UIC Chicago

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, round trip! I got mine on American, but there were some United flights popping up on kayak.com for the same price.

Havent checked personally, but it might even be cheaper to take Southwest out of Louisville. Usually I can get round trips for about $79-$89 from Chicago

You should go see Rhett Miller and the Serial Lady Killers at Park West on Friday night and Liam Finn and Eliza Jane Barnes at Schuba's on Saturday night. :thumbup

Liam Finn is actually playing at Lincoln Hall Saturday night - Schuba's new venue on Fullerton.

7 AM flight out of boston tomorrow

so psyched!!!

anyone have the scoop on posters?

There is one for each night, but they're kinda weird-looking.

Liam Finn is actually playing at Lincoln Hall Saturday night - Schuba's new venue on Fullerton.

Was just coming back to correct myself on that, so thanks. I guess maybe it was originally scheduled for Schuba's but they got the new place open in time. Anyway, Liam and EJ are well worth catching, especially since they're not opening the UIC shows.

Also, Lincoln Hall is technically on, um, Lincoln, right? :pirate

You kids pretty much expect the sets to be kinda similar to the Toronto 2 day run? Any word of a re-appearance by Da Total Pros?? Very cool for Feist to be showing up at various stops along the tour all summer as well, I know I would certainly welcome her with open arms on a little "You and I" duet. Even though Liam is not opening for these shows, it still would not surprise me to see him guest on a "You Never Know" as well.

Was just coming back to correct myself on that, so thanks. I guess maybe it was originally scheduled for Schuba's but they got the new place open in time. Anyway, Liam and EJ are well worth catching, especially since they're not opening the UIC shows.

Also, Lincoln Hall is technically on, um, Lincoln, right? :pirate

Well, yep...just another reason not to hit the pipe at work

I don't know if I'm more excited to see Wilco or TORTOISE!!! Ooops did I say that on this board? ;) Well, their show at Empty Bottle earlier this year was really great. Pitchfork was OK but was too big / bloated for them.

But seriously, I'm so excited to hear the new album songs live!

Any good nearby (walking distance) pre-show bars?

I don't know if I'm more excited to see Wilco or TORTOISE!!! Ooops did I say that on this board? ;) Well, their show at Empty Bottle earlier this year was really great. Pitchfork was OK but was too big / bloated for them.

Not sure if hte somewhat bloated/too big UIC Pavillion will be that much better a venue than Union Park.

LouieB

Hi everyone,

I most likely have an extra GA ticket to the show on Sunday if anyone is interested, my wife can't go. I am coming from the Quad Cities area in the morning but not sure when I'm leaving yet, I will be up there fairly early though. Would anyone consider a trade for my 2 general admission tickets for one descent reserved seat? If not, we can work something out with just the extra ticket.

Steve

Any good nearby (walking distance) pre-show bars?

There's Jaks Tap (http://jakstap.com/) at 901 W Jackson, about a 10 minute walk to UIC. Tons of beer on tap (http://www.beermenus.com/cities/chicago/bars/jaks-tap) and the turkey reuben I had there was pretty tasty.

Also, Crossroads (www.thecrossroadschicago.com) at 1120 W Madison St. isn't bad for a couple beers, and there are a few other places along that stretch of Madison. Like Beer Bistro (www.thebeerbistro.com) -- looks pretty cool, but I can't vouch for it.

Guest zacincceo

just got into town from my 6 am flight from boston.... so psyched.....

I ended up getting 103 row B for monday and have 2 more GA's posted them up in the other sub-thread thing whatever lol

anyone have pix of the poster? I asked this b4 someone said it was cool but didnt see how he/she saw it?!

If you get close to the stage yell at tweedy for Shake it Off......

I've tried at Bonnaroo (literally 5 ft from stage)

Lowell (in the rain 10 ft from stage)

Wappinger (20 ft .... too high to yell)

anyways, looking forward to it, anyone meeting up anywhere before/after for some w33d and b33r?

all the best, this should be a great setlist.... lets hope for a complete bustout, no wilco opener and some of Dylan's Beard!

This will be my first real Chicago Wilco show. (Lollapalooza doesn't count, haha) What should I expect to see that might differ than last night's excellent Ann Arbor show at Hill Auditorium. Are the setlists longer? Do the fans sing louder? I hope so.

This will be my first real Chicago Wilco show. (Lollapalooza doesn't count, haha) What should I expect to see that might differ than last night's excellent Ann Arbor show at Hill Auditorium. Are the setlists longer? Do the fans sing louder? I hope so.

Fans who know the material. Maybe a slightly more excited band than in Ann Arbor for the hometown.