Yes, I saw this and got all excited. But not too excited, since we're approaching the final season premiere.

One episode coming up is titled Ab Aeterno.

Etymology: Latin

Adverb ab aeterno

1. Since the beginning of time.

2.(figuratively) Since a very long time ago

• Replies 711
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

jizz_in_pants_andy_samberg.jpg

ABC remains very tight lipped about any images being released for the final season of Lost.

But a Spanish tv station made their own interesting promo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C56Lgl6DorM&feature=player_embedded

It's interesting that Lost is going for the bigger picture of Free Will vs. Determinism.

This idea ties in with some discussions going on over in the New Atheists thread.

jizz_in_pants_andy_samberg.jpg

ABC remains very tight lipped about any images being released for the final season of Lost.

But a Spanish tv station made their own interesting promo.

It's interesting that Lost is going for the bigger picture of Free Will vs. Determinism.

This idea ties in with some discussions going on over in the New Atheists thread.

so Lost is a Chess game played by God, while he listens to Radiohead.

Got it.

• 1 month later...

Will State of the Union Speech Push Back Lost Premiere?

In the ultimate battle between our real and fantasy lives, Lost's final season premiere may be bumped by President Barack Obama's State of the Union address.

The White House is currently considering either Jan. 26 or Feb. 2 — the night of the premiere — for the State of the Union speech, The Wrap reports. Lost fans aren't exactly the most patient bunch, and a Twitter hash tag has already been started to protest the possible scheduling conflict, #NoStateofUnionFeb2.

The Obama administration hasn't decided on Feb. 2, the site reports. However, if officials do choose to take that major piece of primetime real estate, Lost may have to move its premiere until the following Tuesday, Feb. 9.

Of course, there's no pleasing everyone: The Jan. 26 date would interrupt an all-new episode of American Idol. The White House refused to comment on the scheduling matter.

Guest Runaway Jim

I'm getting tremendously pumped for season 6. My girlfriend and I finished rewatching seasons 1-5 this week, and I can't stop thinking about the show. A few things...

First off, I think the show really works a lot better on DVD. Not just because it sucks waiting a week (or months) for the next episode, but also because it's just so dense. My plan for season 6 is to DVR all episodes, watch them the week they are aired, but save them and rewatch the whole season at the end.

Second... I really wonder who Richard was hinting at when he answered that "the one who will save us all" is lying in the shadow of the statue. Jacob? Locke? The unnamed guy that found the loophole? Jack?

Third... It appeared that Jacob summoned the Losties to the island by visiting them earlier in life and touching them. Is it significant that he did not visit/touch Hurley until 2007, after Hurley had already been to and left the island? Everyone else he visited long before the 815 crash.

And obviously... So what the fuck is going to happen after the H-bomb went off?!?!?

I have about a bigillion other questions, but those are the three most fresh in my mind since watching the season 5 finale. I still very much want to know everything about the smoke monster. There better be a detailed explaination of its origin or I'm going to be disappointed.

I know someone who will only watch the show that way - all the episodes of the season in a row by way of DVD. I don't think I have ever watched an episode twice. That may be something I will do in the future after the show is over.

My husband & I are watching from the beginning too (he stopped watching in season 2).

We're just starting Season 4 now.

I am getting way more out of it this way & find it easier to follow.

I agree, the week(s) in between you lose so much.

I think I may watch all of season 6 by dvd.

Guest Runaway Jim

I won't be able to hold out and wait to watch season 6 on DVD. I have too many friends/coworkers that love and talk about the show. I'll have to watch it live, and then I'll rewatch it as a whole in one or two days after the finale.

I'm getting tremendously pumped for season 6. My girlfriend and I finished rewatching seasons 1-5 this week, and I can't stop thinking about the show. A few things...

First off, I think the show really works a lot better on DVD. Not just because it sucks waiting a week (or months) for the next episode, but also because it's just so dense. My plan for season 6 is to DVR all episodes, watch them the week they are aired, but save them and rewatch the whole season at the end.

Second... I really wonder who Richard was hinting at when he answered that "the one who will save us all" is lying in the shadow of the statue. Jacob? Locke? The unnamed guy that found the loophole? Jack?

Third... It appeared that Jacob summoned the Losties to the island by visiting them earlier in life and touching them. Is it significant that he did not visit/touch Hurley until 2007, after Hurley had already been to and left the island? Everyone else he visited long before the 815 crash.

And obviously... So what the fuck is going to happen after the H-bomb went off?!?!?

