Gibson Guitars

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh really? how about this?

picture-49.jpg

"to each his own" and all, but I doubt there will every be a day when I am more than a casual Dinosaur Jr listener....

Either way I'm just not a Gibson guy, for the most part I dislike everything about their guitars (ascetically that is). My glaring exception being SGs

"to each his own" and all, but I doubt there will every be a day when I am more than a casual Dinosaur Jr listener....

Either way I'm just not a Gibson guy, for the most part I dislike everything about their guitars (ascetically that is). My glaring exception being SGs

Aesthetically? you for real? each to their own for sure... but cmon...

1965_Gibson_ES-330TDC.jpg

3220254346_eefbd06a4b.jpg

Humminbird.JPG

:)

Aesthetically? you for real? each to their own for sure... but cmon...

1965_Gibson_ES-330TDC.jpg

3220254346_eefbd06a4b.jpg

Humminbird.JPG

:)

I should clarity, electrics lol

Now, I despise the look of most double cut-a-ways, especially semi hollow body double cut-a-ways.

Hummingbirds are pretty beautiful though

oh really? how about this?

picture-49.jpg

I have an old guitar magazine with an interview with J. Mascis and Thurston Moore. J. ends the interview by saying "never play a guitar with humbuckers". I wonder what it is about THAT monstrosity that gave him a change of heart.

I have an old guitar magazine with an interview with J. Mascis and Thurston Moore. J. ends the interview by saying "never play a guitar with humbuckers". I wonder what it is about THAT monstrosity that gave him a change of heart.

Don't you know that when you flip a guitar body upside down, humbuckers turn into single coils? Duhh, its like how our winter is Austrailia's summer!

Don't you know that when you flip a guitar body upside down, humbuckers turn into single coils? Duhh, its like how our winter is Austrailia's summer!

Oh yeah, I forgot you could do that. :stunned

• 1 month later...

...and Fender is a money grubbing corporation who bought Gretsch and is cheapening that brand. hopefully they won't run it into the ground completely like they did with Guild (note to self:check yer facts here). Vintage guitars are too expensive. Asian guitars are unethical. What is there left to play?

I don't think FMIC is cheapening the Gretsch brand at all. If anything, they are trying to restore the brand. The Baldwin era really crushed the Gretsch brand. Just take a gander at the gretsch pages forum and you'll see how much praise post FMIC gretsches are getting. There is a lot of growing interest in the brand.

I've never had my hands on a Guild vintage or new (I'd love a vintage Aristocrat). So I can't comment on those, but I get giddy each time I get my hands on a new Gretsch....

Gibson...I imagine some are nice. I have a sweet mid 90's Les Paul studio...but I haven't played another Gibson that felt as good since.

I don't think FMIC is cheapening the Gretsch brand at all. If anything, they are trying to restore the brand. The Baldwin era really crushed the Gretsch brand. Just take a gander at the gretsch pages forum and you'll see how much praise post FMIC gretsches are getting. There is a lot of growing interest in the brand.

I've never had my hands on a Guild vintage or new (I'd love a vintage Aristocrat). So I can't comment on those, but I get giddy each time I get my hands on a new Gretsch....

yeah, I know...I do own two myself...I love 'em

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...