There that's better. :monkey

Edit: Actually, I resorted to that since I don't know what BJ and The Bear is.

bj_and_the_bear.jpg

• Replies 711
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For a second I thought that was Kristy McNichol.

Just to be clear, not the monkey, the other one.

Greg Evigan...you might remember him from the classic American Television Series My Two Dads...or Melrose Place.

Or even TEK WAR.

1 somewhat juicy tidbit regarding tonight's episode. It's not really a spoiler, but I'll list it as one anyways.

Ok....

In tonight's final 10 minutes we will now know where this season is heading (what direction)

It's said to be an amazing 10 minutes.

1 somewhat juicy tidbit regarding tonight's episode. It's not really a spoiler, but I'll list it as one anyways.

Ok....

In tonight's final 10 minutes we will now know where this season is heading (what direction)

It's said to be an amazing 10 minutes.

I just hope the snow holds off enough until 10 to not cover up my dish.

Thumbs down to this episode. Kate episodes are never great, but this touched Lost-parody way too many times (Jack grabs Kate's arm: "Be careful", piano music chimes in). WTF moments felt unearned, and I nearly yelled at the screen every time Dogen wasted time with his shifty eyes when he has splaining to do.

Guest Runaway Jim

That's a great quote in your signature.

I agree that this episode wasn't great, but there are usually a few down episodes a season. I was a bit annoyed that it took like a half hour to find out the pill was poison, which I assumed from the get-go. Dumb.

So Claire is the new Rousseau, huh?

I respectfully disagree with tongue-tied & Runaway Jim. I think it set the table for the rest of the season in subtle ways. Although, upon first viewing I thought it was a little bit disappointing. But I went through it in my head and changed my mind.

The big reveal that I thought was huge was the fact that Ethan is alive. This means that somehow his parents Horace & Amy got off the Island before it sank. According to Lostpedia Ethan was born in 1977. So this leaves open that Daniel Faraday, Penny, Charlotte, etc. can be alive in the ALT Timeline. And Ben of course.

Secondly, and most of all is the word "claimed"! Hmm.. Are Claire and Christian "claimed"? It almost sounds like they're being claimed in a chess/backgammon type of game to be played out in some metaphysical terms.

Third, (the WTF ?!!! Section) how did Claire know to scream out Aaron? What was with that look that Jack gave Kate in the cab and the look back that she gave him? Was it just from meeting each other on the plane or something more? Kate's reaction to the black & white whale was something too. Also, the whole scene in the hospital felt/seemed very deja vu for both of them. Unless, if Kate's wheels were spinning in her head to take Aaron off of Claire.

I liked the episode. But I'm easy to please... :D Though I'm not sold on the rumor that the last 10 minutes held the key to the season... :P

I thought Josh Holloway did a great job. That scene on the dock broke my heart. In your face, Kate!!

So Claire is the new Rousseau, huh?

That's exactly what I came here to post... :lol

I personally thought it was a pretty great episode. Obviously, it didn't reach episode-of-the-series heights like "The Constant" and wasn't as packed full of information as the premiere. The absence of the Locke story was a bit frustrating, but there were some great scenes.

Josh Holloway's acting on that dock scene was quite a moving display of range, showing off Sawyer's newfound emotional maturity. I also liked how Kate stares in the mirror a la Jack in the premiere. Hmm.... The Jack/Sayid scenes were great too. I especially liked Sayid's Han Solo-esque return from the torture table: "They didn't even ask any questions."

Yeah, the episode was slow moving, but it seems to be setting up a pretty exciting Locke episode next week (Also digging the parallel centricities to the first season). In the context of the series as a whole, I think this episode will be looked back upon more favourably.

Guest Runaway Jim

I certainly don't mean to imply that I didn't like the episode. But it was a bit of a "setup" episode, and those usually aren't my favorite.

It makes sense that Ethan would be alive in the new 2004 timeline. Before the H-bomb, they had begun to evacuate the island per Faraday's plea, and perhaps Amy and/or Horace hopped on the sub with Ethan. But of course, it's strange that he would wind up being Claire's doctor, considering the events of Season 1.

I think we're going to get a lot of those deja vu-ish moments in the new 2004 timeline, where characters seem to almost recognize one another. And I'm sure they'll start to make sense the further along we get.

I would agree that Josh Holloway's scenes were great. Sawyer has always been my favorite character.

