2010 NW US/Trans Canada tour announcement coming soon

Vancouver is going to be a complete gong show around Olympic time, and combined with the fact that it's a free show probably at some expansive venue... I can't imagine that's what real Wilco fans have been waiting so long for.

At the risk of sounding like a total ingrate, I have to admit that I'm slightly (OK, extremely) disappointed about this. A free outdoor show at a downtown park in mid-Feb during the Olympics isn't what I was expecting. Yeah, "gong show" in so many ways.

Really glad I'll be seeing them in Toronto next week at a proper venue. Will most likely fly to Ontario (where the parental units reside)and catch the Hamilton show on Feb 23.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Massey Hall >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> ridiculous Olympics outdoor free show

I really hope it's not another few years before they're back here, and I sincerely hope they play the Orpheum again when they do return.

Hey, who's up for a road trip to Duluth in February?

(Not me.)

I'll be making the trip from Minneapolis. Saw Wilco for the first time in St. Paul a couple nights ago and will be going to my second show the first night in Chicago.

Anyone know what the sound is like at the DECC auditorium?

EDMONTON!!!!!!!!! YESSSSS!!!!!!!! I am so happy! Now the question is whether to take our 5 year old or not...

In Iowa City, some folks near us had their youngster with them, probably about the same age. The poor kid was miserable. The music was too loud, and the show is way too long to hold the interest of a child that young. I would recommend against it.

Now, the 12-year-old right in front of us directly in front of John in the first row was having a great time. But there's a big diff btwn ages 5 and 12.

a free show in a park in February in Vancouver is better than no show at all. I am excited! It'll be fun, me thinks. :yes i think i'll probably try and do the Seattle show as well and bring my sister along for her first wilco experience.

I'm disappointed that there's no PEI date on this list. Green Gables has expansive grounds that could easily accommodate a concert.

Wow, now I've often wished to see Green Gables, since I was a young girl and to see Wilco at Green Gables... "What would we be without Wishful Thinking?"

(Tho I personally couldn't make that trip, but wouldn't it be kool)

Has Wilco ever played PEI???

I'm happy for all ya'll folks getting to rock n' roll with Wilco, now and in the coming future!!! :dancing :cheers :music :rock B)

I'll just keep wishing for the Southern breezes to blow the boys back to Georgia... :wub

the DECC Arena isn't much better than Roy Wilkins for sound.

unfortunately 2/19 is my Wife's b-day so i won't be attending that show likely.

Maybe i'll roadtrip it to Madison the next night (a Sat) if the weather isn't awful

Mar-03

Halifax, 39

Halifax Forum - Multipurpose Room

Kyle, where did you grab these dates from? wilcoworld.net lists just the "Halifax Forum" and not the multipurpose room, I think it originally had the multipurpose room listed but they've since changed it, which is a big difference (old school hockey rink vs a shitty spare room that is super dusty)

Again, Vancouver only just as I predicted. I love Wilco but Jeff and the boys should be ashamed of themselves.

And yeah, an outdoor show during the Olympics.. free no less? Great...

Let's start a petition! A grass roots movement! Let's do it!

I looked that place up, and isn't the hockey rink something like 5600 capacity? Seems a little big for Wilco in Halifax.

that sounds about right in terms of capacity and I would guess they could draw 2500-4000 depending on price, we are pretty starved for concerts here