The latest Ryan Adams thread V2.0

presale is sold out already. bummer. missed out.

what? i could maybe understand vinyl selling out, but CD's?

he must purposefully not be making many copies.

if this really means i can't buy a copy other than mp3 i think this is completely ridiculous.

• Replies 745
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A couple weeks ago, I received an email from the Ryan Adams organization, promoting what appears to be Ryan covering Springsteen’s Nebraska, which I am very interested in hearing, and new tour dates,

wait, I could of swore he said that there would not be limited pressings of this album to avoid what happened with Orion. perhaps those who ordered with the preorder will get their copies a little sooner than those who pick up the album on release date?

edit- someone on the Facebook asked him why they were sold out and he replied;

"we aren't my man. we are just selling the shit out of them. hang tight G money. gonna try and get some more into the store Homeslice."

customer service in a way that only Ryan Adams can give :stunned

i think it sounds nice. the coyote lyrics are weird.

stuff is back in stock. i have a feeling he uses "sold out" for sales boosting.

someone told he randomly put up a pink 7" last week that was from some art show - already sold out, of course.

it's just a very very forgettable song imo. i honestly forgot who i was even listening to 1/2 way through my first listen to it this morning... no lie.

uninspiring vocals & some really bad lyrics to boot.

sure hope the releases offer up a LOT better stuff.

put up, sold out, put more up, sold out again...?

is the fake sell out one of his marketing plans?

i didn't get a cd order in - i just don't know - hard for me to believe that CD's sold out. part of me is afraid there is some crazy bonus like an exclusive 7" though. oh well.

amazon.com has the MP3 download and the 30 second clips of the songs. Dec 14th is the release date.

Music Direct pretty much has the same deal as Pax Am except I don't believe they are offering the download of the demos of the tracks but otherwise they are offering the LPs, poster, download MP3 of album for 29.99.

• 2 weeks later...

it's just a very very forgettable song imo. i honestly forgot who i was even listening to 1/2 way through my first listen to it this morning... no lie.

uninspiring vocals & some really bad lyrics to boot.

sure hope the releases offer up a LOT better stuff.

Destroyers is not a very accurate representation of III/IV. it's reminding me of a very, very polished follow-up to Rock 'n Roll and I mean that in the best way possible (know there's a lot of RNR haters out there.) wonder how the guys ended up going from something like this to Easy Tiger? while I love ET, a heavier album such as III/IV would have been a great follow-up to CR/JCN/29. anyway, glad Ryan chose to put this out!

i found III/IV to be pretty much just chock full of generic rock that Ryan could write in his sleep. there's maybe 5 songs total between both discs i'd give above a 7/10. certainly outtake quality material. best song on disc 1 for me was already released as 'France'. RNR was way better than the songs on here.

i found III/IV to be pretty much just chock full of generic rock that Ryan could write in his sleep. there's maybe 5 songs total between both discs i'd give above a 7/10. certainly outtake quality material. best song on disc 1 for me was already released as 'France'. RNR was way better than the songs on here.

Totally agree, thank god he released Easy Tiger instead. At least that record, despite it's faults, had some really good tunes that really got a lot better in a live setting.

Totally agree, thank god he released Easy Tiger instead. At least that record, despite it's faults, had some really good tunes that really got a lot better in a live setting.

agreed. while Easy Tiger is far from my favorite RA album, it at least felt like a finished product and like some thought was put into it. there's some just terrible lyrics on these III/IV songs.

agreed. while Easy Tiger is far from my favorite RA album, it at least felt like a finished product and like some thought was put into it. there's some just terrible lyrics on these III/IV songs.

Yup, this stuff seems like it basically lead to some of the garbage on Cardinology (Crossed Out Name and Cobwebs removed).

After the excitment of hearing a new RA album, it just seems kind of generic like everyone else seems to think. The lyrics, even when compared to RNR, is lyrically weak. The music is alright. It's strange that he chose this one to put out this one instead of some of his other unreleased albums.

That song "Numbers" is just nuts. Like bi-polar disorder music. I actually think I love it.

