• Replies 711
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't have cable right now, so I'm going to have to wait until tomorrow when I can watch online. It's KILLING me!!!!!

I am not too happy that the night and time changed. I am out and about on Tuesday evenings, and I will be lucky if I get home by 9pm every Tuesday.

I am not too happy that the night and time changed. I am out and about on Tuesday evenings, and I will be lucky if I get home by 9pm every Tuesday.

I'm still trying to figure out why ABC would change the night for the LAST season? I mean, really, the show's gonna be over in 5 months, why change it up now?

And it's still killing me that I'm not watching LOST right now... :realmad

Not bad.

Yea - it use to be only when a show as about to be canceled that it was moved.

I wonder if there is a place online somewhere that is streaming a feed of the show? Maybe not exactly legal, but there could be a site out there somewhere that is streaming the show.

You can't fool The Smoke Monster.

Anyone watching the recap? Best part so far:

"Jacob had visited members of Oceanic 815 at key moments in their lives"

1. John Locke's crippling fall from the building

2. Jin and Sun's wedding

3. giving Jack a candybar that was stuck in the machine. Jack at his greatest moment of self doubt.

REALLY fixed it for you

Carlton Cuse & Damon Lindelof just announced on Jimmy Kimmel that the Season Finale will air on SUNDAY May 23rd.

I'll have my thoughts on tonight's show in a bit. I'll be sure to use a spoiler function.

Carlton Cuse & Damon Lindelof just announced on Jimmy Kimmel that the Season Finale will air on SUNDAY May 23rd.

I'll have my thoughts on tonight's show in a bit. I'll be sure to use a spoiler function.

Sunday? Why a Sunday?

Ah well, I'm still pissed that I haven't seen the premiere yet... :realmad :realmad :realmad

No one has said anything yet! Why?

Perhaps that was a lot to take in and we all had to give it a bit.

From Lostpedia...

* Shannon did not return to Los Angeles with Boone.

* Locke tells Boone he went on the walkabout, though whether he went in his wheelchair or if he is lying is unclear.

* Jack appeared nervous, rather than Rose.

* Cindy gave Jack one bottle of alcohol, instead of two.

* Hurley declared he had great luck.

* Charlie choked on his heroin, nearly suffocating, rather than dropping it in the toilet.

* Christian's body's location becomes unknown, rather than being on the plane as expected upon arrival in LAX.

* Desmond is on the flight.

* Neither Desmond nor Jack recall having previously met at the stadium, which suggests the event may not have happened in this timeline.

* Bernard returns from the bathroom.

* Locke's suitcase of knives was not found with the other luggage.

* Bernard uses the restroom toward the front of the plane. Originally he was with the tail section.

* The Dharma shark is still alive.

* The Island is underwater.

* Sun and Jin are not married. This is evident by Sun being referred to as Ms. Paik, rather than Mrs. Kwon, and Jin can be seen to not be wearing his wedding ring.

* None of the characters are sitting in the seat numbers they were sitting in on the original flight. On the original flight, the main characters were sitting in seat numbers matching The Numbers. For instance, Jack, Rose and Bernard can all be seen sitting in aisle 24 instead of aisle 23.

From Lostpedia...

* Shannon did not return to Los Angeles with Boone. - And how about Walt and Micheal?

* Locke tells Boone he went on the walkabout, though whether he went in his wheelchair or if he is lying is unclear. - this is going to be big. Is it really Locke or is it the MIB? The writers have us questioning everything.

* Jack appeared nervous, rather than Rose.

* Cindy gave Jack one bottle of alcohol, instead of two.

* Hurley declared he had great luck.

* Charlie choked on his heroin, nearly suffocating, rather than dropping it in the toilet.

* Christian's body's location becomes unknown, rather than being on the plane as expected upon arrival in LAX.

* Desmond is on the flight. - I have my doubts Desmond was really on the plane.

* Neither Desmond nor Jack recall having previously met at the stadium, which suggests the event may not have happened in this timeline. - I think there was a twinge of remembrance. It took them a while to recognize each other origionally, didn't it? Maybe Desmond didn't go on the round-the-world boat trip, so didn't train.

* Bernard returns from the bathroom.

* Locke's suitcase of knives was not found with the other luggage.

* Bernard uses the restroom toward the front of the plane. Originally he was with the tail section.

* The Dharma shark is still alive. - missed that! Funny.

* The Island is underwater.

* Sun and Jin are not married. This is evident by Sun being referred to as Ms. Paik, rather than Mrs. Kwon, and Jin can be seen to not be wearing his wedding ring. - REALLY? WTF?! I think the watch is going to be seen again.

* None of the characters are sitting in the seat numbers they were sitting in on the original flight. On the original flight, the main characters were sitting in seat numbers matching The Numbers. For instance, Jack, Rose and Bernard can all be seen sitting in aisle 24 instead of aisle 23. - hum.....

Not sure I agree with all those statements. See above. Hum..... Did enjoy the wild theories on Lostpedia. Also, is it really a spoiler if the episode has already aired?

