“It’s more fun talking politics with people who agree with you”

Guest Speed Racer

From now until tomorrow morning, everyone who posts in this thread is also required to post (and it's got to be sincere, don't be snarky :nono ) in the Giving Thanks thread. Let's try to head into Thanksgiving on a more peaceful note. :yes

I already did! I'll post more...

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The hurt a parent feels does not know numbers or ratios.

I can go off just like the next guy but I do try to keep other peoples feelings into consideration while visiting this board. I find you, on the other hand, quite mean spirited. However, I do want to thank you. Your snooty comments, tedious quotes and blog links have helped reinforce some of my feelings.

Tweed, your contribution to most topics is one or two sentences at best, usually inane, and often mean spirited - so please, spare me the lecture.

Seriously, B.

IRDB, if your ass isn't thankful for something in the next five minutes, brace yourself for my wrath. :brow

Looks like Tweedling and GON aren't even logged in anymore. Cowards.

Ms. Racer: :thumbup

Wrong thread!!! :realmad

OK, I'll let that go for now. See how benevolent I can be? :P

Now everyone, take a deep breath, try to post constructively, don't react to other people's baiting, think happy thoughts, be thankful, etc., etc.

Seriously, B.

IRDB, if your ass isn't thankful for something in the next five minutes, brace yourself for my wrath. :brow

Looks like Tweedling and GON aren't even logged in anymore. Cowards.

Ms. Racer: :thumbup

Now that's an abuse of power right there! :P

this was your quote. if you'd like now to talk about what some group of people's actions "point to" that's fine, but don't pretend that discussion about the future of the country is entirely precluded just because someone has "more fun" talking politics with others who agree with one.

I don't even have to pretend: their words speak enough about who they are and what they plan to do. If they feel, justify, and or rationalize that they are right all the time, then we won't ever get the chance to talk.

How do you know that they will discuss politics? How do you know that they will listen? How do you know that they will bother to read the fine print? And this is the point. Do they pay attention to anything that doesn't agree with them? Do they know how to empathize? Do they know about their American duty to better the future? Do they know that it doesn't happen through sheer will but through arguments and counter arguments?

You might be right, if and only if they continued to talk with people who agree with them, because it's about having more fun.

Now you're just being silly.

You know there was a time, not too long ago, when it was considered patriotic to make personal sacrifices in a time of war, both in terms of lives and treasure - we generally consider that generation, when we consider them at all, the greatest generation. Now, we just whine like little bitches when we’re asked make even the slightest sacrifice - and some of the biggest whiners are the asshats responsible for getting us into this mess.

The moneyed classes were given trillions of dollars in tax payer “bonuses” this year, not because they performed spectacularly, but because they brought our economy to the edge of collapse - so, you’ll have to excuse me if their petulant whining falls on deaf ears.

It often appears as though the be all end all for you is making money, and as long as you’re making it, how you make it really doesn’t matter - even if you’re in the death business.

:rolleyes

Yes, because none of the other 43 presidents EVER left the White House on personal time.

And if Rutherford Hayes were currently President, my post would've said "Hayes' date nights."

We sure know one thing. You Republicans have ZERO idea how to pay for anything. Thats for sure

Who are you calling Republican?

The debate of progressive vs. regressive taxes has pretty much been settled. Iraq as a tremendous waste of lives and money has pretty much been settled. And if the rich think they're being overtaxed now, they should talk to the rich of the Eisenhower era.

The debate of progressive vs. regressive taxes has pretty much been settled. Iraq as a tremendous waste of lives and money has pretty much been settled. And if the rich think they're being overtaxed now, they should talk to the rich of the Eisenhower era.

Are you serious? Who gets to decide when a debate is settled? If anyone can do so, I call dibs on abortion and drug legalization.

It often appears as though the be all end all for you is making money, and as long as you’re making it, how you make it really doesn’t matter - even if you’re in the death business.

Well, since by making money/profit I'm also able to employ a couple hundred people, then guilty as charged. What is it you don't get about running a small business?

I'm trying to ignore the "death business" comment.

Well, since by making money/profit I'm also able to employ a couple hundred people, then guilty as charged. What is it you don't get about running a small business?

I'm trying to ignore the "death business" comment.

Nothing wrong with making money at all. I guess it all depends on how you treat the the you employ, yes? If you're exploting the hell out of them it's not right, but plenty of small business owners do right by those who are the lifeblood of the company.

Nothing wrong with making money at all. I guess it all depends on how you treat the the you employ, yes? If you're exploting the hell out of them it's not right, but plenty of small business owners do right by those who are the lifeblood of the company.

Agreed.