Tyler quits Aerosmith?

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw Ratt in a sports bar in the '90s.

They are back at it also - minus Juan Croucier (and Robin, of course). Carlos Cavazo and Robbie Crane are now in the band along side the three other dudes.

You could always tell they liked Aerosmith.

They are back at it also - minus Juan Croucier (and Robin, of course). Carlos Cavazo and Robbie Crane are now in the band along side the three other dudes.

You could always tell they liked Aerosmith.

I'd probably go see them again if they come around. Maybe not in a sports bar, though. Every time I think of the Great White fire in Rhode Island, I imagine that venue was almost exactly like the sports bar where I saw Ratt.

I'd probably go see them again if they come around. Maybe not in a sports bar, though. Every time I think of the Great White fire in Rhode Island, I imagine that venue was almost exactly like the sports bar where I saw Ratt.

I saw that band back in the day. That was a bad deal.

late 80s early 90s was great because the 2nd tier bands from the 70s played bars. just down the street we saw kansas, ARS, foghat, etc.

i think there's something to be said about a band having a 'spiritual' leader. i was thinking about this concerning the dead. jerry was obviously the leader there and the boys just can't find their way without him. same with aerosmith maber.

now, the part of that article that got me interested was perry to 'pen for bad co.' what's that about?

late 80s early 90s was great because the 2nd tier bands from the 70s played bars. just down the street we saw kansas, ARS, foghat, etc.

i think there's something to be said about a band having a 'spiritual' leader. i was thinking about this concerning the dead. jerry was obviously the leader there and the boys just can't find their way without him. same with aerosmith maber.

now, the part of that article that got me interested was perry to 'pen for bad co.' what's that about?

To open for -

They have done some shows here and there over the past year or so.

ok. i thought it meant write for them.

As far as I know, Bad Company are just playing shows - not making new music. I could be wrong.

I don't think they would want Joe Perry writing songs with them - they would all have rock and roll in the title, or they would be about sex.

Billboard

Aerosmith's Steven Tyler secretly auditioned as Robert Plant's Led Zeppelin replacement in 2008 but was rejected by Jimmy Page after a "shambolic" tryout jam session. "It's something I've never talked about before," Aerosmith guitarist Joe Perry revealed in a recent radio interview. "It's a kind of window into how hard it's been to keep the partnership together. It's not the first time things like this have happened -- that's the downside of our relationship."

I think they should get some guy that sounds like him, or just call it a day.

There's no way Steven Tyler would have made it with those guys. He may admire them, but I could not see him fitting in with the band.

Billboard

There's no way Steven Tyler would have made it with those guys. He may admire them, but I could not see him fitting in with the band.

This is all quite sad really. I don't forsee a happy ending with all this. I think they should just call it a day.

Billboard

I wonder if they asked Chris Robinson. That Jimmy Page & The Black Crowes record, Live at the Greek, sounds fantastic.

I wonder if they asked Chris Robinson. That Jimmy Page & The Black Crowes record, Live at the Greek, sounds fantastic.

Whilst I agree that 'Live at the Greek' sounds great I just wish that both Aerosmith and Page/Jones/Bonham would just stop it. The only one with any integrity is Robert Plant who is going off pursuing different ventures instead of living off past glory's.

Although, on a related point, I seem to remember that Coverdale and Page album being a lot better than it had any right to be!

I'd say all of the LZ guys are doing their own thing now. JPJ will actually be on Saturday Night Live this week (Crooked Vultures), and Jimmy and Robert have new projects going on.

Jimmy and JPJ have projects for 2010, but i'll believe Robert when i see it - does playing soccer for the Wolves count?

• 2 weeks later...

Aerosmith, With Steven Tyler, Booked For U.K.'s Download Fest

Despite ongoing controversy about the status of its frontman, Aerosmith -- with Steven Tyler -- will be one of the headliners at this year's Download Festival, slated for June 11-13 at Donning Park in Leicestershire, England.

The booking brings Aerosmith back to the Donnington stage for the first time in 16 years, where it headlined the Monsters of Rock festival in 1994 (and, before that, in 1990). In a statement for the festival's official announcement, Tyler said, "In the early days of Aerosmith we were infected with the vibe coming out of the UK with the Yardbirds, Blues Breakers, Pretty Things and the Stones and we wanted what they had bad. So baby, we're coming home. Rock & Roll can be pure sex and we can't wait to Download..."

I wonder how mad Joe got when he heard Steven was going to sue to stop them from getting another singer?