2010 Australian Tour Dates

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, An evening with Wilco would have been fantastic... however, it seems Kidsmoke was being played acoustically at those shows... I'm super keen to hear the whole band version of that.

I'm very interested to see what songs come up!

Would have loved an "evening with Wilco", but as a consolation prize Liam Finn is a pretty good one. Of course that means stupid Auckland will definately get a Neil jam. Stupid Auckland.

We still may get a "Evening with Wilco" The only way to get tickets to the Factory Theatre was with a purchase to the night before at the State Theatre. There is no way Wilco are going to do the same show to a audience that they know were ALL at the previous night. :yes

We still may get a "Evening with Wilco" The only way to get tickets to the Factory Theatre was with a purchase to the night before at the State Theatre. There is no way Wilco are going to do the same show to a audience that they know were ALL at the previous night. :yes

On the subject of the special Factory Theatre show in Sydney the night after the State Theatre gig: it seems the ticketing of this special show is something of a debacle. I booked 4 premium tickets to the State Theatre show the day they went on sale - which included tickets to the Factory Theatre gig. When I went to pick up the tickets yesterday from the Ticketmaster outlet at the State Theatre they didn't know anything about the Factory Theatre gig and were only going to give me tickets to the State Theatre gig. It took about 40 minutes of phone calls to their central office before things were finally sorted out and they were able to give me the 4 additional tickets.

So just a warning to anyone who has chosen the 'venue pickup' option for these tickets : don't leave it to the night of the State Theatre gig to get your Factory Theatre tickets - go and sort it out now.

I have other friends who chose the option of getting their premium tickets mailed out but only received the State Theatre tickets and nothing for the Factory gig.

I agree, An evening with Wilco would have been fantastic... however, it seems Kidsmoke was being played acoustically at those shows... I'm super keen to hear the whole band version of that.

I'm very interested to see what songs come up!

That acoustic version of Spiders is ridiculously good so I'm not too fussed, as long as they play it!! I'm sooooo pumped for these shows, only two weeks to go.

You know I hadn't really thought of that. Compulsory rare gems... I like it! Can't wait!

• 2 weeks later...

I had a dream last night that Nels and Glenn drove around inner-Sydney on Saturday afternoon to find the support act for Saturday night. Sunday night at the Factory, we had Johnny Cash play support promoting his new album 'Ain't no Grave'.

Bring on Saturday.

Ticketmaster must have realised the Sydney ticketing was a farce. Emails out today saying to pick up from Ticketmaster outlest BEFORE the day. Factory tickets only from the State Theatre.

Glad they got our right first go, hope everyone else is sorted.

Has anyone got any idea what the set times are for tonights show? I have a jazz festival show before hand and am trying to work out when i'll need to leave.

And whats the merchandise like for this tour? Wilco always seem to have cool posters, but crappy (love police...) tshirts. Is it much of the same?

Has anyone got any idea what the set times are for tonights show? I have a jazz festival show before hand and am trying to work out when i'll need to leave.

And whats the merchandise like for this tour? Wilco always seem to have cool posters, but crappy (love police...) tshirts. Is it much of the same?

The Tshirt with tour dates on them has a rather ugly moose on the front, with the antlers spelling out Wilco. But its kinda hard to make out, a friend thought it said "Willie". Why a moose?? We don't even have moose in Australia.. Do we not have enough native animals of our own that can spell out Wilco?

Roughly, and VERY roughly because I wasn't really paying attention, Liam is on around 8-3.30 and Wilco have been starting around 9ish and finishing after 11. But please double check, I wouldn't want you to miss something because I told you the wrong time.

The Tshirt with tour dates on them has a rather ugly moose on the front, with the antlers spelling out Wilco. But its kinda hard to make out, a friend thought it said "Willie". Why a moose?? We don't even have moose in Australia.. Do we not have enough native animals of our own that can spell out Wilco?

Roughly, and VERY roughly because I wasn't really paying attention, Liam is on around 8-3.30 and Wilco have been starting around 9ish and finishing after 11. But please double check, I wouldn't want you to miss something because I told you the wrong time.

HA! i'll look out for the moose..

Thanks for the rough times, looks like i might need to make a mad dash down swanston st to catch the start.

FWIW, I'll be taping Melb N2. Can't squeeze N1 into my gig budget though. Stupid comedy festival. :(

1) I screwed up the dates and ended up going to Melb N1 and not N2

2) My battery suffered a beery death just before California Stars, so I only got ~90 mins of the set. :(

3) Anyone still want me to torrent what I've got? Otherwise I won't bother.