Live Webcast from Amsterdam: Monday, November 16

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yikes, I forget how big Australia is! How many time zones are there across the continent, Beck?

In winter theres 3, but in summer theres 4 becuase a couple of sooky states don't like daylight savings. So a big country, but not that many time zones becuase our states are big too. Perth is really the odd one out, its the most isolated city in the world. NEVER drive to Perth if you value your sanity....

I guess it makes it 6.30 then in Melbourne? I can still do that... Just might need an alarm.

In winter theres 3, but in summer theres 4 becuase a couple of sooky states don't like daylight savings. So a big country, but not that many time zones becuase our states are big too. Perth is really the odd one out, its the most isolated city in the world. NEVER drive to Perth if you value your sanity....

I guess it makes it 6.30 then in Melbourne? I can still do that... Just might need an alarm.

there's two... the normal one, the ones 30 minutes behind, and perth, who no one cares about cause its basically a different country :)

So that is gonna be 3.30 for me!! not likely, this girl needs all the beauty sleep she can get, however beauty is over rated isn't?

As for Perth being the most isolated city in the world, try this, if you are driving it takes a good 24 hours before you leave the state and at that stage you only have reached a roadhouse on the border.

there's two... the normal one, the ones 30 minutes behind, and perth, who no one cares about cause its basically a different country :)

:punch tsk tsk not nice froggie

Now I'm really, really confused and also have a hankering to visit Perth! Besides, it's the home of my beloved Panics!

:thumbup Great Band. April could be especially a good time to visit Perth

Might catch up with you all later :dancing

Most of the ones 30 minutes behind the normal ones are in Adelaide. When travelling from the east coast to Adelaide, folks are advised to put your watches back 30 minutes and your calendars back 30 years. ;-) Don't get me wrong, I love Adelaide.

Most of the ones 30 minutes behind the normal ones are in Adelaide. When travelling from the east coast to Adelaide, folks are advised to put your watches back 30 minutes and your calendars back 30 years. ;-) Don't get me wrong, I love Adelaide.

i've got a lot of relatives in Adelaide and love the place too... Perth's just too for away :)

here's what "chopper read" says about perth when he's doing australia's weather! :lol