Guest Ordinary Beehive

Wait, really? That's not how I saw it at all. My interpretation was that Desmond is "showing" each person on the manifest (which he asked his driver to get at the end of the last episode) what Charlie "showed" him by nearly drowning him...Desmond ran Locke over to get him to see the flashes/memories that Charlie, Desmond, and Hurley have now had of their alternate lives. It didn't seem like animosity to me at all...he has adopted Charlie's view of things and is trying to make everyone see it. That's why he went to see Hurley. And when they cut to Locke's blank gaze at the end and then him kind of snapping to, I took it as him snapping back from his memory flashes. But maybe I'm way off...or it's a combination of the two?

I agree with you.

• Replies 711
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait, really? That's not how I saw it at all. My interpretation was that Desmond is "showing" each person on the manifest (which he asked his driver to get at the end of the last episode) what Charlie "showed" him by nearly drowning him...Desmond ran Locke over to get him to see the flashes/memories that Charlie, Desmond, and Hurley have now had of their alternate lives. It didn't seem like animosity to me at all...he has adopted Charlie's view of things and is trying to make everyone see it. That's why he went to see Hurley. And when they cut to Locke's blank gaze at the end and then him kind of snapping to, I took it as him snapping back from his memory flashes. But maybe I'm way off...or it's a combination of the two?

But Desmond didn't try to kill Hurley. He didn't make him have a near-dead experience. My take is that Locke will be the spoiler in the ALT. He'll try to stop the Losties from going back to the original timeline. His life is the only on that's better in the ALT, except for the fact he can't walk. Maybe Desmond was trying to course correct the universe. I have a feeling we're going to see Libby, Locke and Charlie die in the ALT soon. They're not supposed to be alive, like Charlie said in LA X.

But Desmond didn't try to kill Hurley. He didn't make him have a near-dead experience. My take is that Locke will be the spoiler in the ALT. He'll try to stop the Losties from going back to the original timeline. His life is the only on that's better in the ALT, except for the fact he can't walk. Maybe Desmond was trying to course correct the universe. I have a feeling we're going to see Libby, Locke and Charlie die in the ALT soon. They're not supposed to be alive, like Charlie said in LA X.

I’m guessing that the circumstances by which each individual is sort of coerced into “waking up” varies – partly based on prior on island history, and maybe also having to do with the “unenlightened” persons, like, temperament or something. As insideoutoflove mentioned, right before the scene changed or we went to commercial (I don't recall), it appeared as though post-run-over-by-Desmond-Locke had an epiphany of sorts, one, for reasons having to do with the shows pacing, we haven’t been made privy to, yet.

Charlie, Desmond, Hugo and Locke have all had different introductions to the epiphany.

Charlie's and Locke's were violent and involved bodily injury or near death experiences.

Desmond's was triggered by the accident, but more specifically Charlie's hand note.

Hurley's epiphany was triggered by his interaction with Libby...a lover who never was on the island.

Where is this all going? Charlie and Locke (the real one)are dead on the island. Although Locke's status is suspect because he died off the island. We don't know what Locke's flash involves, but Charlie's involved a relationship that was never consumated on the island...either physically or truly emotionally.

Desmond is the traveler, the fulcrum, the game changer. His flash puts him back where he was in the real world.

Hurley is a necromancer (speaker to the dead) and his flash was sparked by his real world dead love.

Of those Desmond has not 'pushed', there are connections. Sawyer and Miles tied together is an amplification of their relationship on the island. Kate and Claire bonded after a fashion over Aaron. Sawyer and Kate with a probable negative outcome for Kate. Faraday, Charlie and Desmond seemingly thrown together to facilitate Desmond's enlightenment. Charlotte serving as a muse to Faraday and a Cassandra (of sorts) to Sawyer. Widmore and Hawking serving as puppet masters of a sort.

I see patterns but haven't a clue as to where it is all going.

I see patterns but haven't a clue as to where it is all going.

Same here. Though a good deal of the fun derived from watching Lost lies in trying to guess where it’s going and/or concocting myriad theories regarding all aspects of the characters, island, etc – most if not all of which end up being inaccurate or just flat out wrong, at least where my thoughts on the show are concerned, I’ve decided to (more or less) just stop theorizing and just like, enjoy the remainder of the ride.

I’ve read some of the spoilers on Dark UFO (and elsewhere), and what I do know based on what I’ve read, assuming it’s accurate, and to date it has been, everyone’s compass is really just way off – especially my own.

Same here. Though a good deal of the fun derived from watching Lost lies in trying to guess where it’s going and/or concocting myriad theories regarding all aspects of the characters, island, etc – most if not all of which end up being inaccurate or just flat out wrong, at least where my thoughts on the show are concerned, I’ve decided to (more or less) just stop theorizing and just like, enjoy the remainder of the ride.

I’ve read some of the spoilers on Dark UFO (and elsewhere), and what I do know based on what I’ve read, assuming it’s accurate, and to date it has been, everyone’s compass is really just way off – especially my own.

I have been looking for spoilers but keep running into the casting stuff.

Just had a thought. Is Desmond in the altverse trying to get everyone back with their Constant, not necessarily their true love. Maybe Locke's constant is Jack, and by hitting him with his car he will get him to reconnect with Jack.

Though Jack and Locke did meet earlier.

I've stopped reading spoiler, except for the ABC Previews, a few weeks ago and I'm so glad I did! This week's episode was great spoiler free!

