Tyler quits Aerosmith?

I love the first album.

ZZ Top...good call. I didn't realize they started in '69. So that's just about it for 30+ year old bands with intact lineups.

the crazy thing as that we're hitting 40 years for these bands. i guess they'll be around forever, like willy nelson etc. if this is true, we got at least another 10-15 years with these dinosaurs. that means at least 10 more albums from neil young, 5 from dylan, and many many more stones tours :blink

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did Supa really "replace" anyone? I thought he just sat in on a few songs. Christ, I still think his "Chip Away the Stone" is one fo my favorite Aerosmith songs. Love the Live! Bootleg version.

Crespo and Dufay were so high, I don't think they knew they had been in Aerosmith until the mid-90s.

I rather like that song too. When I was a young fellow, I knew lots of girls who fit that song.

There are only a few years difference between the formation of Cheap Trick and U2 (1973/1976).

(Although the members played together, and knew each other before they formed their respective bands. The same could be said of ZZ Top, and Aerosmith, who also go back to the mid-late 1960s)

I knew we would get to Cheap Trick. I can't say I care for them, although I know a lot of people here do like them.

Tom Petersson left Cheap Trick in 1980, and came back in 1987.

Guest Speed Racer

When I was a young fellow, I knew lots of girls who fit that song.

:wub My first crush (which came months after my first band/first viewing of the "Crazy" video) fit the bill. She was, alas, the first self-centered, crazy-ass ho/heartbreaker I encountered, too. :lol

:cheers back to you. One of my goals in life is to convert as many people into Cheap Trick fans as possible. Current conversion total: 7 (but that includes my 3 oldest kids so I'm not sure they count).

One of my best friends in HS is their manager -- we listened to Black and White and In Color in his basement in the late 70s. Then he goes on to manage them :lol

Cheap Trick forever :wub

One of my best friends in HS is their manager -- we listened to Black and White and In Color in his basement in the late 70s. Then he goes on to manage them :lol

Cheap Trick forever :wub

Wow! That's a cool story. I hope they need his services for many more years. I still enjoy their music and hope they will find their way down south for a show sometime soon.

This is always fun to retell. When I saw Aerosmith in 1989, the opening act was Skid Row. Singer Sebastian Bach noted his enthusiasm thusly: "Opening for Aerosmith at the Boston Garden, man!! This is like opening for the fuckin' Pope at the fuckin' Vatican!!!"

Cheap Trick > Aerosmith (my opinion only obviously) at least as far as who I listen to more nowadays. God help me I loved Aerosmith when I was in my early teens though. The one thing all these 30+ year bands have in common is phases of bad music, decades in some cases. I really don't listen to anything from Aerosmith or Cheap Trick past 1979.

I've gots fond memories of my wife Shela doing dirty things to me while listnin to Aeromsith.

When I cot her with my best friend Rufus I told her my fist your face. Shame on you. Ooh wee.

But since than we ben alright. I wish I could say the same about them Aerosmith boys.

Time to mow the lawn again.

I'm Outski,

Ryan Kemp

I've gots fond memories of my wife Shela doing dirty things to me while listnin to Aeromsith.

When I cot her with my best friend Rufus I told her my fist your face. Shame on you. Ooh wee.

But since than we ben alright. I wish I could say the same about them Aerosmith boys.

Time to mow the lawn again.

I'm Outski,

Ryan Kemp

Say hi to Jim Anchower for me.

Despite rumors of leaving the band, Tyler joined The Joe Perry Project onstage November 10th 2009 at the Fillmore New York at Irving Plaza and proceeded to perform the Aerosmith classic "Walk This Way". According to sources at the event, Tyler assured the crowd that despite rumors to to contrary, he is not quitting Aerosmith.

Despite rumors of leaving the band, Tyler joined The Joe Perry Project onstage November 10th 2009 at the Fillmore New York at Irving Plaza and proceeded to perform the Aerosmith classic "Walk This Way". According to sources at the event, Tyler assured the crowd that despite rumors to to contrary, he is not quitting Aerosmith.

:lol The Aerosmith public relations train just keeps on rollin'...

They've probably been in the studio working on a new album this whole time. :rolleyes