Fantasy Bill

Sometimes I just wish the perfect concert would hit my town. I've seen Wilco thrice only and have to say each one got better progressively. Liam Finn is a great artist who did a fantastic job in the Fall 09 tour, but I have to wonder sometimes what would be the best bill known to "me". If I could have it my way it'd probably be

Delta Spirit and Wilco or

Spoon and Wilco

Dr. Dog and Wilco

Elvis Perkins and Wilco

That's just me though and here's to wishing thinking

Drive-By Truckers & Wilco

what if Wilco treated opening bands like song requests? I really see a lot of flaws in that wish, because in all honesty, I'd just be going to see Nels shred, Glenn drum, Pat constantly be switching from guitar to keyboard, John pluckin' pedaling his foot, Michael alone in the back tearing up the keys, and Jeff just being the entertainer that he his. I rambled... Could be interesting to see though...

Wilco and The Flaming lips.. This would be way too awesome for the universe to handle, causing it to implode.

It's happened. Plus Sleater-Kinney.

To be honest, Wilco has come through with most of my fantasy bills. Andrew Bird, Bon Iver (though I didn't see any of those), Fleet Foxes, Liam Finn, Calexico, Califone...

That DBT & Wilco line up would be ridiculously good, but I have a tough time envisioning DBT opening for Wilco, or for Wilco headlining over DBT. I now that's redundant, but I think you know what I mean.

first time i saw Wilco was with Dr. Dog. That is also the night that I fell in love with Dr. Dog. Therefore, i want to see a co-headlining show with Dr. Dog and Wilco

The first time I saw Wilco was with Dr. Dog opening too.

What I remember most is the annoying hippy chick twirl dancing right next to me.

Since it's just wishful thinking:

Gillian Welch and David Rawlings opening with Robyn Hitchcock (they made the album Spooked together)

Neil Finn doing a few great acoustic numbers

Wilco, with Neil and Robyn joining on all three encores (doing Beatles, Crowded House, and Soft Boys covers)

Liam was on the list and since they haven't hit the West Coast I guess he can stay there. How about Two Cow Garage or Drag the River? Or maybe Jon Brion. Yeah Jon Brion.

Also I can easily see Wilco headline with DBT opening. Or a split bill like DBT did with Son Volt a few years ago