My main issue with this stuff is his singing style. It's the same voice he had on Easy Tiger are Cardinology which wrecked those for me too. I can't explain it, but it just sounds....false. And I think Ryan has one of the greatest voices out there so I'm not sure what's up.

That song "Numbers" is just nuts. Like bi-polar disorder music. I actually think I love it.

My main issue with this stuff is his singing style. It's the same voice he had on Easy Tiger are Cardinology which wrecked those for me too. I can't explain it, but it just sounds....false. And I think Ryan has one of the greatest voices out there so I'm not sure what's up.

well, he doesn't sing on those records...he just fucks around with his voice. if the guy just sang straight those albums would be a whole lot better. oh, and take out some of the reverb on the less than stellar songs. oh, and delete Stop altogether.

I think a lot of my fascination with Ryan Adams stems from his lyrics, not so much the music itself. while III/IV isn't earth shattering, I find the lyrics to be quite enjoyable and comforting. then again, I liked 98% of the stuff he put up on Foggy and absolutely loved Cardinology but that's just me.

so far, there are maybe 4 songs on III/IV that I haven't gotten into yet. my favs are def: Happy Birthday, Gracie, Numbers, Lovely And Blue, Users (!!!) and Sewers At The Bottom Of The Wishing Well.

edit- forgot to add Typecast. sounds like that could have been written for Tony Bennett.

these reviews are interesting. i havent listened to III/IV yet. holding out until i get the LP. The reviews dont seem all that positive but I wasnt expecting this new record to be filled with songs like Cold Roses and Peaceful Valley.

The guy should do another Heartbreaker record.

The only records of his that most everyone seems to like are Heartbreaker, Cold Roses, & JCN. I wasn't really expecting III/IV to sound like any of those - and I love it. :dancing

To me the whole DRA run Paxam is very exciting because it probably means that a lot of unreleased material will be released. However, the idea of Ryan running a record label is a bit Bubba/Gump Shrimp Company so far fwiw. He's very unhappy about the record leaking, but if you go to the paxam website it isn't available in any format. :lol

I'm lucky I was able to pre-order the vinyl I guess.

I could go for a repeat of Jacksonville City Nights.

I think that will happen when he gets around to releasing new music, but it ain't happening on III/IV. Assuming Blackhole comes out sometime next year, that will be 3 rock based records released in a row (Orion, III/IV, Blackhole). I think he might return to roots sounds in new recordings, but who knows.

I love III/IV, but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone who doesn't like stuff from the RockNRoll/Love is Hell period. If you don't like either of those, you're prob gonna hate this.

I love III/IV, but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone who doesn't like stuff from the RockNRoll/Love is Hell period. If you don't like either of those, you're prob gonna hate this.

I love RNR and LIH but this album just isn't doing it for me. It's sounds like his dicking around, perhaps not as much as all of the DJ Reggie and so on, but still not giving his 100%. I'm sure he has another JCN or Cold Roses or Heartbreaker in him, I just don't he wants to put the effort into making that record. I'm sure he'll get around to it but until he starts releasing newer material, I don't think his fans are going to hear his best musicial efforts.

I love RNR and LIH but this album just isn't doing it for me. It's sounds like his dicking around, perhaps not as much as all of the DJ Reggie and so on, but still not giving his 100%. I'm sure he has another JCN or Cold Roses or Heartbreaker in him, I just don't he wants to put the effort into making that record. I'm sure he'll get around to it but until he starts releasing newer material, I don't think his fans are going to hear his best musicial efforts.

funny thing is, is that his 'bad' stuff is so much more involved in production and arrangements etc. Heartbreaker was just voice, guitar and some simple chord progressions. less work, no?

funny thing is, is that his 'bad' stuff is so much more involved in production and arrangements etc. Heartbreaker was just voice, guitar and some simple chord progressions. less work, no?

I guess I should have said he puts less heart into it now. And it took a while for him to get those performances for those songs since many of them were demoed for several sessions before those final cuts were produced. He was on fire in the late 90's and early 00's but now you can really tell that he just doesn't put that much into his craft anymore...