Some other thoughts:

• MIB and smoke monster are one and the same, Kind of guessed this, but WOW!
  • It was implied that Richard was a prisoner or slave on the Black Rock. Although, MIB could have been referring to figurative "chains".
  • I wish they would have showed some of the other dead minor characters on the flight. Libby, Mr. Ecko, Ana Lucia, Nikki and Paulo. It was nice to see Frogurt and Arzt though.
  • the last scene at LAX with Jack and Locke was great.
  • can't wait to see how the two timelines converge
  • we still have no idea who Ilana is
  • Great to see the ash rings again.
  • We saw another one of Jacob's "lists"

Guest Runaway Jim

My main thoughts after the episode, which I'll probably watch again tonight.

Juliet said "it worked" - What the fuck?

Is Sayid now Jacob? Or the MIB? Or is he just still Sayid?

Did Richard come on the Black Rock then?

This is going to be so fun.

See thoughts inside the spoiler tag

Juliet said "it worked" - What the fuck? - also wander about the "get some coffee" comment. Maybe she will hook up with Sawyer for cofee in the alt. timeline.

Is Sayid now Jacob? Or the MIB? Or is he just still Sayid? - I say he's still Sayid, but is now the leader of the Others.

Did Richard come on the Black Rock then? - My guess is yes.

This is going to be so fun.

I’ve been sort of playing with the idea that the diverging timelines are related to the Schrodinger’s Cat theory, which, after attempting to explain it myself, and failing, could thus be summed up using someone else’s much more lucid explanation:

There aren't two timelines or parallel dimensions or alternate realities happening on Lost. Remember the Single Timeline Theory, Course Correction and all of that? Keep that in mind because it's all going to go back to it. The question is which Course it is going to be Corrected to in the end.

Many people are at least familiar in passing with the thought experiment in quantum physics devised by Erwin Schrödinger in 1935. For those who aren't the short version is that a cat is placed in a box with a vial of poison and a timer set to release the poison when the decay of a radioactive isotope has reached a predetermined level, something which is can only be known by quantum possibility. (I have always found Herr Schrödinger to be rather seedy to be theorizing about cats in this manner, but then he did speak out against Nazism even before the Anschluss, when Hitler annexed his native Austria into the Greater German Reich and he had to flee to Ireland, so he wasn't a bad guy all the way around.)

When thus the point where the half-life of the isotope indicates that there is an equal possibility if the vial being breached or not we have the Schrödinger's Cat scenario, to whit there is no way without checking to determine if the cat is alive or dead. Therefore the cat can be stated to have the quantum state of being both alive and dead at the same time.

And that's where we are with Lost. One timeline, one universe, one dimension. They are both in LA in 2004 and on the island in 2008, the island is both submerged and above the waves. It's a quantum state where both are true. However, only one will resolve, and that's where we get back to Course Correction.

In the Schrödinger's Cat thought experiment the experimenter resolves the state by opening the box, looking to see whether Kitty is alive or dead. On Lost someone is going to have to open the box. But what is the box and how does someone open it to look inside?

Link - http://www.losttv-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=65338

More info related to Mr. Schrodinger’s (very confusing) Theory - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schr%C3%B6dinger's_cat

Edit: To further clarify, my view of this whole time travel/alternate dimension thing can best be explained using the Many World’s Interpretation of Schrödinger’s theory – from wikipedia:

The quantum-mechanical "Schrödinger's cat" paradox according to the many-worlds interpretation. In this interpretation every event is a branch point; the cat is both alive and dead, irrespective of whether the box is opened, but the "alive" and "dead" cats are in different branches of the universe, both of which are equally real, but which cannot interact with each other.

So when Juliette says, “It worked” she’s referring to the branching off point, i.e. that the nuclear device exploded, creating the fork illustrated by the episode’s diverging realities. Now, in Schrödinger’s world, the two branching paths cannot interact, but in the world of Lost, I think they can – hence Charlie’s declaration to the effect of, “I was supposed to die.” and the fact that Jack sort of remembered meeting Desmond. Keeping with the whole “free will” theme, I think that at some point, the Losties will be given a choice between continuing their lives as if the plane never exploded, or the branching reality in which they end up on the island – or, perhaps some event will always lead to their arrival on the island, as that particular fate is unavoidable.

No one has said anything yet! Why?

That's what I'm wondering. Getting ready to watch online now, I have been waiting MONTHS for this moment!!! Because of my inability to stay off the internet last night, I know this much (I refuse to use spoiler tags as the episode has already aired):

Juliet is dead. :realmad :realmad :realmad

Sayid is dead (or is he?).

The island is underwater.

Desmond was on the plane. :blink

Shannon was NOT on the plane.

MIB = smoky.

Nah, I don't get too concerned about being "spoiled"... :lol

Juliet is dead. :realmad :realmad :realmad

I saw a commercial last night (during Lost) for the new version of V. The preview seemed to feature Erica Evans (Elizabeth Mitchell). So I guess that means we won't see her again.

