In what U2 song did Bono sing Wilco lyrics?

A few months ago I (think I) remember someone posting about seeing a U2 show where Bono changed the lyrics to some song and inserted some Wilco lyrics.

Did that happen? What (U2) song was it? What (Wilco) lyrics was it?

Thanks

Bart, all of what you think you saw and/or heard about actually happened.

This is not a dream. (cue Twilight Zone music).

Yes, to answer your question simply and quickly Bono threw in (snippeted) a few lines of Far, Far Away as the intro to Beautiful Day.

He did this at both Chicago shows and changed the lyrics around in Foxboro to reflect the T instead of the CTA.

U2 Gigs Far, Far Away

I emailed Greg Kot to see if he noticed it since I saw his review online and he didn't mention it. I figured it was a long shot.

But he responded. (Edit: For those that may not know or remember Bono got pissed at what Kot wrote after their Vertigo tour in Chicago in 2005. So he demanded to sit down with him and talk it out. Obviously, Kot has a history with WIlco. ;) )

"yes, heard that at Saturday's show and thought it was cool --- and unusually subtle by U2 standards!

and thanks for that link. much appreciated.

gk"

Since this may be your lucky day, I happen to have a recording of this that I will post for you. :thumbup

Far, Far Away chicago 9/12/09

Nothing to do with U2, but everything to do with sly live Wilco covers -- Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit at Larimer Lounge in Denver on Halloween included the big riff in the middle of "Spiders (kidsmoke)" for several minutes into the DBT song "Never Gonna Change". The recording is out there...

Thanks folks!

My wife happened to be in Charlottesville, VA for work when U2 was there. She went to the show, and I, being a devoted and attentive husband, downloaded it for her. Now I want to check if he sang the Wilco lyrics at that show too. I kind of doubt it as in the little I heard, Bono did some ad libs about Thomas Jefferson and Virginia.

Anyhow, thanks for the info. I'll post again if Wilco lyrics made it into the set.

Bart, all of what you think you saw and/or heard about actually happened.

This is not a dream. (cue Twilight Zone music).

Yes, to answer your question simply and quickly Bono threw in (snippeted) a few lines of Far, Far Away as the intro to Beautiful Day.

He did this at both Chicago shows and changed the lyrics around in Foxboro to reflect the T instead of the CTA.

U2 Gigs Far, Far Away

I emailed Greg Kot to see if he noticed it since I saw his review online and he didn't mention it. I figured it was a long shot.

But he responded. (Edit: For those that may not know or remember Bono got pissed at what Kot wrote after their Vertigo tour in Chicago in 2005. So he demanded to sit down with him and talk it out. Obviously, Kot has a history with WIlco. ;) )

"yes, heard that at Saturday's show and thought it was cool --- and unusually subtle by U2 standards!

and thanks for that link. much appreciated.

gk"

Since this may be your lucky day, I happen to have a recording of this that I will post for you. :thumbup

Far, Far Away chicago 9/12/09

Cool thanks. That clip kind of makes me like U2 again. :)