While I highly doubt the following theory, I do find it rather intriguing on so many levels: What if Jacob & MIB are one and the same kind of like Smeagol & Gollum. You know whomever was banished there alone started to develop a split personality and voila two separate identities.

Fight Club: Island edition.

• Replies 711
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't there a lot of ash? Does this mean that Jacob has died before in several different timelines? Remember Ilana picks up Jacob's ashes and we are to assume that this is what keeps out the Smoke Monster/MIB. If the ashes before Jacob's death aren't his from a previous life then whose are they?

Are they the ashes of American flags?

This is why we can't have nice things.

Also, movie theaters with closed circuit tv should be all over that finale to make some serious money. I think that could happen, since Disney owns ABC.

Now THAT is a fascinating idea! Reminds me of the recent Prairie Home Companion, LIVE in HD at theaters last month. http://prairiehome.publicradio.org/features/live-in-hd/

The Metropolitan Opera did this recently too. http://www.metoperafamily.org/metopera/broadcast/hd_events_current.aspx

I'd love to see someone do this. It would draw me away from my 27" standard definition TV, that's for sure!

There's a blogger on DarkUFO's site named Vozzek69 that puts together excellent, well written, spoiler free episode recaps, if anyone is interested. They're called "Things I Noticed."

http://darkufo.blogspot.com/search/label/Vozzek69

Not exactly what we hoped for, but still kind of cool. check this out.

http://darkufo.blogspot.com/2010/03/abc-planning-lost-in-cinema-event-3.html

I have a feeling the shit begins to hit the fan next week.

what a nite for time warner cable to upgrade the software -- all of my scheduled recordings were "lost". meh. where can i go to see this episode? abc.com?

Yes, you can go to ABC.com or Hulu.com to view Lost.

And it actually doesn't appear until like 6a.m. the following day.

Desmond! I knew it would be him.

:yes I'm glad to FINALLY have Desmond back. :wub

And I know it's the romantic in me, but I just love the Jin & Sun storyline. I'm curious as to why they aren't married in the ALT. It was cool to see Mikhail again, too. Random thoughts.... :lol I need some time to digest, as always.

I have a feeling the shit begins to hit the fan next week.

I doubt it! There's going to keep stringing us along for a few more weeks! Although with Desmond back I bet we're have better answers to the nature of the Alt. OR maybe just more questions!

And I know it's the romantic in me, but I just love the Jin & Sun storyline. I'm curious as to why they aren't married in the ALT. It was cool to see Mikhail again, too. Random thoughts.... :lol I need some time to digest, as always.

Jin and Sun's storyline is OK, but the writers haven't used their characters well this season. Until last night. Good stuff. Everyone wants off the island now, except maybe Jack, but no one trusts the MiB.

I'm glad I stopped reading spoilers a couple of weeks ago. Sun getting shot was a real shocker to me!

Questions:

Did Jacob keep Sun from being able to get pregnant?

In the original timeline, was Sun's father planning on having Jin killed also? I can't remember, why were they in Sydney originally? Didn't he have 2 watches?

So, Zoe is a scientist and Widmore doesn't know much more than anyone else? What does he want? Does he want to tap into the energy of the island for personal gain?

The smoke monster can't travel across water? How did Christian end up on the freighter then? This throws off my theories about Christian.

So, Keamy isn't dead? Jin better shoot his ass before they leave for the hospital, where they're bound to run into Jack and probably Sawyer, Miles and Ana Lucia.

What is Miles' purpose as a character?!?! Is he just there for one liners? Frank is obviously going to pilot the plane at some point but Miles seems useless.

Well Jacob was at their wedding!

What's intriguing me is that some folks sideways life seems better (Jack, Locke & BEN!!?!?), while others are worse (Kate, Sun & Jin, Sayid) -- what does this mean for the conclusion? Discuss

Guest Runaway Jim
Sawyer: What do you need a boat for? Can't you just turn into smoke and fly your ass across the water?

Locke/MIB: If I could do that, do you really think I'd still be on this island?

Sawyer: Of course not because that would be ridiculous!"

Funniest line of the entire series.

And it was so obvious it would be Desmond, but I'm happy nonetheless. He's my favorite character not named Sawyer.

What's intriguing me is that some folks sideways life seems better (Jack, Locke & BEN!!?!?), while others are worse (Kate, Sun & Jin, Sayid) -- what does this mean for the conclusion? Discuss

I have to disagree. Kate and Sayid seem status quo to me. Sun and Jin still aren't together (in the main timeline they were somewhat estranged, in the Alt they had to sneak around.) and still fear her Father. Ben is still lonely with no real power. Jack still has daddy issue.

Locke is the only one who's life seem a little better in that he doesn't hate his father and is still with Helen.

Anyone get misty-eyed when Jin was looking at the photos of Ji Yeon? because I ... probably didn't, being very masculine and all.

:yes But I'm a girl, so it's OK. :P

Locke is the only one who's life seem a little better in that he doesn't hate his father and is still with Helen.

I agree. Locke seems to be the only one who's really doing much better in the sideways flash. Maybe Hurley too, since his luck is a complete 180.

I am guessing that the flash sideways are the world if MIB escaped. We are gonna find out that their lives really suck.

In the original timeline, was Sun's father planning on having Jin killed also? I can't remember, why were they in Sydney originally? Didn't he have 2 watches?

I can't remember for certain, but I think you are correct about the two watches. Interesting thought about wanting him killed in the original timeline as well. Since Keamy's working for Paik in the sideflash, and was working for Widmore in the original, I wonder if Paik and Widmore are associates somehow? I'm curious to see if Paik ends up playing a role in this whole thing.

So, Zoe is a scientist and Widmore doesn't know much more than anyone else? What does he want? Does he want to tap into the energy of the island for personal gain?

It reminded me of Naomi saying that the crew he sent on the freighter were ill-equipped for the job. Of course, he DID send mercenaries that time, which didn't work either...

So, Keamy isn't dead?

He and Mikhail have some mad surviving skills, that's for sure! I thought it was interesting that Mikhail got shot(?) in the eye...

What do we have left, only eight episodes? That makes me so sad... :(