Haven't been successful with the spoilers this year, so I have been surprised.

One thing really struck me as being important.

Flocke asks Desmond "Do you know who I am?"

Desmond answers "Of Course. You're John Locke".

Flocke looks startled.

Hmmm....

Everybody else blithely accepts that Flocke isn't Locke. They don't know about the MIB per se, but Sawyer, Jin, Kate, Widmore et al. all accept/assume the altered identity.

What if Desmond sees a deeper reality?

My mind is really blown.

The "mystery boy" really creeped me out. :no

Dark haired boy and blonde haired boy...has a plot point ever been so broadly pointed out

Dark haired boy and blonde haired boy...has a plot point ever been so broadly pointed out

Sorry, I might be dense. Are you saying it's obvious who the boy is or commenting on continuity?

Not kidding though, the notion of a god-like kid is scary to me. His second scene may have been my most horrified, Lost moment.

Sorry, I might be dense. Are you saying it's obvious who the boy is or commenting on continuity?

Not kidding though, the notion of a god-like kid is scary to me. His second scene may have been my most horrified, Lost moment.

Not to speak for other posters, but I think the point is that light/dark = Jacob/MIB. Though I thought it was a different kid, they say on the LP forums that it was the same actor playing both scary jungle ghost boys...

Not to speak for other posters, but I think the point is that light/dark = Jacob/MIB. Though I thought it was a different kid, they say on the LP forums that it was the same actor playing both scary jungle ghost boys...

Yes. Or it could be the kid that played a young Anakin Skywalker from Episode I who was frozen in carbonite by George Lucas for use by Lost.

anakin1.jpg

Hmm. I only recall seeing the blonde haired boy. I don't recall any kid with dark hair.

I found this on backstreets and thought it was pretty funny:

THE WILD, THE INNOCENT, & THE DHARMA INITIATIVE

For those watching last night's Lost, Hurley's journey toward reuniting with island soulmate Libby took a decidely "Wild & Innocent" turn. Sitting in a restaurant called Spanish Johnny's, Hurley tells Libby that he thought he'd instead be meeting his blind date: a gal named Rosalita. Coincidence? Absolutely not.

The episode was penned by executive producers and writing partners Eddy Kitsis and Adam Horowitz, with Adam (pictured right) being a longtime Bruce fan. Married with infant twins at home, he makes it to as many shows as possible when Bruce and the band are in L.A. For the past couple of years, he's also been writing the Disney update Tron Legacy, which is set to come out in December. Adam and Eddy also wrote and produced episodes of Felicity, One Tree Hill, and Life as We Know It. When it comes to Lost, you can always know if it's an Adam and Eddy-written episode if it focuses on Hurley. Through the six seasons of Lost, the pair have become the voice of Hurley (Jorge Garcia ) and are very protective of his character.

Want to know what happens at the end of Lost, when it airs its final episode May 23? Good luck with that. Adam's not spilling, no matter how many shows you promise to burn for him.

I caught that right away.

I did too...but, I assumed it was a cosmic coincidence. Even though nothing that happens on that show is a coincidence.

young_jacob_1.jpg

teenage.jpg

Kid.

Looking at these pictures something hit me:

While the episode coming up in a couple of weeks "Across the Sea" is reportedly set in AD23, these boys are wearing MODERN clothes. T-shirts with sewn seams, hooded vests with modern metal buttons.

What does this mean? LOST is all about attention to details. Somehow theses boys, supposedly the analogs to Jacob and the MIB are themselves time travelers.

Even the answers have associated questions

Looking at these pictures something hit me:

While the episode coming up in a couple of weeks "Across the Sea" is reportedly set in AD23, these boys are wearing MODERN clothes. T-shirts with sewn seams, hooded vests with modern metal buttons.

What does this mean? LOST is all about attention to details. Somehow theses boys, supposedly the analogs to Jacob and the MIB are themselves time travelers.

Even the answers have associated questions

Who is to say that there wasn't a Gap then? There's certainly a gap in the logic I might add and I just did.

:stunned

Perhaps we'll see Jacob & MIB time travel to modern day LA and buy these clothes for their younger selves.

Jacob to MIB "Does this make my ass look big?"

MIB "Let's just say that I finally found the loophole"

"You look just like him"

"Does it bother you?"

"No. What bothers me is I don't know what the hell you are.

"Sure you do"

Silence.

I thought this was a bit of a prep episode. Lots of people and arcs rapidly coming together in the alt though, they're practically tripping over one another. I don't think Sayid killed Desmond, and perhaps he was even shaken back into his old self. I'm still not sure how the standoff on the beach is gonna playout, but perhaps Ben and Richard will have something to do with that. The ending was abrupt, but I get the impression that MIB is right where he wants to be, that is with Jack. Not looking forward to a two week wait for the next episode.

I don't consider myself to be too naive, but this show always manages to catch me off-guard... :huh

Is Desmond dead? (I don't think so)

Is Sayid dead? (or un-un-dead?)

Did Jack make yet another poor decision?

Is Claire going to off Kate?

Since Des knows Ilana in the ALT, does that mean Widmore IS on team Jacob? It seems to be playing out that way...

WHO IS DAVID'S MOTHER?!?!?

What role are Ben, Richard and Miles going to play in all this?

And a weird question... did Ben and Desmond ever meet on the island? I can't remember, but I was rewatching that scene where Des runs Locke down in his car, and it occurred to me, I don't think they ever did. Not sure it means anything, just something I was thinking about.