The latest Ryan Adams thread V2.0

• Replies 745
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A couple weeks ago, I received an email from the Ryan Adams organization, promoting what appears to be Ryan covering Springsteen’s Nebraska, which I am very interested in hearing, and new tour dates,

Yeah, he's 40 for god's sake.  Get over it.  He could've been great, but I just cannot get over his shtick.

I have the same problem with him. Just brush the goddamn hair out of your eyes so you can see! "Cousin It" made me laugh out loud.

... because jeff tweedy is the epitome of clean cut? i recognize that he might be working a certain look, but i'm not sure how that has anything to do with his songwriting.

... because jeff tweedy is the epitome of clean cut? i recognize that he might be working a certain look, but i'm not sure how that has anything to do with his songwriting.

Of course it has nothing to do with his songwriting! But the persona he's putting out there is off-putting to some, apparently.

Jeff is nothing if not humbly self-effacing, including referring to his own "look," which is decidedly scruffy in recent years. But not calculatedly so, unlike Ryan's.

JT wears on stage what he wore to shovel snow that morning.  DRA has to make sure he has enough hair spray so that his hair stays in his face.  Not to mention his perfect fitting jeans and jean jacket and his very calculated stances and moves on stage.  Which is with Ryan Adams, the songs or the character?  They don't fit together, at least not to me.

JT wears on stage what he wore to shovel snow that morning.  DRA has to make sure he has enough hair spray so that his hair stays in his face.  Not to mention his perfect fitting jeans and jean jacket and his very calculated stances and moves on stage.  Which is with Ryan Adams, the songs or the character?  They don't fit together, at least not to me.

z0xVqc2.png?1

Jeff Tweedy, effortless rock star; Ryan Adams, poser. 

This is pretty silly.

Ryan Adams is Rick Moranis' alter ego. 

Ha, some of the new album reminds me of Bryan Adams too. I was wondering if anyone else was thinking the same thing. I do enjoy the album though. It's not my favorite of his but it's still solid.

Hahahah... I had the same thought. Ryan Adams has never sounded more like Bryan Adams then on this new record. All he needs to do is make a music video of him lip syncing in the bottom of a pool

Around 4p.m. EST as part of Apple's iTunes Festival you can watch Ryan Adams live from London's Roundhouse. 

I have Robert Plant's show playing off of my Apple TV in the background. I'm not sure how the streaming quality will be, but this looks and sounds amazing. It really sucked for the iPhone 6 Launch on September 9th. 

http://www.setlist.fm/venue/roundhouse-london-england-2bd6d0d2.html?page=4

These are the setlists for these iTunes Festival shows including opening acts which can be accessed at any time now. 

I really like the new album. The flow works better for me by switching tracks 3 & 8. Shadows sounds like 80's U2 to me. His vocals sound like Bono.

The Jacksonville 7" has 3 songs unrelated to the self-titled. 2 are basically what most people would categorize his music to be. The 3rd sounds like a joke studio improv. It makes me laugh though.

• 3 months later...

I'd never want to wish the pain and misery that divorce must bring onto someone.... but if this experience means we get another Heartbreaker....

But seriously, DRA is pumping out new material at an alarming rate as of lately. Wish he'd just have some sort of subscription for all of the 7"s that he's been putting out. It's been getting expensive!

• 5 months later...

I've been obsessing over the solo Carnegie Hall shows. Between the set lists, the excellent recording, and the banter... these are a real treasure. The vinyl box sets, which were pressed in 2 limited runs, has started showing up for reasonable prices online, and I've even seen the 6LP set in a local record store.