I certainly don't mean to imply that I didn't like the episode. But it was a bit of a "setup" episode, and those usually aren't my favorite.

I agree it was a set-up episode. I was just disappointed they did this so soon after the premiere.

It makes sense that Ethan would be alive in the new 2004 timeline. Before the H-bomb, they had begun to evacuate the island per Faraday's plea, and perhaps Amy and/or Horace hopped on the sub with Ethan.

Bingo.

I was disappointed in the lack of interesting action for Miles. What's his point any more? Will his story come around this season? Or is he just there to crack the jokes that Hurley and Sawyer used to crack and get people water/help bury bodies? I did enjoy that "we'll be in the food court" and "Yeah, didn't you hear, Hurley's in charge now." lines.

Also, how do any of the 1977 characters know about the Ajira flight landing? Kind of a plot whole there.

From the Lostpedia forums, Didn't Rousseau shock Sayid back in her shelter? Was she trying to figure out if he had the sickness? Who has "claimed" Sayid? Was Ben put in the pool back in 1977? Was he claimed? Was Richard?

Also, how do any of the 1977 characters know about the Ajira flight landing? Kind of a plot whole there.

When they first got to the temple Cindy mentioned they were from the first plane. I would assume they took that to mean the second place, the one they had been on, landed on the island sans them.

I don't think Lost or any other TV show will ever top the brilliance that was The Constant. That episode was beyond amazing.

I agree, I still get choked up with that episode.

I am wondering what the animosity is between Richard and the man in black? It appears that Richard actually fears the man in black. I'm pretty sure that Richard's alliance to Jacob has something to do it, but there's probably something more to it as well.

I am just really excited that Claire is back! Lost is just not Lost without Claire, crazy or not.

Guest Runaway Jim

I was disappointed in the lack of interesting action for Miles. What's his point any more? Will his story come around this season? Or is he just there to crack the jokes that Hurley and Sawyer used to crack and get people water/help bury bodies? I did enjoy that "we'll be in the food court" and "Yeah, didn't you hear, Hurley's in charge now." lines.

From the Lostpedia forums, Didn't Rousseau shock Sayid back in her shelter? Was she trying to figure out if he had the sickness? Who has "claimed" Sayid? Was Ben put in the pool back in 1977? Was he claimed? Was Richard?

Miles might seem like he's just Hurley's new buddy, but he'll play a role down the line. He wouldn't be there if he was unimportant. And I assume his role will have something to do with his gift. Maybe he can tell who has been "claimed". He did have a weird look on his face when Sayid was "dead", but of course, he kept what he was thinking to himself.

As for Ben, I don't think he was claimed. I think he was put in the pool and healed. Where as Sayid was not healed and died, because the water was no longer clear because it was possibly stained with Jacob's blood??? That was my initial thought.

I am wondering what the animosity is between Richard and the man in black? It appears that Richard actually fears the man in black. I'm pretty sure that Richard's alliance to Jacob has something to do it, but there's probably something more to it as well.

I don't know if it's necessary to "spoiler" this, as it's just a theory, but I'm going to play it safe...

There is speculation that Richard was a slave on the Black Rock ("nice to see you out of those chains") and that the MIB was responsible for freeing him. Somehow though Richard ended up following Jacob, hence pissing off the MIB.

It was neat to see Jeff Kober playing a minor role.

Yeah! It took me a minute to figure out who it was. I recognized him and it was driving me crazy I couldn't place him. I think the last time I saw him was on Law & Order SVU, and he was thinner and less gray... :lol

I don't know if it's necessary to "spoiler" this, as it's just a theory, but I'm going to play it safe...

There is speculation that Richard was a slave on the Black Rock ("nice to see you out of those chains") and that the MIB was responsible for freeing him. Somehow though Richard ended up following Jacob, hence pissing off the MIB.

Yeah! It took me a minute to figure out who it was. I recognized him and it was driving me crazy I couldn't place him. I think the last time I saw him was on Law & Order SVU, and he was thinner and less gray... :lol

I could not think of his name. I just know him as the dude from China Beach.

It was neat to see Jeff Kober playing a minor role.

I thought for a minute it was Everett McGill.

Anyone notice Mac from It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia as the guard?! I LOLed everytime he was on screen... secretly hoping Charlie and Dennis would appear.

Enjoyed the episode, good to see Claire back, interesting to see her so much like Rousseau though. Obviously that first trap they found was Claires. Was Rousseau claimed like Claire?