(The Album) of the year

Well my view on this was short lived, I listened to Vetiver's Tight Knit last night and some of I & W's Around the Well and I don't know, I keep going back to those two also. Who knows? I still haven't had that one album that just floored me completely.

Off the top of my head, I would probably put these ahead of (the album) (subject to change):

Animal Collective - Merriweather Post Pavilion

The Big Pink - A Brief History of Love

Califone - All My Friends are Funeral Singers

Dirty Projectors - Bitte Orca

Girls - Album

Grizzly Bear - Veckatimest

The Love Language - s/t

Micachu & the Shapes - Jewellrey

Neko Case - Middle Cyclone

Passion Pit - Manners

Phoenix - Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix

UUVVWWZ - s/t

White Rabbits - It's Frightening

Why? - Eskimo Snow

The xx - xx

YACHT - See Mystery Lights

So, it'll probably fall within the top 15-20 for me.

Time to replace that leak.

Now that's funny.laugh.gif Actually I really do have the CD and went out and bought the first album as well so I have a clear conscience. It will always be Seven mile island to me though.

overall, W(TA) is going to be an album I return to for the rest of my life. the majority of what was released this year will, more than likely, be forgotten within a year by me, except that new Mountain Goats record, that bad boy is hardcore good.

2009 seems to have been the year of reissues for me...Bob Dylan, The Beatles, Joseph Arthur, etc. haven't done a good job with keeping up with this year's new stuff.

I'm useless at remembering what came out when but if Elvis Perkins was this year, then I second the shout for that.

Wilco is up there too, as is Phoenix & Decemberists which have both had worthy shouts.

Other than that, I'm gonna have to check some sleevenotes / refresh my memory to make a well informed judgement.

Magnolia Electric Co's Josephine wins it for me. Both the Wilco and Andrew Bird albums I thought were good.

I also listened to Dark Was The Night a lot this year. Pretty good stuff.