the next Beatles thread

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 730
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

27beatles1.jpg

http://www.standard.co.uk/goingout/theatre/beatles-abbey-road-sessions-recreated-for-new-show-at-royal-albert-hall-10336928.html

Something a bit different though I can't say I'm that interested in going. £55 a pop. I did get to go inside Abbey Road once. They should get those guys who recreated the second side of the Abbey Road album - someone put a link here to their video a while back I think. 

Will they have Yoko sitting in the corner knitting?

Also, new Allen Klein book apparently.

http://www.salon.com/2015/06/21/the_prize_when_news_of_the_beatles_imminent_financial_danger_spread_notorious_manager_allen_klein_knew_his_time_had_come/

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I don't know if I will buy this or not:

The Beatles - 1 (CD/Blu-ray audio/video) - November 6th 2015

The Beatles '1' was originally released in 2000 and quickly became the fastest selling album of all time. Featuring 27 of the band's most significant singles, all of which reached #1 in the US or UK charts, this brand new 2BluRay/CD set represents the ultimate collector's edition of The Beatles '1', featuring all 27 tracks on CD, all 27 promo videos on Disc 1, and an additional 23 videos on Disc 2, including alternate versions, as well as rarely seen and newly restored films and videos. All the videos have been beautifully restored up to 4K resolution by a team of film and video technicians and restoration artists who have undertaken painstaking frame-by-frame cleaning, colour-grading, digital enhancement and new edits that took months of dedicated, 'round-the-clock work to accomplish. This stunning 2BluRay/CD set boasts an expanded 124-page illustrated hardcover book, and also includes exclusive audio commentary and filmed introductions by Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr respectively. 1+ also features fantastic new stereo and 5.1 Dolby Digital and DTS HD surround audio mixes by Giles Martin and Sam Okell at Abbey Road Studios. CD/Disc 1 songs and videos include: Love Me Do, I Want To Hold Your Hand, Can t Buy Me Love, I Feel Fine, Ticket To Ride, Yesterday, Day Tripper, We Can Work It Out, Paperback Writer, Penny Lane, All You Need Is Love, Hey Jude, Something, Come Together, and more! Disc 2 videos include: Twist & Shout, Please Please Me, Rain, Strawberry Fields Forever, A Day In The Life, Hey Bulldog, and Free As A Bird.

Region code 0 (all territories).

• 3 weeks later...

I was thinking maybe there was a plain dvd release - maybe there isn't. I don't own a Blu-ray player or surround sound system.

Yes, there is a plain DVD release. It is $10 less than the blu ray set. I bought it as a Christmas present for a friend.

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder if that bass drum head is a replacement? I say that as in the photos of his drums in the Beatles gear book almost all of the Beatles logos are cut out of the bass drum skins. 

It most definitely is a replacement. The write-up says Paul most likely removed it, after he commandeered it and took it to his Scotland home to make his debut solo album. 

The Ludwig logo in the pic is different than the one in the band pic, too. The 'g' looks cut off in the band pic - and I just spent way too much time investigating if it's cut off in the performance that pic is from. It's not. I think it means Paul really was dead.

I've probably posted these here before, but I was cleaning out some stuff on my site, and rediscovered these (links open PDFs):

Mark Lewisohn's The Beatles Recording Sessions

Mark Lewisohn's The Complete Beatles Chronicle

Searching VC for Lewisohn it turns out I got those files from someone who shared them here. Ha.