2010 NW US/Trans Canada tour announcement coming soon

Victoria, a beautiful city with a major university, attracts artists like Leonard Cohen, etc. Neil Young played a benefit concert in Duncan, BC (also on Vancouver Island) in 2004.

Beautiful is hard to argue with. And on a real island! If you can have the roadies drive across Canada, I think they can make it over to Victoria. I'd love that because then I could take the Clipper over.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beautiful is hard to argue with. And on a real island! If you can have the roadies drive across Canada, I think they can make it over to Victoria. I'd love that because then I could take the Clipper over.

Greater Victoria is about the same size as Halifax, I think. And as you point out, it's only a short ferry trip from both Seattle and Vancouver.

EDMONTON!!!!!!!!! YESSSSS!!!!!!!! I am so happy! Now the question is whether to take our 5 year old or not...

Don't do it!

We took our kids, 7 and 9, and our neighbors brought theirs, same ages, to ArtPark back in July. It wasn't a disaster; in fact, there were some great moments, but in the end, it would have been much more fun as an adults night out.

That said, it is profoundly gratifying to know that my kids are discerning enough at this age to love Wilco, which they do, and it is something they came about honestly, with no prodding from me except for the fact that they heard it while I was playing it. They discovered that they liked it all on their own.

Good luck with your decision, I'm sure there will be no major regrets either way you choose.

This far in advance, I'd say it's definitely possible for them to add a date or two. The State Theatre in Ithaca is booked for the Avett Brothers the 26th, but I'm still irrationally keeping my fingers crossed for the 25th. It's a five-minute walk from my apartment and would be a perfect venue for them!

It may be GA. The last time they played at the Paramount, they actually folded the seats down into the floor and the whole main was standing room only.

There is a link to a video showing the floor conversion, which is you are a theater geek like me is pretty cool to check out.

http://www.stgpresents.org/paramount/events.asp

There's a two day gap between Seattle (10th) and Vancouver (13th). It could be that Wilco want to take in some of the Winters Olympics. Or they will add another night at the Paramount. When they last played the Seattle area in 2007 they sold out Marymoor Park which has a capacity of around 1500 - 2000 more than the Paramount. I am hoping that if they sell out the 10th quickly they will add a date on the 11th. For those of you thinking of making a jaunt to Seattle, I'd concur that the Paramount is a superb venue. Classic old fashioned style theatre with fantastic acoustics and great sightlines from every seat.

HUGE thumbs up for the Hamilton gig, boys! I've got tix for the first night at Massey Hall, but seeing as this show is so close and it comes three months later, I'm sure I'll hit it up too. As per usual, nobody else is excited about a major act playing Hamilton, because I am the only person in all of Southern Ontario who is smart enough to operate a computer machine and erudite enough to compose a sentence. :dancing

Victoria, a beautiful city with a major university, attracts artists like Leonard Cohen, etc. Neil Young played a benefit concert in Duncan, BC (also on the Island) in 2004.

Wilco would draw ZERO crowd if they played at Save On. Come on... where could they play? The Royal? What would be the point? I'd love to see them in my hometown but let's face it, Victoria crowds suck, and there is not enough demand to draw Wilco. Anyone who lives on the island just accepts that they have to travel to Vancouver, Seattle, or beyond to see 99% of their favorite bands.

When Wilco befriend Randy Bachman and he invites them for a benefit, that'll be different.

@Bbop - if you do not say hello, I will be extremely miffed.

If it was at the Aeolian, I would definitely say hello. :lol

But I'll do my best this time, T. :thumbup (Of course, you could always say hello to me!)

This far in advance, I'd say it's definitely possible for them to add a date or two. The State Theatre in Ithaca is booked for the Avett Brothers the 26th, but I'm still irrationally keeping my fingers crossed for the 25th. It's a five-minute walk from my apartment and would be a perfect venue for them!

I saw some other Chicago boys at the State Theater last weekend, Justin Roberts & the Not Ready for Naptime Players. That was actually quite a good show, but I kept thinking the same thing, that it would be great if Wilco played there. My 7-year old said the same thing.

Missoula, Portland, Seattle... Not nearly as exciting as the Canadian angle!

i could use a few days in the great northwest! o! portland! with your amazing breakfasts, breathtaking coffee and bounty of beer!

There's a two day gap between Seattle (10th) and Vancouver (13th). It could be that Wilco want to take in some of the Winters Olympics. Or they will add another night at the Paramount. When they last played the Seattle area in 2007 they sold out Marymoor Park which has a capacity of around 1500 - 2000 more than the Paramount. I am hoping that if they sell out the 10th quickly they will add a date on the 11th. For those of you thinking of making a jaunt to Seattle, I'd concur that the Paramount is a superb venue. Classic old fashioned style theatre with fantastic acoustics and great sightlines from every seat.

The Paramount just put up a new sign that looks great! The old one had 80 years of wear and tear, but I drove by the new one today and it is a great replacement. There are some nice photos of the venue (outside) in this:

http://www.siffblog....n_005256.html#m

Now are you sure that Marymoor holds 4000 people? It sure didn't seem like it. Great Wilco show there; best one I've ever seen.

Don't do it!

We took our kids, 7 and 9, and our neighbors brought theirs, same ages, to ArtPark back in July. It wasn't a disaster; in fact, there were some great moments, but in the end, it would have been much more fun as an adults night out.

Adults night out - what are those again - I can't remember! :)

The Paramount just put up a new sign that looks great! The old one had 80 years of wear and tear, but I drove by the new one today and it is a great replacement. There are some nice photos of the venue (outside) in this:

http://www.siffblog....n_005256.html#m

Now are you sure that Marymoor holds 4000 people? It sure didn't seem like it. Great Wilco show there; best one I've ever seen.

It says on their website the capacity is 5000:

http://www.kingcounty.gov/recreation/parks/inventory/marymoor/concerts.aspx

I think the large standing area is a little deceiving. I wouldn't have guessed it was that much. And maybe Wilco didn't quite sell out in 2007 but they must have come pretty close.

yeah..how do i do this presale thingy?? I checked out Frontgate but didn't have anything listed. Tix on sale in less than 2 days...what's the dealio???

Has anyone received anything on the password for the presale tomorrow? I haven't read anything in any of the emails. Is it "Ashes" like that last one?