The latest Ryan Adams thread V2.0

In my opinion, Orion was easy to skip since it still had the strong stench of a joke album. I just can't take it seriously and I am glad I didn't blow money on it. The Finger stuff was just as hotly sought after, but nowadays, not so much.

These new LPs are actually substantial and are more than likely truer artistic statements that fans will overwhelmingly be more than happy to fork out their money for. I could see them potentially being issued on cd, though maybe through a label.

• Replies 745
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A couple weeks ago, I received an email from the Ryan Adams organization, promoting what appears to be Ryan covering Springsteen’s Nebraska, which I am very interested in hearing, and new tour dates,

I heard some rips of Orion on youtube and let me just say that I'm glad I didn't pay $2 a track for these. It's all so over indulgent.

If i had my own recording label, i would probably make a record i always wanted to make, so yes indulgence.

Sci fi metal isnt for everyone.

--

EDIT: from RAA-Wolfhunter aka Ryan Adams

Originally Posted by wolfhunter

There will be a special pressing but I won't let what happened with the ORION stuff happen with these. We wiill be more prepared.

Also we have NOT going into manufacturing yet, I only have the reference "test pressings" which sound BADASS so soon it will be off to printers.

This stuff takes some time though and for me they can never be made soon enough.

Don't worry about the staggered pressing. Also I am going to fix the ORION issue for those who didn't get it by making a "regular" release, no 180 gram with "standard" artwork... still badass tho.

i wish he'd do like Nonesuch and include a CD with all vinyl. cd's themselves have little cost i would think.

i like vinyl, but unfortunately i can't listen to it on my long commutes to and from work everyday - where i get most of my music listening done.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey y'all, Ryan has posted 6 new demos from '08 up on his myspace page, anyone know how to download them?

thanks for the heads up! you can actually capture audio from your speakers and save it to your hard drive using the free program called Audactiy. if you end up trying it and need any help, send me a pm and I'll be more than glad to assist you in anyway I can.

there is some website where if you put any url in you can download what ever music, video, etc that is on that page regardless if they give you the option to download.

i haven't used it in so long i can't remember.

that was how i used to download stuff from Myspace.

• 2 weeks later...

Ryan Adams Working on Cold Roses’ "Evil Twin"

Ryan Adams is back in New York working on his first proper album since 2008’s Cardinology. The singer/songwriter, who broke up his band, moved to Los Angeles and retired from playing music in 2009, is working on a new batch of songs with his longtime engineer Tom Schick. According to his Twitter, the new songs sound like “Cold Roses’ evil twin…i take that back, i dunno what this music is… its not jammy but its psyched up… best thing yet.” Adams is reportedly 21 songs in and a “soundvpainting of Manhattan.”

Cold Roses introduced Adams to the jamband scene with a set of psychedelic Americana songs. Furthur, Keller Williams and Phil Lesh & Friends all cover songs from the album regularly.

i can't remember if he Tweets different stuff than what he puts on FB - i don't know if he's serious about liking Predators and wanting to work with John Mayer.

He doesn't have his twitter linked to his facebook. His twitter is pretty random. He puts most "news" on facebook. More teaser than news usually.

i think i'm close to 'getting' ryan adams. easy tiger is growing on me. i just need help getting into his piano ballads. looking forward to new stuff.

for me, there are bands and music that I have to work at, and then there are people like Ryan Adams that just slug me in the gut no matter what he is doing. Easy Tiger is kind of cool like Demolition was cool, it shows everything this guy can do and pull it off and make it seem credible IMO. I don't know, I'm a total fanboy and have always been for Ryan. I just kick myself about not getting ORION, $100 plus on ebay now. What a dummy i am

Ryan has said that Orion will get a a second pressing with different art and a lower vinyl-gram quality. That's good enough for me and it's a plus because it will be cheaper than the $30+ it was on initial release.

How badass is Ryan's guitar on Stella Blue from Willie Nelson's Songbird? I mean, how badass? Totally badass. That's how badass.

i really like ryan (you know he produced it?) on that whole album. there are a lotta standouts there. what a combo: ryan and willie.

from his facebook:

Tomorrow starts the first day of two weeks of recording a new solo album. The songs are based around my acoustic with some stark drums/bass/piano in there. anI'm keeping these recordings simple......THEN in two weeks I am off to NYC to record part two of the crazy NYC sessions I started last month by accident. What sta...rted as a weekend studio hang with Johnny and Tom Schick turned into some kind of Smiths/Simple Minds/Love Is Hell throw-back and just way too much fun to not finish. So two coasts, two sessions happening. The new daze are here... fingers crossed these things turn out! I'll check in again from the studio this week. Meanwhile enjoy a few more photo's from the last studio sessions. DRA

So if all this comes out, he is rivaling his Cold Roses/Jacksonville City Nights/29 trio of releases in same year if he releases Cardinals III/IV, Solo Record, Smiths/Simple Minds/Love Is Hell throwback record....perhaps the time off was worth it and the wait as well....

Simple Minds?

Now all he needs is a distribution/record company, or is he just going to continue to release limited editions of his records?

I seem to remember him posting something about how he was close to securing a distribution deal... but I can't find that post now. It was recent.

• 3 weeks later...

I just wanted to inform everyone that I have began the insane task of compiling and securing all the official non album tracks of Ryan's over the years. I'm putting this out there in case I get lost in the rabbit hole.

Answering Bell .com has a perfect all consuming discography including singles, eps, etc all the way up until Easy Tiger. What would be a great source for that kind of detail post Easy Tiger?