I have about a bigillion other questions, but those are the three most fresh in my mind since watching the season 5 finale. I still very much want to know everything about the smoke monster. There better be a detailed explaination of its origin or I'm going to be disappointed.

Unfortunately, when Lost creeps back into my weekly viewing routines I check out the "spoiler" site which I won't give you so you can go in fresh.

A lot of what you said I think will answer itself, If I am allowed to be cryptic. The numbers and what it signifies is pretty mindblowing. The smoke monster is pretty easy to ponder about, if you think about what you've seen (mostly last season).

But yeah some of the stuff that I "fell upon" (Bullshit my hands typed me there) is AMAZING!!!

Quotes from different actors, Lindelof/Cuse etc on Season Premiere alone "You need to watch it 3 times or so to really grasp what's going on and what we're setting out to do this season."

I need to free up my DVR so I can hold the whole season, but I'll probably DVD-R them too.

I thought I had posted on this thread, but I guess I haven't!

I'm all geeked up for the season premiere. 3 weeks! I had never watched a single episode until this summer. Then my wife's co-worker let us borrow season one and I was hooked from the first episode! Watched the first 4 seasons on DVD, then watch season 5 on Hulu. Couldn't get enough. And I agree. I'm not sure I would have enjoyed it as much if I had to wait a week between episodes. I would have lost the details and been less interested in the mystery.

I've read a few spoilers, but I'll try not to mention them.

I bet we're going to see some kind of "what if" scenario or alt-timeline where Flight 815 landed safely, as a result of the bomb. But I think the whole thing is one big loop, hence the loophole. I'm excited to learn more about Richard's past. My guess is that his past is related to the Black Rock ship in the jungle. No real theories on the temple or Jacob and his nemesis' relationship. And who is Illana? Has she been to the island before? Is she an "Other"? And if so, why didn't Richard know her? I bet we'll see a lot of previously dead or presumed dead characters back too.

Guest Runaway Jim

Yes, please don't be spoilerific.

I think I pretty much know what the smoke monster is, but I want definitive detail.

And I am very excited to learn about the numbers. And Richard. And everything else. I cannot wait.

We have a spoiler function these days. If you click on Other Styles in the top left corner, you will see it. I always put "may contain spoilers" in the thread title - as we did not have the spoiler function back when Lost began.

Guest Runaway Jim

I do know of the spoiler font, and agree that it should be used, but I think there's a huge difference between a spoiler that results from discussion of the episodes that have aired and a spoiler that results from someone posting some inside information they've read before the show has even aired.

I think the latter kind should be avoided in here, even if they're hidden by the spoiler font.

Did you notice that he didn't actually touch Ilana? What's that about?

I do know of the spoiler font, and agree that it should be used, but I think there's a huge difference between a spoiler that results from discussion of the episodes that have aired and a spoiler that results from someone posting some inside information they've read before the show has even aired.

I think the latter kind should be avoided in here, even if they're hidden by the spoiler font.

I don't think it is inside information, but rather, speculation. We have always had that in our Lost threads here. If it is under the spoiler deal, then you don't have to read it. I generally don't follow speculation. I actually enjoy the show for the way they tell the story more than anything. We can only hope that the end does not end up being like the last episode of The Prisoner (Fall Out).

• 2 weeks later...

Fair enough, I'll avoid all spoiler fonts.

And no, I did not notice that he didn't touch Ilana, but he obviously knew her. I don't know what to make of that.

Anyone catch the re-airing of the Season 5 finale last night? I'm ready for next week!

My wife ask a question that I've never thought about. When did Jacob visit Ilana and why was she bandaged up? She obviously knew him, but it could have taken place years before 2007. Also, what is Frank a candidate for? I never noticed that the blade that the piece of tapestry was pinned to the wall of the shack with was the same one that Jacob was using to fillet the fish at the beginning. What's in Hurley's suitcase?

Saw this on the Lostpedia page: "The things the police officer gives back to Hurley when he gets released from the prison (money, a pen and a candy) are the same ones Jacob gives to Kate, Sawyer and Jack." Didn't notice that when I watch it.

My new Entertainment Weekly came in the mail just mere moments ago. Needless to say Lost was on the cover.

10 Burning Questions asked to Damon Lindelof & Carlton Cuse. (Spoilers? I'll soon find out)

10 Episodes You Need To Rewatch (I'll wait until June to begin from Season 1)

I can't view that video that jcroach has posted.