Are people really surprised the MIB is Smokey? No one else assumed that following Season 5?

Nope. It's good storytelling that they resolved that in the 1st episode of this new season.

My thoughts are this: MIB is the "good" guy and Jacob is the "bad guy". Remember in Season 1 where Locke looks at the Smoke Monster and he comments on how beautiful it was, well it doesn't make sense if the MIB wanted world wide destruction. I don't think that everything is black and white in regards to good and evil and I think that's what Lost is really about and showing. (remember when Jacob visits Hurley? Isn't he decked out in black as opposed to his white outfit on the island in the finale from last year?) This is what Watchmen did and Lindelof is a huge fan of it and even said way back that it was a huge influence on Lost.

Also, it seems that MIB is a prisoner on the island. Although, he was "INSIDE" the Temple back when young Rousseau and her team were beat up by it. And now he is trying to be kept "OUTSIDE" of it by ash.

Where exactly is his "home"? Is it the Temple? Is it heaven or hell? Was he also on some type of slave ship a la Richard? Remember all 3 guys seem to be wearing similar garb (which I guess passes as Pirate garb? Edit: Meaning are the Jacob & MIB that we saw actually "demi-Gods" in these guys' bodies and thus explaining the wardrobe? It could be.Ok. LOL Meaning that we haven't seen the true form of Jacob and MIB, although Hurley saw the "ghost" of Jacob who appeared to be Jacob that we know.) And by the "rules" of the show why couldn't he take the form of one of the original dead castaways or anyone else "fully" to kill Jacob?

Is it coincidence that there are now 3 John Lockes on the show? Hmm. There's really no one else on the show with that. I understand that 2007 Island Locke is actually MIB, but why didn't he just assume the body of the dead Locke? Why did he assume his identity in a different being?

So then does this make Sayid Jacob? Probably not if you go by the rule that there should be a dead Sayid laying around and a "new" one walking around.

Also, I loved the wink wink of the premiere date on Groundhog's Day! Wasn't that cool and fitting considering what we just saw.

Interestingly enough May 23rd is a significant date in Bahai'i Faith. From good old Wiki (which is helpful for Lost) The Bahá'í Faith is a monotheistic religion founded by Bahá'u'lláh in nineteenth-century Persia, emphasizing the spiritual unity of all humankind. In the Bahá'í Faith, religious history is seen to have unfolded through a series of divine messengers, each of whom established a religion that was suited to the needs of the time and the capacity of the people. These messengers have included Abraham, Buddha, Jesus, Muhammad and others, and most recently Bahá'u'lláh. In Bahá'í belief, each consecutive messenger prophesied of messengers to follow, and Bahá'u'lláh's life and teachings fulfilled the end-time promises of previous scriptures. Humanity is understood to be in a process of collective evolution, and the need of the present time is for the gradual establishment of peace, justice and unity on a global scale.

I really recommend reading Doc Jensen's articles over at EW.com. And also hitting up DarkUFO for in-depth analysis from Erika, Luhks, & Vozzek. Some things cross my mind and with the help of everyone dissecting the show we're understanding it. Isn't that what Lost is? A bunch of people coming together for a common goal? That which we don't know yet, of course. :pirate

Yeah, no one saw anything this morning on here because THERE'S TOO MUCH SHIT TO DISCUSS. I didn't even go over Juliet's "It worked." By tonight I will. If you made it this far. Edit Part Trois: Speaking of Juliet, is she in the same boat as Desmond now that she was in such close proximity to the explosion? And speaking of Desmond where the hell did he disappear to? And why was he so happy? Is Penny in his life or someone else? More on that in a bit.

As far as the X in the L A X title, comic books used to use "X" as an indicator of a parallel universe to tell a story. DC Comics created so many "Earths" that they decided to destroy most of them in the mini-series classic of the 80s Crisis On Infinite Earths.

Ok! So! I guess we will not use spoiler tags for an episode that has already aired.

Anyways, Sayid coming back from the dead was interesting. One of two things happened. Ben was shot (by Sayid... Sayid was shot by Ben's dad, hm) and taken by Richard to the temple where he "would never be the same", then he becomes the leader of the Others is all sorts of evil. So is Sayid now evil? Is he the leader of The Others? Or did Jacob want him taken to the temple, because he wanted to enter his body like his enemy entered Locke's dead body. That could be why the water was a different colour! Hm!

Ok! So! I guess we will not use spoiler tags for an episode that has already aired.

Anyways, Sayid coming back from the dead was interesting. One of two things happened. Ben was shot (by Sayid... Sayid was shot by Ben's dad, hm) and taken by Richard to the temple where he "would never be the same", then he becomes the leader of the Others is all sorts of evil. So is Sayid now evil? Is he the leader of The Others? Or did Jacob want him taken to the temple, because he wanted to enter his body like his enemy entered Locke's dead body. That could be why the water was a different colour! Hm!

Does torturing a beautiful woman for info not count as evil?

I know what you mean though I'm just trying to prove my theory above in "spoiler" tags.