And a weird question... did Ben and Desmond ever meet on the island? I can't remember, but I was rewatching that scene where Des runs Locke down in his car, and it occurred to me, I don't think they ever did. Not sure it means anything, just something I was thinking about.

No...but they definitely met off island. (Ben shot Desmond and Desmond beat the shit out of him)

• Replies 711
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"You look just like him"

"Does it bother you?"

"No. What bothers me is I don't know what the hell you are.

"Sure you do"

Silence.

MIB said that he was indeed Christian, but I still can't believe him. So many people lie on this show. Although, Claire confirmed this. But she's batshit crazy.

Is Desmond dead? (I don't think so) Eh, I don't think he is. If anything he's been like Jacob in the Flash Sideways pushing people together. See Below

Is Sayid dead? (or un-un-dead?) I think Desmond got to him (started to turn him back to somewhat good) with his man to man chat about women. It always works.

Did Jack make yet another poor decision? Nope. I think he's right where he is supposed to be, since 2 week's from now's episode is titled The Candidate. So is Jack both The Last Recruit and The Candidate?

Is Claire going to off Kate? Not before a quick lil make out sesh. :stunned Nope. Honestly.

Since Des knows Ilana in the ALT, does that mean Widmore IS on team Jacob? It seems to be playing out that way...It makes you wonder how Desmond knows Ilana? Friends with benefits? Could be Team Jacob.

WHO IS DAVID'S MOTHER?!?!? I read this on Dark UFO and you will all be surprised. I might have guessed it though otherwise. (hint hint)

What role are Ben, Richard and Miles going to play in all this? They are going to show up at the right time to be killed off in an awesome manner.

Why did Sun recognize John Locke and was afraid of him?! Was it because she was going almost in and out of consciousness? You know,she maybe had a peak into the other side.

Overall, I must say that it was the most fun episode I've seen in a long time. I loved how everyone was coming together. It will be interesting to see what happens. I doubt that if the 815ers make it back to the Flash Sideways world they can cohabit (is that even a word? who cares) the same space a la Timecop. So some folding and closing of wormholes etc needs to be done.

I loved the multi centric format which means that Hurley is the last Original 815er to have a centric episode. The Candidate is not listed as being Jack, so it may continue being multi centric. Across The Sea is a very special episode for the overall mythology. Then the last 3 episodes are all presumably multi centric.

Lastly, I loved the closing juxtaposition of Jack saving Locke and MIB (Locke) saving Jack. It's also interesting to note that Jack is becoming more of a man of faith in both timelines apparently.

Best quote: "Then that pilot that looks like he just walked off of the set of some old Burt Reynolds movie." - Sawyer. :thumbup

Guest Ordinary Beehive

MIB said that he was indeed Christian, but I still can't believe him. So many people lie on this show. Although, Claire confirmed this. But she's batshit crazy.

As soon as it was revealed that Locke was now MIB (in the Season 5 finale), it become apparent that Christian was also MIB all along. And now they had the characters come right out and explain it. And yet you still don't believe it?!?!?

As soon as it was revealed that Locke was now MIB (in the Season 5 finale), it become apparent that Christian was also MIB all along. And now they had the characters come right out and explain it. And yet you still don't believe it?!?!?

Not really. There was still debate on here and Dark UFO and Lostpedia that there was in fact a 3rd entity yet to be revealed. Not everyone bought into this, but it did have some steam as a theory.

Who is to say that what he is saying is true? Like I said how many times have we been lied to before on this show and in other films, tv shows in general. (The characters are talking to other characters to get what they want etc. They don't care about directly addressing the audience with "an answer" to the multitude of questions on this show. Well, except for last week when Michael had to explain what the "Whispers" were to Hurley who has been the proxy for the audience since day 1.) The fact that Jack is now back on the beach with MIB after he told him that "Yep, Jackie Boy that was me parading around as your Pops telling you where to find water." still seems a bit manipulative to me.

How much of what Jacob & MIB said is still questionable? Who has the Lighthouse? Who has the Cave? It all depends on who you believe.

And take this example that is fragmented in my head: Weren't MIB as Christian (?), Jacob (before we saw Mark Pellegrino), & Claire all in the Cabin? If this is true then it seems odd, since MIB & Jacob hate each other. Or was it Locke, MIB as Christian (?) & Claire?

I wonder if the OP of these photos is assuming/asserting that Jack will be the new Richard against Locke's MIB?

I wonder if the OP of these photos is assuming/asserting that Jack will be the new Richard against Locke's MIB?

Yeah. I would think that if these similarities were intentionally there then that's what the purpose of it would be, but I'm not sure how much I agree with that.

Figured I'd bump this so it will be a little bit easier to find for next week.

It is lame that it wasn't a new episode last night. Anyway, how many left? 3 and then the 2 hour finale?

Well...it was the normal time they take a little break. I was halfway expecting a recap type episode.

Was I the only one totally blown that by the parallels? Jack back for the island instead of Sawyer jumping back for the island? Or how about Jack surviving the explosion and finding MIB like Claire in season 4?

Tonight is a UGE episode!

Prepare to come back here and discuss it.

I read some spoilers last week about tonight, but luckily I had a concussion at the perfect time.....peas don't make it a boring soup!!

Tonight is a UGE episode!

Prepare to come back here and discuss it.

I read some spoilers last week about tonight, but luckily I had a concussion at the perfect time.....peas don't make it a boring soup!!

Certainly going out with a bang and not a whimper.

Whoa

Why did Sun and Jin have to die and Kate live? This pisses me off to no end.

Ditto. Shoot Kate close to the heart= near-death but fine and dandy minutes later. Sun pinned by big thing=initially saved, but somehow improbably pinned by other...stuff.

I'm sure you've all heard that the original title of this show was "The Circle". Obviously, MIB is trying to break this circle or cycle to get off the island. How amazing was the symbolism of the bomb and Sawyer breaking the circuit or "circle" as MIB wished. Am I giving the producers too much credit, or was that intentional?

About symbolism in last night's episode.