How about Heartless Bastards- The Mountain? It's one of my favorites of the year.

That's up there for me, too. I never had that flush of intense excitement with it--at least not the way I did with some their earlier stuff--but the record has somehow managed to have more staying power than a lot of the albums that did grab me out of the gate. I still listen to The Mountain a lot.

That's up there for me, too. I never had that flush of intense excitement with it--at least not the way I did with some their earlier stuff--but the record has somehow managed to have more staying power than a lot of the albums that did grab me out of the gate. I still listen to The Mountain a lot.

I love all their albums pretty much equally. But I do think they are getting slightly better with each album. And yeah, I too find myself going back to "The Mountain" the most out of all their releases. I'm very excited to see they turn out next! I did just watch an interview with Heartless Bastards at ACL and Erika said that they have the rest of the month off and that they will start working on new material. She said she thinks that T-Rex will be the main influence for this album. :dancing She also talked about possibly doing more (either more old country covers or originals material) with her side project band “Sweet Tea,” which, if anyone is unfamiliar consists of members of HB’s and Black Angels’ Alex Mass.

• 2 months later...

Dawes - North Hills.

Saw something interesting today on this. Santa Barbara Independent interview with Taylor Goldsmith:

“Jonathan [Wilson] is an amazing and iconic producer. He’s a musician in every way,” recalled Taylor. “And he lives up in Laurel Canyon and started to develop this reputation for himself; he’s sort of keeping that Laurel Canyon thing alive. While we were recording there he would just spring this stuff on us, like, ‘Hey, my buddy from Wilco is going to come in and record today on a couple tracks if you’re into it.’ And of course we’re like ‘Okay.’ And then we get there and Pat Sansone is the organ player and guitar player — and he’s the nicest guy in the world — and he’s recording on a little bit of our record.”

How about Heartless Bastards- The Mountain? It's one of my favorites of the year.

Mine too. It has reduced me to tears a couple of times.

i got a leak and listened to it 4,000 times and then went out to my friendly neighborhood record store on tuesday morning and got a copy

but yeah, factory of raw essentials (circular beast exhibit) is very cool too

if you don't totally dig question girl and how wrong you are ... i dunno, to me - along with radical amazement (and meddle and trashed aircraft and good circuitry soldier) two of the finest things bob has done since FaCE

the bridge in question girl ... then the second bridge, adding the drums and another layer of guitar ... jesus, almost a GBV-esque moment

mighty stuff

Yep, I am loving this album. I had to get it on amazon as I could not find it at any of the local stores. Listened to it 3 times today in fact.