The latest Ryan Adams thread V2.0

Ryan posted on his Twitter that his new album (Glyn Johns produced) will be out later this year. Apparently it will be pretty stripped down (always a good thing for him) and that he has another record ready along with Blackhole as well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 745
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A couple weeks ago, I received an email from the Ryan Adams organization, promoting what appears to be Ryan covering Springsteen’s Nebraska, which I am very interested in hearing, and new tour dates,

• 4 weeks later...

Newish song:

And news about the new record?

http://raritiesandb-sides.blogspot.com/2011/07/ryan-adams-to-release-new-studio-album.html

"Ashes & Fire is set to include 12 country-rock songs, and will feature Tom Petty And The Heartbreakers' organist Benmont Tench and guest co-vocalist Norah Jones, who Adams has previously worked with on ...Featuring, Jones' 2010 compilation album. The album was produced by Glyn Johns, who has worked with the likes of The Who and The Rolling Stones. His son, fellow producer Ethan Johns, previously worked with Adams' band Whiskeytown back in the late 90s. "

"Ashes & Fire is set to include 12 country-rock songs, and will feature Tom Petty And The Heartbreakers' organist Benmont Tench and guest co-vocalist Norah Jones, who Adams has previously worked with on ...Featuring, Jones' 2010 compilation album. The album was produced by Glyn Johns, who has worked with the likes of The Who and The Rolling Stones. His son, fellow producer Ethan Johns, previously worked with Adams' band Whiskeytown back in the late 90s. "

this gives me hope!

It sounds pretty promising. A couple UK magazines that have an advance copy said it's his best in 10 years. I really just hope he put together a concise solid 12 song record, really that's pretty much all we want from him at this point.

It sounds pretty promising. A couple UK magazines that have an advance copy said it's his best in 10 years. I really just hope he put together a concise solid 12 song record, really that's pretty much all we want from him at this point.

i like the song too. i only love a handful of his songs. i'd go for a solid 8-10 song record:)

Something like 48 Hours or 29 would be awesome. I love the raw feel to those records, and he hasn't really done anything like that in a while. That said, I do like the new song quite a bit and am eagerly looking forward to hearing the rest of the album.

Yes, a concise and solid record would be great. You have to wade through some mediocre songs to hear the couple of gems in III/VI.

From today's AV Club:

http://www.avclub.com/articles/new-ryan-adams-album-set-for-release-oct-11,60265/

We recently reported that Ryan Adams had ended his so-called hiatus and was at work on a new album with legendary classic-rock producer Glyn Johns. Now that album, titled Ashes & Fire, has an official release date of Oct. 11, via Adams' label PAX-AM and Capitol Records . The full tracklist is below:

Dirty Rain

Ashes & Fire

Come Home

Rocks

Do I Wait

Chains Of Love

Invisible Riverside

Save Me

Kindness

Lucky Now

I Love You But I Don't Know What To Say