I and Love and You (vinyl)

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Gleam EP's are the Avett's best work bar none (especially the first one, all 5 of those songs are in my top 10 Avett Bros songs), then Mignonette for me.

I too love the Gleam Ep's. I think those are intended to show the softer/acoustic side and not as much the rambunctious side, but they do the soft/acoustic thing really well. I'd agree that "Sanguine" "When I Drink" "If It Is The Beaches" "Murdered In The City" "St. Joseph" are top 10 Avett songs.

I too love the Gleam Ep's. I think those are intended to show the softer/acoustic side and not as much the rambunctious side, but they do the soft/acoustic thing really well. I'd agree that "Sanguine" "When I Drink" "If It Is The Beaches" "Murdered In The City" "St. Joseph" are top 10 Avett songs.

I know I am in the minority but never have ranked "Murder in The City" or "When I Drink" as fav. Avett songs. I like both songs but compared to "Beaches" and "St. Joesph" they don't stack up. I like both Gleams but rock other Avett"s way more often.

Didn't know all about the other releases and figured they were "new"! Little did I know - should have done my homework! Hoping to find a good book and just picked up the Gleam's, A Carolina Jubilee, and Emotionalism. Gonna give 'em a listen in just a little bit! Looking forward to it!