pearl jam - backspacer

i can't remember the titles - aren't there only 2 more acoustic based tracks - those.

his voice sounds like it always has on the more rocking songs, but it sounds different on that.

maybe it is a different voice - i never heard the Into the Wild stuff.

maybe all of it sounds like that.

there are some odd - unnatural vocal sounds to me.

I've heard some people complain about the way he is singing on Just Breathe but I never heard anyone mention auto-tune, and I'm certainly not hearing it. I actually like that song quite a bit though, his vocals don't bug me at all.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've heard some people complain about the way he is singing on Just Breathe but I never heard anyone mention auto-tune, and I'm certainly not hearing it. I actually like that song quite a bit though, his vocals don't bug me at all.

does it sound just like that live?

it's not Auto-Tune T-Pain style obviously, but it's original use was to be "unnoticable" and correct minor pitch problems.

his vocals just don't sound like that in any instance that i've ever heard.

some people change their voice - like Dylan would - but it seems weird for Ed to do it on one song.

does it sound just like that live?

it's not Auto-Tune T-Pain style obviously, but it's original use was to be "unnoticable" and correct minor pitch problems.

his vocals just don't sound like that in any instance that i've ever heard.

some people change their voice - like Dylan would - but it seems weird for Ed to do it on one song.

I understand the origins of autotune and can normally pick it out. Most pop albums during the 90's to now use it. I don't really hear it on ed's vocals. I've never heard the song live so I can't comment on that.

After listening again I don't really even hear THAT much of a difference in the vocals. It's a different kind of melody than I'm used to hearing him sing, and it's a ballad so he's not screaming like in The Fixer. I'm not intimately familiar with Into The Wind but from what I remember this is the same delivery he uses for those songs.