The latest Ryan Adams thread V2.0

• Replies 745
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A couple weeks ago, I received an email from the Ryan Adams organization, promoting what appears to be Ryan covering Springsteen’s Nebraska, which I am very interested in hearing, and new tour dates,

thanks for the link.

This is just crazy. I think when all is told the total of officially released non album tracks will be close to 70. This isn't of course counting all the unreleased albums.

Now, some of these b sides and what have you are true b sides, there are a number that are really good.

The Cold Roses bonus track Tonight is amazing (needs a little editing) but is amazing.

Ryan Adams EPIC THREAD

Beware. You can get lost for days...

i did get "lost" for two and a half days reading all the posts and grabbing unreleased material linked to from this thread. a very interesting read for a ryan fan.

have you seen today's facebook update from "the DRA?"

"UPDATE; I've been working on a second batch of tunes. both sessions ( NYC and LA ) sound super cool but I feel like there is even more. still working... I imagine the new solo LP will be ready next year.

To anyone asking about III/IV and Blackhole- they are almost out of the oven. You will have a chance to get them this Fall. There will not be staggered pressings. Digital AND vinyl... not limited copies...

Much Love, the DRA"

there's some good news.

well i've survived the worm hole.

by my count Ryan Adams solo career has produce 76 offically released non proper album tracks.

This is not counting unoffical demos or streaming songs or unreleased sessions

just b sides, soundtracks, compilations, pax am releases, official bonus material etc

My favorite period for b sides and bonus material is the Love Is Hell material. You can almost piece together tracks from the New York and New Orleans sessions and the quality and amount is crazy. (love is hell is my favorite ryan adams record so I am biased). I know the entire New York Love Is Hell sessions are out there but I don't think the full New Orleans sessions are

Anyway, I believe I have acquired 71 of the 76 b side/bonus tracks i spoke of. It took a lot of saving tid bits through the years and investigative exploring in recent years. It is fun, go for it.

I believe I have acquired 71 of the 76 b side/bonus tracks i spoke of. It took a lot of saving tid bits through the years and investigative exploring in recent years. It is fun, go for it.

Which 4 are you missing? I might be able to help out.

Can someone confirm for me that the links in that EPIC THREAD above are still live and safe? I only have some of the unreleased stuff, and I've been meaning to fix that for awhile, but was always afraid of viruses, spyware, etc. from unknown links. Thanks.

Of course, if anyone here has this stuff uploaded somewhere already and can let me know where to go, even better, and you'll have a best friend for life. :)

Can someone confirm for me that the links in that EPIC THREAD above are still live and safe? I only have some of the unreleased stuff, and I've been meaning to fix that for awhile, but was always afraid of viruses, spyware, etc. from unknown links. Thanks.

Of course, if anyone here has this stuff uploaded somewhere already and can let me know where to go, even better, and you'll have a best friend for life. :)

I've downloaded there without any problems. Your mileage may vary.

Still live? That's hit and miss.

• 2 months later...

Mandy Moore was on Jimmy Kimmel a couple of weeks and she was talking about Ryan's obsession with metal, it was actually funny.

i saw that, too.

was that the first time either of them spoke publicly of their marriage?

i also saw some video that looked kinda like a TMZ thing with paparazzi asking them what they were going to be for Halloween.

did all that old merch sell out instantaneously?

i saw that, too.

was that the first time either of them spoke publicly of their marriage?

i also saw some video that looked kinda like a TMZ thing with paparazzi asking them what they were going to be for Halloween.

did all that old merch sell out instantaneously?

I think Mandy talked about Ryan in an interview last year (?). she mentioned something to the extent of him spending way too much time in the metal section of this particular cd store. I think she was actually doing a gig at this particular store when the interview was done.

and yes, that merch went crazy fast. Ryan said that they had 5 boxes of merch that they were going to unload and everything was gone within an hour and a half of them listing it. kinda bummed that I missed out. 9.99 was a great deal for Cold Roses/ JCN era shirts.

i would love to hear ryan/mandy duet. her last album was surprisingly good. a few years ago she apologized for all the shit music she put out a few years ago. funny.

Not sure if this has been posted, but here Mandy is singing backing vocals on "Oh My Sweet Carolina" at a recent soundcheck. I think it sounds really good. Would love to hear more.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWfHYj5NBfg

hmmm, wonder if these demos are from the III/IV sessions or from something else? either way, 2 slabs of vinyl, an album's worth of demos and a free download of III/IV for under $30 is not bad at all. just spent $25 for a vinyl copy of Nirvana's Unplugged!