Which Chicago source sounds better (Oct 09)?

Dime a Dozen has 2 sources up for each Chicago show from last week. I know some of you crazies have grabbed both to ensure you have the best quality show to keep. My question is, which one (each night) is the better source. Please don't make me download both!!!!

Thank you for your support :worship

I think you mean the 19th.

ademotte at 2009-10-24 00:58:09 GMT

Note: I downloaded the other source last night and took a brief listen. From what I could tell on my little computer speakers, I think that one sounds great too. I suspect one's preference between the recordings will be based on one's own tastes -- the other has the more ambient sound of the room (since it was recorded 2/3 of the way back on the floor), whereas mine may have a more immediate "in your face" sound. Obviously the the other source has much better, more sensitive mics (at about 10 times the cost of mine), so it will likely have better representation of the highs and lows.

Regardless, I hope mine is a worthy addition at least for some. I was pretty happy with my version (though my second night recording came out better than this one.

I guess I wasn't clear in my question.

Over on Dime, there are 2 sources for the 18th and 2 sources for the 19th. I'm asking if anyone has downloaded each source for each night and if so, which is the best source for each night.

For instance, this source for the 18th uses Neumann mics (he thinks, see the note on the page), so it probably sounds pretty good:

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=272506

I see. I have not listened to the shows. Maybe someone else will offer a view as to the best version to grab. You could try just grabbing a song or two of each source (the same songs) and then doing a comparison.