The latest Ryan Adams thread V2.0

There were some preview tracks posted at some point. I have no interest in buying it. He must be paying for all of this himself.

I have completely lost interest in this guy. It really is diminishing returns. Since 29 it has been a career circling the drain and now this faux metal shite as well....please, just stop.

• Replies 745
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A couple weeks ago, I received an email from the Ryan Adams organization, promoting what appears to be Ryan covering Springsteen’s Nebraska, which I am very interested in hearing, and new tour dates,

It is a vinyl release only (without a digital download, no cd). I am sure if you want it for nothing, you can Google it and find what you are looking for out there somewhere.

Just got my Orion vinyl today in the mail....also came with a 7" Single. Must say it's a beautiful album (of course i haven't heard the music yet). Here's some pics:

20100526_3033.jpg

Front of Album

20100526_3034.jpg

Inside of Gatefold

20100526_3035.jpg

7" Single

20100526_3036.jpg

Clear Vinyl

20100526_3037.jpg

Front of Poster

20100526_3038.jpg

Back of Poster

amazing pics! mine should be here (tomorrow?) can't wait!. btw, what's the b-side to the 7"? in all honesty, I haven't listened to too much metal in my life, but if I could acquire a taste for Rock 'N Roll, I can learn to love this album. looking forward to hearing it. thanks again for the pics.

• 2 weeks later...

i have had a few listens now to Orion and I dig it. the lyrics are a little corny at times but it is labeled as a Sci-Fi Metal record so some of the corny lyrics makes sense.

I like the drums and guitar sound. I believe he put heart into it. It probably a lot of fun to record. I would do something similar if i was a talented musician, make a metal record.

I'm not a metalhead by any means but I enjoy the record.

My copy of the record did not come with the 45. I'm a little bummed, but I realize it was just an added surprise for the earliest purchasers.

I haven't actually played the vinyl yet, but I have listened to the mp3's. I couldn't understand a word the man is saying, but it seems like he was having fun. That's got to be worth something.

My one complaint is that while the packaging looks really cool the metallic surface is a major fingerprint magnet. I feel like I should never touch the thing again.

wild stab in the dark:

Would anyone be up for trading their Medium shirt for my Large shirt? The large is just way too big. I havent worn it, or washed it. It's brand new. Fingers crossed.

i would believe that the guy started his own record label, Pax Am, to release anything he wanted. I'm not positive but i thought when he left Lost Highway he got the rights to a lot of his unreleased stuff OR his unreleased stuff wasnt under the rights of Lost Highway.

I think he will release the vinyl "Blackhole" box set one day.

Via his facebook

11 new solo tunes came out of nowhere. Day after Dio's funeral they just fell out. Soft mellow acoustic jams- lots of New Orleans scenery and vibe from the trip... I am official very excited again.

Two pieces of news from Facebook:

30067_403876706430_6943041430_4961026_8285247_n.jpg

oh yeah, p.s. the "Blackhole" LP ( recorded over Christmas in 2005 ) is also back from the mastering plant. I f'n love this thing. It took 4 years to make it and to me it is basically Love is Hell Part 3... lots of shimmery guitar love on this. Exciting times!!!

and

28667_403873466430_6943041430_4960901_8117902_n.jpg

Ryan Adams & The Cardinals, "III/IV" Double LP, ( unreleased and in the vault since 2006 ) fresh from the mastering plant! Also day one of demo's went great! Have A GREAT WEEKEND yall and that's an order. XX DRA

I'm guessing these will be released soon??? God I hope.

I know they sound great, and a lot of people seem to be record crazy these days, but what about the rest? I suppose that is what the digital download is all about. Still, it would be nice to get a cd. I guess he must be paying for all of this himself.

Also - I know cds ain't the greatest, but they sure as hell sound better than Mp3s. I think it really comes down to money. I am curious to hear the releases when they come out though. I will probably just wait until someone does a FLAC rip of the vinyl and then check them out.

Also - I know cds ain't the greatest, but they sure as hell sound better than Mp3s. I think it really comes down to money. I am curious to hear the releases when they come out though. I will probably just wait until someone does a FLAC rip of the vinyl and then check them out.

Pretty exciting to finally get some new/old Ryan Adams music. But I agree, this limited edition vinyl shit is for the birds. All Ryan Adams fans do not own a turntable. I don't own a turntable. And I'm not going to buy a $35 record when I haven't at least heard 30 second previews of the songs. Limited edition, so if you miss out, you miss out. and $2 a track pricetag for songs that you don't even know are any good or not. What he's doing is ensuring that people pirate his music.

I heard some rips of Orion on youtube and let me just say that I'm glad I didn't pay $2 a track for these. It's all so over indulgent.