those people against Jacob.

Guest Runaway Jim

LAURA: It's not me I'm worried about. I just don't know what I would do if anything ever happened to you or Ma.

CHARLES: Anyway, nothing's gonna happen to us. Not today, anyway. That's the way you live this life. Each day, one at a time. Now, if you spend your whole life worryin' about something that's gonna happen, before you know it, your life's over and you spent an awful lot of it just worryin'.

[Laughter is heard in the background on the show.]

CHARLES: Hey, you heard that? Now that's what life's all about. Laughin' and lovin' each other. And knowin' that people aren't really gone when they die. We have all the good memories to sustain us until we see 'em again.

LAURA: It's hard not being afraid, Pa...

CHARLES: I know, sweetheart. I know.

That is beautiful, and very true. That was a great moment for Sawyer.

Anyone else find it weird that MiB and Jacob both have modern accents in the 1800s?

Maybe whoever bodies they took over came from the modern times? How's that for a time loop mind fuck shit sandwich brought to you by Mennen?

Much like MIB now looks like Locke and talks like Locke, I'm sure that whoever they took over is who we know MIB & Jacob as.

I'm not sure if we'll ever see their true nature on the show.

Edit: OOH Yeah...RE: The Cork: Does that mean that in the Alt Timeline that the cork "popped" off and that's why it is under water?

Discuss.

RE: Accents on the screen: The Biggest Offender of the last decade was Troy. Here was a movie set in Ancient Greece and everyone had a different accent because of the actors. You had Brian Cox the Scot, Brendan Gleeson the Irish, Orlando Bloom from Canterbury, England, Eric Bana the Australian, Diane Kruger the German, and Brad Pitt the American who sounded like a fool doing his Achilles like a rock star.

Richard had a Cuban accent while speaking Spanish

The Priest had a Mexican

and the Doctor had a true Spanish accent

I don't think it is best to get bogged down in such minor details.

Here is an interesting continutity error, the Constant the Black Rock was said to be lost at sea after it's departure from Portsmouth England on March 22nd 1845 and the Ledger was found in 1852. Richard's flashback begins in 1867.

So my theory is the Black Rock and the Hanso group are agents of Jacob and they brought people to the Island for him, and never checked back in, or something. Especially if it was trading in slaves (or supposedly it had to fly under the radar.) This to explains why the journal had directions on how to get to the island. Furthermore the Hanso group continued to get people to the island for Jacob, especially in more recent times with the Dharma Initiative.

So then is the ship we saw in The Incident pt 1 the Black Rock or not? If my theory holds true then yes.

Something to chew on.

Here is an interesting continutity error, the Constant the Black Rock was said to be lost at sea after it's departure from Portsmouth England on March 22nd 1845 and the Ledger was found in 1852. Richard's flashback begins in 1867.

So my theory is the Black Rock and the Hanso group are agents of Jacob and they brought people to the Island for him, and never checked back in, or something. Especially if it was trading in slaves (or supposedly it had to fly under the radar.) This to explains why the journal had directions on how to get to the island. Furthermore the Hanso group continued to get people to the island for Jacob, especially in more recent times with the Dharma Initiative.

So then is the ship we saw in The Incident pt 1 the Black Rock or not? If my theory holds true then yes.

Something to chew on.

What if it happened 2 different ways in different loops of a timeline?

Remember what Jacob and MIB said "It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress."

Meaning what we saw last night really happened and in The Incident the ship also eventually made it to the Island.

One question that my best friend and I came up with was "how could Jacob leave the Island and let MIB stay there while he was gone?" Was he like "hey, bro...I'm going out for some milk...be back later..need anything.?.."

Maybe that's when the ash ring comes into play.

Very interesting........I was just reading on Lostpedia that they said specifically "Captain Hanso" not "Mangus Hanso" who was mentioned in The Constant. Two different people?

Maybe that's when the ash ring comes into play.

Isn't there a lot of ash? Does this mean that Jacob has died before in several different timelines? Remember Ilana picks up Jacob's ashes and we are to assume that this is what keeps out the Smoke Monster/MIB. If the ashes before Jacob's death aren't his from a previous life then whose are they?

Are they the ashes of American flags?